29 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

There's absolutely no way that Falkirk crowds are remotely close to what they're announced as.  Saturday might have been a lot closer with it being the first game, but 9/10 the crowd is some wild number which everyone can see is absolute nonsense.  Probably inclusive of every season ticket sold, despite not every season ticket holder being in attendance. 

It's a simple observation. No need to take the huff. 

Virtually every club in the country includes all season ticket holders in attendance figures.

Just because we have a support triple the size of yours doesn't mean you have to be jealous.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Virtually every club in the country includes all season ticket holders in attendance figures.

Just because we have a support triple the size of yours doesn't mean you have to be jealous.

Do they?

Why would you do that. That in itself defeats the purpose of announcing, erm, the match attendance. ..

Queens don’t probably cause we haven’t got that many season ticket holders. The club never says how many anyway.

5 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Queens don’t probably cause we haven’t got that many season ticket holders. The club never says how many anyway.

Not necessarily because you don't have that many season ticket holders, but because it's absolutely not the done thing. 

Unless ofc, you're either of Falkirk, Dunfermline or the Highland clubs. 

A perfect example here - crowd announced as a 4816 :lol::lol::lol:

image.png.ebcfa10fde2b2b6bbdfe85418becb340.png

Lies. 

This thread is pretty much irrelevant. Who gives a flying f**k how teams count attendance? Why do Morton fans care how Queens fans count attendance? Why does it matter to Partick fans how Falkirk fans count attendances? 

I know the gap between games drags a bit, but Jesus.. 

Just wee teams jumping up and down trying to get noticed. 

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Eh, your fans have also been banging on that the league Cup was meaningless and you couldn't look to deaply into it, make up yer minds min. 

Also Dunfermline, Falkirk and the Highland sides announce how many tickets have been sold for the game, it doesn't bother me much tbh. 

It was meaningless but we were still poor and then poor again on Saturday. The pre season enthusiasm has disappeared like snow aff a dyke.

23 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Not at all.

In the top flight last season, I’m relatively confident it was a 50/50 split between “tickets sold” and actual attendance. Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and County are the ones it look like gave tickets sold, while the other 6 reported who was actually in attendance. I’ll admit I could be wrong about a couple of these, but just from the simple eye test when you’re at the game it’s usually easy enough to work it out.

Cant speak for last year’s Championship, but I know Dunfermline admitted they do it, and it seems like you’re acknowledging that Falkirk do as well.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Not at all.

In the top flight last season, I’m relatively confident it was a 50/50 split between “tickets sold” and actual attendance. Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and County are the ones it look like gave tickets sold, while the other 6 reported who was actually in attendance. I’ll admit I could be wrong about a couple of these, but just from the simple eye test when you’re at the game it’s usually easy enough to work it out.

Cant speak for last year’s Championship, but I know Dunfermline admitted they do it, and it seems like you’re acknowledging that Falkirk do as well.

Great Post. 

If you want to know how many Thistle fans are ready for the #NextBigMoment just read/count the posts from the last two months of nothingness on the Club Twitter feed and round down to exclude mentions of the “quality” new signings we have.

I prefer the actual attendance figure being stated. It's not a number pulled out of the air though. We have actually got that many fans either in the ground or own a Pars season ticket.

Morton could start announcing crowds of 2000 if they added their ST holders. Come join us.

You can also add Dundee to that list above. I know for a fact they add season ticket sales to attendances.

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I prefer the actual attendance figure being stated. It's not a number pulled out of the air though. We have actually got that many fans either in the ground or own a Pars season ticket.

Morton could start announcing crowds of 2000 if they added there ST holders. Come join us.

You can also add Dundee to that list above. I know for a fact they add season ticket sales to attendances.

It didn't look like it when I was at Dens twice last season. But as I said it's more of an educated guess, so you could well be right.

I know for a fact that Thistle count actual attendance, and am almost certain that Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone do as well.

The exception to it all is Ross County, who for as long as I can remember seem to genuinely have been pulling figures straight out of the air, though.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Attendances are pretty much only used for bragging between fans, or by the media to either slate a wee club or champion a bigger one who are shite. It's just a bit daft that there's no set criteria for measuring it.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It didn't look like it when I was at Dens twice last season. But as I said it's more of an educated guess, so you could well be right.

I know for a fact that Thistle count actual attendance, and am almost certain that Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone do as well.

The exception to it all is Ross County, who for as long as I can remember seem to genuinely have been pulling figures straight out of the air, though.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Attendances are pretty much only used for bragging between fans, or by the media to either slate a wee club or champion a bigger one who are shite. It's just a bit daft that there's no set criteria for measuring it.

It may well be that more turned up that day Nightmare. 

I had a family member who was on the board at Dundee, that's how I know. They have added ST's for years.

Pars only started doing this last year because Falkirk had been doing it. Does look daft sometimes when you have a midweek games in mid winter and half the attendance are sitting at home. The picture the Morton fan posted was a midweek game in winter last season and we were on a really bad run of form. That game was probably the most extreme example of this.  Normally there's a difference of 6-700 for regular Saturdays.  Under 12 season tickets are the biggest contributor to the gap. Next year we will not be including under 12 tickets who don't attend, so our figures will be not that different in future.

Archived