TOP OF THE LEAGUE THREAD

I don't know why you've bothered to post that this week!
Feels like another defeat! The amount of points we've thrown away this last month is fukin ridiculous!
Looks like the top two are trying are trying to hand the title to Clyde.

Considering we were 2-0 down away to Elgin and came away with a point doesn’t feel like a defeat to me. We almost nicked it for only 5 minutes so I’m not too disheartened.

23 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

It would appear that Edinburgh's bottle has well and truly crashed. A poor run of form for them was only a matter of time. 

Pleasing to see Peterhead losing as well, hopefully Annan didn't celebrate to loudly for McInally...

Interesting, Stonehouse. Upon entering the stadium reception today, what can only be described as a fucking rave appeared to be taking place in the home dressing room. At 1pm!! John Taylor was even spotted bopping along at one point, and took an opportunity to laugh at certain moaning-faced c***s greetin' lately.

The spirit and togetherness, and those playground-smiles at the goal are confirmation enough for me that this trophy is absolutely in the bag. It's not even up for debate any longer. 

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Interesting, Stonehouse. Upon entering the stadium reception today, what can only be described as a fucking rave appeared to be taking place in the home dressing room. At 1pm!! John Taylor was even spotted bopping along at one point, and took an opportunity to laugh at certain moaning-faced c***s greetin' lately.

The spirit and togetherness, and those playground-smiles at the goal are confirmation enough for me that this trophy is absolutely in the bag. It's not even up for debate any longer. 

The togetherness and team spirit around the club just now is brilliant to see as well as a huge relief given the poor relations between playing squad and fans over the years in league 2. Long may it continue!

12 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The togetherness and team spirit around the club just now is brilliant to see as well as a huge relief given the poor relations between playing squad and fans over the years in league 2. Long may it continue!

BWS, i know "relations" may be a cliche, but i don't believe it's something that exists to any sort of degree at clubs in any other league, never mind L2. Yes, the players everywhere else run to fans, get photos, visit schools etc.... but these young lads are on a different plane. The level of conversations between fans and players (WHICH SHALL REMAIN PRIVATE!!) is absolutely startling. That communication is completely down to Norrie's building of success through people's characters. Ferguson may have built a team that was in this position, but with (exception of Marko and Linton) a shower of wage-stealing arrogant wankers. The difference between then and now is astounding. 

On 27/01/2019 at 13:44, Officer Barbrady said:

BWS, i know "relations" may be a cliche, but i don't believe it's something that exists to any sort of degree at clubs in any other league, never mind L2. Yes, the players everywhere else run to fans, get photos, visit schools etc.... but these young lads are on a different plane. The level of conversations between fans and players (WHICH SHALL REMAIN PRIVATE!!) is absolutely startling. That communication is completely down to Norrie's building of success through people's characters. Ferguson may have built a team that was in this position, but with (exception of Marko and Linton) a shower of wage-stealing arrogant wankers. The difference between then and now is astounding. 

Couldn't agree more, long may it continue!

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, doulikefish said:

With the self proclaimed league champs getting beat its back to a 2 horse raceFB_IMG_1552151221891.jpg

That will be the final table in my view since Clyde have fallen back,  Peterhead have experience at the end of the season title race and we play the top 2 for our last 2 fixtures.  Peterhead away and Edinburgh at home.  Think we will lose away and win at home.   

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I said last Saturday when Clyde had the four points deducted that was Peterhead won the league.

Edinburgh city have been playing rubbish since the new year, so we were never going to catch you,  but Clyde probably might have.

Until last week, I really thought we could have caught Peterhead. However, it’s gone now and the leagues theirs. Edinburgh, Clyde and Annan in the playoffs for sure.