OZ

Clough85

Recently finished OZ.  Had meaning to watch it for quite a while and finally got round to it. Outstanding. Writers were constantly able to produce good storylines and subplots despite being restricted to the prison setting. 

Plenty familiar faces show up throughout  the series and there is a whole host of excellent characters, brutal storylines and shocking scenes from the very first episode. 

JK Simmons portrayal of Schillinger , Terry Kinney as emerald city supervisor Tim McManus, Dean and Scott Winters as brother Ryan and Cyril O’Reilly, Lee Tergesen as Beecher and Eamonn Walker as Kareem Said  all deserve special mention. 

Also Harold Perrineaus performance as the narrator has earned my forgiveness for his shoddy behaviour in Lost. 

Best drama I’ve watched since the Wire. Highly reccomended. 

• 1 year later...

Agree it went off the rails near the end but I’m sure it was a rewritten, rushed conclusion after they received notice that the show wouldn’t be renewed.

Incredible show on the whole though and by f**k some of it was a grim watch.

ETA: Alvarez gouging out the screw’s eyes to try get in with the Mexican gang was peak horrific.

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Agree it went off the rails near the end but I’m sure it was a rewritten, rushed conclusion after they received notice that the show wouldn’t be renewed.

Incredible show on the whole though and by f**k some of it was a grim watch.

ETA: Alvarez gouging out the screw’s eyes to try get in with the Mexican gang was peak horrific.

To be fair he makes amends by training him up a nice guide dog. 

Prison works. 

• 3 weeks later...