11th August Predictions - thoughts

Golum

CIVIL SERVICE STROLLERS VS CUMBERNAULD COLTS

Colts will be on a high after a great result versus the the much fancied Kelty last week can only see 1 winner here but Colts playing on grass levels it off so 1- 3 for the Colts

EAST KILBRIDE VS VALE OF LEITHEN

East Kilbride tipped for the League and playing well   6-1 for EK

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE VS WHITEHILL WELFARE

Has to be one way traffic in this 1 after thrashing Stirling University last week 6 -0  and the poor state the Welfare are in  this could be a real hammering 8 - 0

EDUSPORT ACADEMY VS EDINBURGH UNIVERSITY

Edu sadly had a week off due to the league letting Selkirk have a week off so will be fresh for this ,  Edinburgh Uni are hot and cold so a close game here , the odd goal either way , 2-1 EDU

GALA FAIRYDEAN ROVERS VS BSC GLASGOW

Gala have been a real shock with their New signings and  hopes were high but results poor , I see no change here  BSC 3-1

GRETNA 2008 VS UNIVERSITY OF STIRLING

Gretna had an important win last week and Stirling had 1 of their worst results but in the pitch at Gretna they will have a major advantage against Stirling whom will be desperate to bounce back

Close match 1-1 

THE SPARTANS VS DALBEATTIE STAR

Spartans need to keep winning now as dropping more points at home will be a disaster for them , The Star have done well but  3-1 Spartans

KELTY HEARTS VS SELKIRK

The only prediction here is by how many Kelty will win  10 - 0 Kelty

:thumsup2 Good luck to all and as its Football anything can happen 

17 hours ago, Golum said:

CIVIL SERVICE STROLLERS VS CUMBERNAULD COLTS

Colts will be on a high after a great result versus the the much fancied Kelty last week can only see 1 winner here but Colts playing on grass levels it off so 1- 3 for the Colts

EAST KILBRIDE VS VALE OF LEITHEN

East Kilbride tipped for the League and playing well   6-1 for EK

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE VS WHITEHILL WELFARE

Has to be one way traffic in this 1 after thrashing Stirling University last week 6 -0  and the poor state the Welfare are in  this could be a real hammering 8 - 0

EDUSPORT ACADEMY VS EDINBURGH UNIVERSITY

Edu sadly had a week off due to the league letting Selkirk have a week off so will be fresh for this ,  Edinburgh Uni are hot and cold so a close game here , the odd goal either way , 2-1 EDU

GALA FAIRYDEAN ROVERS VS BSC GLASGOW

Gala have been a real shock with their New signings and  hopes were high but results poor , I see no change here  BSC 3-1

GRETNA 2008 VS UNIVERSITY OF STIRLING

Gretna had an important win last week and Stirling had 1 of their worst results but in the pitch at Gretna they will have a major advantage against Stirling whom will be desperate to bounce back

Close match 1-1 

THE SPARTANS VS DALBEATTIE STAR

Spartans need to keep winning now as dropping more points at home will be a disaster for them , The Star have done well but  3-1 Spartans

KELTY HEARTS VS SELKIRK

The only prediction here is by how many Kelty will win  10 - 0 Kelty

:thumsup2 Good luck to all and as its Football anything can happen 

Aye you'll no be far wrong there Golum. Think Spartans will put at least 5 past Dalbeattie though :thumsup2

Further Lowland League Board Statement: Selkirk Football Club

Selkirk Football Club have today informed the Lowland League Board that they are unable to fulfil this weekend’s arranged league fixture with Kelty Hearts at New Central Park. In line with current league regulations, the matter will now be referred to a Disciplinary Panel.

No further statements will be issued until this process has been completed.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:29, Rab B Nesbit said:

Where’s Cicero with a points system and a spreadsheet when you need him ? 

The lost hours I spent doing that, no thank you.  That and trying to put together a programme ( I don't need to tell you about that) it was amazing that I actually got any work done for my day job.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The lost hours I spent doing that, no thank you.  That and trying to put together a programme ( I don't need to tell you about that) it was amazing that I actually got any work done for my day job.

The good old days where you been ?

We've still nae floodlights by the way :lol:

Hope yer well and Good to hear from ye  :)

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

The good old days where you been ?

We've still nae floodlights by the way :lol:

Hope yer well and Good to hear from ye  :)

Cheers Newky.  

I have had a long break from non-league football (enjoyed watching more of my "big" team over the last three seasons ). I was taken by surprise by a couple things  when I logged on last week for the first time in a long while.  No more than seeing that the juniors have finally jumped ship and at a level below Lowland league, who would have thought it? :whistle  Although I am a bit confused what the EoS conference leagues are all about, someone will have to direct to where it is all explained.

The way things appear to be going at Whitehill, it looks like the correct decision was made by the Whitehill committee not to install floodlights.  

Anyway back to this thread, Edinburgh Uni let me down for a  Lowland league six fold at the bookies last week. I thought since they won at Raydale, and Gretna had a couple of good results elsewhere, the students must have returned from their holidays a bit early this year.

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Although I am a bit confused what the EoS conference leagues are all about, someone will have to direct to where it is all explained.

Top 5 from conference A B and C go into the premier league  below  LL for next season I think cic.

There is some kind of play off at the end to decide who will join the LL next season.

There's a team 16 in there somewhere whether it be from the LL  (which seems to be the consensus on here, as many teams as poss relegated from the LL :whistle) or elsewhere. 

Not sure if it's 100% accurate but someone will no doubt come along and put me in my place.

Again!!!! :lol:

Due to 26 clubs joining (24 from the East Juniors + 1 from the West Juniors + 1 new club), there are 3 parallel conferences of 13 teams each in the EOSL this season. Winners of each go into a 'round robin' - 1 home game/1 away game/1 day as the odd team - with champion proceeding to the EOSL-SOSL playoff for promotion to Lowland next season.

Top 5s in each conference, less the champion (if promoted), plus anyone relegated from LL, form new 16-team EOS Premier Division for 2019-20. There may be slots for best 6th place team(s), depending on relegated clubs from SPFL2/LL being south of Tay/west of "salt & sauce" line. Or indeed anyone folding...

That probably sounds more complicated than it actually is. Here's a diagram:

36861906_1002406603256772_18118405136874

Archived