Sell me a cheap laptop

I’ve got a copy of Champ Man 01/02 but no laptop to play it on. Anyone on here who knows if they have an old up to CM01/02 spec laptop lying around and fancy selling it to me?

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I’ve got a copy of Champ Man 01/02 but no laptop to play it on. Anyone on here who knows if they have an old up to CM01/02 spec laptop lying around and fancy selling it to me?

If you can borrow someone's laptop you could install the game on an android phone or tablet.

12 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

You can use any laptop as long as you only install Windows XP or Windows 7 professional onto it.

If you get an old laptop pre XP redundancy you will definitely get MB drivers from it's manufacturer's website no problem. If you don't have XP I can help you out how to get a copy that's a corporate edition and only needs to be activated genuinely by a 20 digit code key offline.

If you get offered a Windows 7 laptop it has to be the corporate version and not any other kind of Windows 7 product. I say corporate because it has a virtual XP OS program running in the background for XP programs. The corporate was created so that companies could use their expensive software made for XP and could be transferred onto the newer Windows 7 platform for easier transition to the newer OS when XP was to be phased out. It's backwards compatible but not the Ultimate version or any other Windows 7 version. Both the 32 bit & 64 bit Windows 7 corporate will do.

You can also create a dual boot system if your new laptop has any other kind of OS. Use it for CM01/02 and any other time on the other OS to go online.

You can use any laptop as long as you only install Windows XP or Windows 7 professional onto it.
If you get an old laptop pre XP redundancy you will definitely get MB drivers from it's manufacturer's website no problem. If you don't have XP I can help you out how to get a copy that's a corporate edition and only needs to be activated genuinely by a 20 digit code key offline.
If you get offered a Windows 7 laptop it has to be the corporate version and not any other kind of Windows 7 product. I say corporate because it has a virtual XP OS program running in the background for XP programs. The corporate was created so that companies could use their expensive software made for XP and could be transferred onto the newer Windows 7 platform for easier transition to the newer OS when XP was to be phased out. It's backwards compatible but not the Ultimate version or any other Windows 7 version. Both the 32 bit & 64 bit Windows 7 corporate will do.
You can also create a dual boot system if your new laptop has any other kind of OS. Use it for CM01/02 and any other time on the other OS to go online.

f9edf1c5-21d7-455d-8bd8-9372a8a35642.jpg

Could you also run it in a vm?

ETA - is there a DOS version? If so, dosbox is the way to go. I use it to play privateer 2 :) Now there's a game with immersive cut scenes

On 11/08/2018 at 07:38, Dindeleux said:

f9edf1c5-21d7-455d-8bd8-9372a8a35642.jpg

? Are you suggesting I am lying to you?  I may act like a fud elsewhere on the forum but I do share my extensive computing knowledge as Mr X will vouch for. I can help sort you out if your new laptop needs sorted to play your game. I also use an older Manager sim LMA 2007, has given me many many hours of unadulterated fun away from the missus. :)

On 11/08/2018 at 08:39, Mr X said:

Could you also run it in a vm?

ETA - is there a DOS version? If so, dosbox is the way to go. I use it to play privateer 2 :) Now there's a game with immersive cut scenes

I think because he is looking for an old laptop that a virtual machine will only end up chewing up too many resources basically running two operating systems at the same time. Most likely i3 territory there. If the laptop isn't powerful enough it will slow down and get sluggish and start to stutter making gaming a nightmare.

I suggested XP pro because it is the OS the game was designed for. This is the path of least resistance if it is only to play one game and nowt else then getting a copy of XP pro isn't all that hard all on the net. I have a corporate serial he could activate it genuinely with.

I also threw out there the Windows 7 corporate edition if Dindy is possibly wanting to go online as well as gaming. This particular version comes with a virtual XP machine built in and avoids any conflicts as it is part of the OS itself. Doesn't work as a separate virtual machine in a windowed box and uses the Windows 7 main user interface. I use this operating system myself because I have expensive software designed for XP and this Windows 7 version allows me to use that software on Windows 7 without having to use an emulator or virtual software.

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

I think because he is looking for an old laptop that a virtual machine will only end up chewing up too many resources basically running two operating systems at the same time. Most likely i3 territory there. If the laptop isn't powerful enough it will slow down and get sluggish and start to stutter making gaming a nightmare.

I suggested XP pro because it is the OS the game was designed for. This is the path of least resistance if it is only to play one game and nowt else then getting a copy of XP pro isn't all that hard all on the net. I have a corporate serial he could activate it genuinely with.

I also threw out there the Windows 7 corporate edition if Dindy is possibly wanting to go online as well as gaming. This particular version comes with a virtual XP machine built in and avoids any conflicts as it is part of the OS itself. Doesn't work as a separate virtual machine in a windowed box and uses the Windows 7 main user interface. I use this operating system myself because I have expensive software designed for XP and this Windows 7 version allows me to use that software on Windows 7 without having to use an emulator or virtual software.

I meant run a VM on a newer machine, rather than buy an old laptop

Just now, Mr X said:

I meant run a VM on a newer machine, rather than buy an old laptop

Depends on his budget though and he hasn't posted how fucking shit he wants the laptop to be yet either. :lol:

Most likely a fad based on nostalgia at once playing it often only to throw the game in the bin after he remembers how shit it is compared to the newer manager sims. :lol:

On 10/08/2018 at 11:04, Dindeleux said:

Looks like no c**t has an old laptop to sell you. 

? Are you suggesting I am lying to you?  I may act like a fud elsewhere on the forum but I do share my extensive computing knowledge as Mr X will vouch for. I can help sort you out if your new laptop needs sorted to play your game. I also use an older Manager sim LMA 2007, has given me many many hours of unadulterated fun away from the missus. [emoji4]

More to do with the technical analysis that means nothing to me. Just sell me a laptop mate.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

More to do with the technical analysis that means nothing to me. Just sell me a laptop mate.

Have you tried Ebay? You should easily pick up an older Laptop for less than £40. The battery will probably be shite as with most older ones. You could easily bag one installed with XP on it.

Archived