Lowland League Catch Up

MichaelJayPark

On 22/10/2020 at 16:19, RampantFM said:

The red card decisions were what they were, but like I said on the podcast, it has no bearing whether it was Spartans or any other team, I would have still felt the same but there is highlights available so people can judge for themselves.

On 22/10/2020 at 16:41, Born To Run said:

Imagine listening to that and thinking we “targeted” a ref. 😂

As always on the podcast, we’ll talk about our personal views which do not reflect those of any clubs - that’s why we aren’t boring. Having said that, I’m still scratching my head at how gogsy reached that viewpoint.

Well tbh the podcast did say the red cards were a shocker and the ref ruined the game - yes this referee is infamous however the highlights don't exactly support your conclusion.

The first red card is correct as the Uni player has been pulled back as he's through on goal - once you give the foul for that it must be a red as there's no attempt to play the ball (he does get the ball but only after pulling the attacker back).

The second one is more debatable, but again he's through on goal and if the ref feels he's got enough control of the ball before the foul then it's a red card for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. If not a red then he'd be sent off for a second yellow anyway.

The rule changes back in 2017 had absolutely nothing to do with either red card. The rule change would only apply had the defender in the first incident committed a foul while going for the ball - then it would only be a yellow and not a red.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Well tbh the podcast did say the red cards were a shocker and the ref ruined the game - yes this referee is infamous however the highlights don't exactly support your conclusion.

I spoke strictly on a professional front in regards to his performance as a referee and he is known to me. Do we speak about every game he refs? Absolutely not. 

Criticism is not "targeting" and it's not personal. 

If that was the case, then I could accuse you and Gogsy of "targeting" me. 

I certainly don't feel that way. The notion is ridiculous. 

And it's fine to have a different opinion. I can only go with what I saw at the game like you can with the highlights. 

Jason Leitch said on Saturday that he expected the sequence (of allowing fans back) would likely start with local small clubs with small stadia, where fans can walk, cycle or drive; not risking large numbers on public transport. He thinks 'that's the way the order will go'

Unfortunately he also said we're 'not quite ready yet' But positive vibes for SLFL perhaps. Listen from 16 mins in, very well described with typically sound context.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08w8tw3

Let's hope something workable comes out of this,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good listen though as always and I agree with the vast majority of what you said.

Completely agree with you that watching the streams has been really good for people in a tough time. I'd add podcasts to that too so thanks for continuing to put these out.