Queens Park vs Ayr United

D'Jaffo

Away from the league action with this one and a return to Hampden. I think we might make a couple of changes for this one and I’d love to see young Finn Ecrepont get a run out.

Doohan

Ferguson Adams Rose Ecrepont

McGuffie Docherty Murdoch Crawford

Moore Shankland

4-0 Ayr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t really care about this one - should be a good run out for a few though.

Hare - Reid

Ferguson Bell CB. Ecrepont

McDaid Docherty McCowan McGuffie

Hilton

Moore

Can’t remember if either McCowan/Hilton are out on loan. Wouldn’t want to play with either Rose or Adams, must be a centre half at youth level that can be given a chance?

Don’t really care about this one - should be a good run out for a few though.

Hare - Reid

Ferguson Bell CB. Ecrepont

McDaid Docherty McCowan McGuffie

Hilton

Moore

Can’t remember if either McCowan/Hilton are out on loan. Wouldn’t want to play with either Rose or Adams, must be a centre half at youth level that can be given a chance?

I wouldn’t drop Doohan. He’s very young and whilst he’s in good form he should stay in the team. It might have a negative effect dropping him when he’s done nothing wrong.

We shouldn’t be making wholesale changes here. The spine of the team i.e Rose, Murdoch and Shankland should be playing every single game that they are fit.

I wouldn’t drop Doohan. He’s very young and whilst he’s in good form he should stay in the team. It might have a negative effect dropping him when he’s done nothing wrong.

We shouldn’t be making wholesale changes here. The spine of the team i.e Rose, Murdoch and Shankland should be playing every single game that they are fit.

It’s not dropping him. I hardly think playing another keeper in a cup competition is going to affect Doohan. This is basically a reserve cup now - it’s a load of utter shite. We have an important game at the weekend, don’t think a single player starting at the weekend should be starting in this one.

Why would you want to risk Rose, Murdoch and Shankland in this nothing competition?

It’s not dropping him. I hardly think playing another keeper in a cup competition is going to affect Doohan. This is basically a reserve cup now - it’s a load of utter shite. We have an important game at the weekend, don’t think a single player starting at the weekend should be starting in this one.

Why would you want to risk Rose, Murdoch and Shankland in this nothing competition?

It’s not about risking them. It’s about putting out the best team we can whilst rotating in a few players that need game time like Moore and Docherty.

By all means play a few of the youngsters but make sure that the key areas of the pitch have our best players. Anyway Shankland will see this game as a way of boosting his goals tally so he’ll be desperate to play this one.

Gus post match interview suggested a few changes and rightly so.  A cup run is always welcome for the fans but an experienced coach like ex-Kilmarnock legend Gus (just to spice up the thread a bit) will rightly see it as an opportunity to test some of those getting skelves on the arse at the moment and help him consider a different formation. 4-4-2 or at very least 4-4-1-1. 

Line-up as below.

Image result for foosball images

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Gus post match interview suggested a few changes and rightly so.  A cup run is always welcome for the fans but an experienced coach like ex-Kilmarnock legend Gus (just to spice up the thread a bit) will rightly see it as an opportunity to test some of those getting skelves on the arse at the moment and help him consider a different formation. 4-4-2 or at very least 4-4-1-1. 

Line-up as below.

Image result for foosball images

I am absolutely furious. 

It’s not about risking them. It’s about putting out the best team we can whilst rotating in a few players that need game time like Moore and Docherty.

By all means play a few of the youngsters but make sure that the key areas of the pitch have our best players. Anyway Shankland will see this game as a way of boosting his goals tally so he’ll be desperate to play this one.

Surely we want to play Hare-Reid? So he has some sort of exposure to the first team in case Doohan gets injured. Still don’t think we should be risking any of our best players. McCall said during his interview that Shankland had been struggling last week and hadn’t trained so he shouldn’t be near this game.

I'll be annoyed if Crawford and shankland aren't rested.

We've got plenty of options out wide and in midfield.

Agree. Adams as well. We have an important game at the weekend where we can get through to a quarter final! Dundee will be r sting up through the week.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's really not McCall's style to change things up massively,  especially when it comes to the goalkeeper and youth players. How many times last season was this suggested and  it never happened.

This stage of the competition last year?

Doohan

Ferguson Bell Rose/Higgins Ecrepont

McDaid Docherty Murdoch McGuffie

Moffat Moore

Subs: Hare-Reid, Geggan, Adams, Kerr, Crawford, Forrest, Shankland

Think Shankland could well be rested because he only did half a days training last week as he had a back issue, shouldn't be risked with such a big cup game on Saturday away to Dundee. Would also be a big opportunity for Moore to have a good game who's going to need to take every chance he gets.

It's well known though that McCall doesn't have a tendancy to mix things up so i don't expect many changes at all, shows our squad depth that there's no space for Harvie in that team but tbh expect Harvie to play over Ecrepont. Not sure if Higgins has played in any bounce games yet, does anyone know?

Looking forward to my first away game of the season and predict a win, not sure how much of a challenge QP will provide but going for 3-1 Ayr.

Archived