Stirling vs Clyde

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was another in a long list of tremendous displays of application, organisation and quality starting in mid-January last year. DL has said in a number of interviews that he's looked to improve our work off the ball and Stirling for all their possession hardly managed to create an overload, or catch us out on a counter attack. When you add in the fact we seem able to score 3 goals almost at will (the 9th time since aforementioned mid-January!) and a fan-base that has an almost united drive and focus, then things are set up for a fantastic season.

I felt a bit for Lamont being dropped from the team as he played well last week but there's no doubt that the quartet we fielded today provide a hard nut to crack in our away matches. Four generals storming around the middle of the pitch, with the necessary width coming from the flawless Stewart and the vastly improving right back performances of Cuddihy. All we heard from QotS fans was that Rankin just hit the ball as far as he could but we've not seen a bit of that. Goodwillie was not at his sharpest today but could have got a hat-trick, whilst Love is looking the likeliest to ease his goal scoring burden. 

However well the likes of Nicoll, Rankin, Stewart and others played today, they weren't a patch on McNiff. He played well last season but he's gone to a totally different level so far this term.  A decent pairing forming with Rumsby, another who has blossomed playing in a confident, competent squad, as well as endearing himself with that moment of complete stupidity. And a special mention to Ferns for perking things up when the game was dead.

Stirling were diabolical. Jardine took up some nice positions in the first half, Hamilton stuck at it and Binnie kept the score down (having perhaps contributed to it being 3-0). Banner put in one of the worst individual performances I've seen in quite a while though, whilst Mark Stewart looked like an Albion Rovers signing target rather than someone who has played his entire career at a decent level.

Last time we started a season with two wins in a row? 2004/05. Hopefully Goodwillie, Stewart and McNiff get told the midweek game is at Broadwood.

My only small criticism would be the first half when our midfield were slow to close down space allowing the Stirling players time on the ball. This was particularly obvious around 30 yards from our goal. Luckily, they were not good enough to take full advantage.

My worry would be that Peterhead are good enough to make more of it.

However, I'm very pleased with the overall performance. McNiff was my man of the match followed by Love.

Special mention too for Barry Cuddihy who has been a revelation at right back.

Stirling were diabolical. Jardine took up some nice positions in the first half, Hamilton stuck at it and Binnie kept the score down (having perhaps contributed to it being 3-0). Banner put in one of the worst individual performances I've seen in quite a while though, whilst Mark Stewart looked like an Albion Rovers signing target rather than someone who has played his entire career at a decent level.

I would love to say you are wrong David W and I’ve not got the mentality of a pea to come back at you with a smart answer, but sadly you are absolutely spot on with what you have said above.

Very very worrying times, someone mentioned to me today that that’s 15 league games without a win for us now......oh how much I would give to have Danny Lennon’s right hand man back at the club [emoji17]

There were times in 1st half im losing the plot to close em down. 2nd half was the easiet 45 mins ive ever watched in 20 odd year. Not a chance stirling will be that bad regardless of our domantion. I posted during week No Barr and Smith was very good news. Didnt realise you rely on those boys so much. Perhaps like us losing DGW and Nicol-My Motm again !!!!

51 minutes ago, an86 said:

Man found guilty of race hate scores double. Man guilty of rape scores goal. c***s chant their names. 

What makes you so angry, the fact we sing their names or the fact we sing,  QP fans should try it sometime, it does create an atmosphere, honest.

8 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Awww pal, sending love and hugs your way emoji173.png

Did you think about the man that Ally Love racially abused? Or the woman that David Goodwillie and David Robertson raped? 

5 minutes ago, sydney said:

an86 seems to be a wee bit upset. His team won today but he hasn't posted any post match comments on their match thread. Rather, he seems to want to contribute to ours. Obsessed. 

Which are you more uncomfortable about? Signing the man guilty of rape, of the guy who racially abused an opponent?

an86 seems to be a wee bit upset. His team won today but he hasn't posted any post match comments on their match thread. Rather, he seems to want to contribute to ours. Obsessed. 

Annie posted on Queue Pee thread right after this.
She really is seething [emoji36]

Marvellous stuff today. Brilliant to think that this has been without Cogill, Lang and Boyle (he’s hardly played so far). If only Hopkirk could come back into the mix and give us another option up top too.

Archived