Elgin City v Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv

Guest Landan Spiv

Big game for us Saturday against a team we always get gubbed by away from home. Much better team than we had last season though. If we keep Elgins main men quiet then we could be in for a win here. Borough Briggs is a fortress though so we're gonna have to be 110% to get a result there. Gareth Rodger might be out I haven't heard anything regarding his injury from last week. Josh Walker sidelined for 3 months, Donaldson hasn't been there for last two games so no clue where he is. Hopefully we get another signing or two before saturday even if they're just half decent back up players. Squad is looking quite thin and if we get injuries we could be in a bit of bother. I'll keep the faith though. 

Score Prediction..... Elgin 2 Edinburgh City 2

I'll be more than happy with a point in reality. 

Guest Landan Spiv
6 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

We got a good point away to Annan where we rarely get anything, so with that and home advantage, I'm going for a  home win by a couple of  goals.

Your a top team at home. What I've always wondered about Elgin though is why you can't replicate your home form on the road? Elgin are clearly good enough to beat anyone in this division so what happens when you travel away? You got gubbed by us at Meadowbank in one of the games in 2016/17 and last season as well at Ainslie Park. What's the latest with Shane Sutherland? He's been incredible for you past couple of years. 

Really looking forward to this. First chance to see where we realistically are after getting pumped in the cup by teams that should always be beating us. Good result and by all accounts the better team at Annan last week so hopeful for an Elgin win. Very surprised to see Sutherland still at the club as I thought the money involved is a pittance for other clubs with a bit of financial backing but if he plays anything like 100% and we keep a few other key players injury free we could be on for a very interesting season. Hope to nick a close game 2-1. 

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:22, gordon9736 said:

We got a good point away to Annan where we rarely get anything, so with that and home advantage, I'm going for a  home win by a couple of  goals.

Half right, I'm happy with the result.

Nice to win the first home game. More pleased with the result than the performance really and think Edinburgh will feel they should have taken at least a point. We gave the ball away far too often but defended pretty well and worked hard to close Edinburgh down when they had. I thought Mcleish put in an excellent shift (just wish he could add a few goals) and was impressed with Beattie especially defending free kicks and corners. 4 points is a good start and I think we'll get better as a few players get fitter so positive stuff!

11 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Good start. Need to be aiming to win next week given our opponents start to the season. Looking forward to it.

Agreed, once the Arbroath cup game is out of the way, our next 3 games are against the 3 clubs without any points yet with 1 goal scored and 16 conceded between them, what an opportunity to get the season off to a cracking start if we can pick up 7-9 points from these next 3 games.

First time I've seen Wilson this season and was quite surprised that he got MotM, thought Beattie should've got it. Keeper played well, Darryl was close to getting a 2nd booking, Shane, Soapy put in good shifts. Thought Cooper had a poor first half, but improved. McLeish did his usual running but failed with a couple of efforts.

Edinburgh are a changed team and won't be panicking about finishing bottom. They also seemed to have added a bit of South American flair to their game by surrounding the ref when they're not happy with the decision.

3pts are 3pts  and that's what matters.

Archived