Stirling vs Clyde

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say, I'm very surprised to see the ALMIGHTY Stirling Albion fall here. It must be crushing for such a great team to have been completely embarassed two weeks running.

Perhaps officials of Berwick and Clyde can arrange a tripartite meeting where we can teach the Binos a thing or two on how to be a big club. After years of claiming it, it's about time they started to live it - it'd surely be for the greater good of the Scottish game if we could help them to really fulfil their potential as a middling League One side.

Mcniff won pretty much everything and looks to be forming a solid partnership with Rumsby. Kevin Nicoll was fantastic today did a bit everything, lucky not to score in the first 45.

Peterhead away next week will be a much sterner test. Defensively strong and capable of scoring 2 or 3.

Stirling Albion didn't really offer much with McDonald and Stewart up top. Been a poor start for them, sooner D L Smith gets back the better..

Nice day out tho

1 minute ago, ScottR96 said:

Eddie Ferns though :lol:

He's only any use when he's past the full-back; not unlike Phil 'Recovery Pace' Johnston. Ferns can put in a much better cross though.

Be handy for a weeknight against a tired team; shoulder of the last man or something. Heehaw else.

Just home, well that was absolutely fucking rotten. Not even winning the Half Time draw can cheer me up, pish!

A couple of days ago I posted that I have never felt so ‘meh’ about a season in my life, well it looked like the majority of the First Team squad are exactly the same.

The Defending for the first goal was soft again, and from where I was sitting it looked like Binnie was slow to get down to it. You would of thought that would of kicked us into action, but it didn’t.

We just stroked the ball about, little neat passes, no urgency and the only way we were creating anything was a cross in the box and a couple of long range effort.

A well worked Clyde move made it 2-0 just before Half Time and we were never in the game there after and were probably fortunate that it only finished 3-0.

People who have read my posts know that i’m not really one for pointing fingers and naming names, but as I said in a post earlier, that squad reeks of the side we had under Stuart McLaren. When under the back foot, we were at 6’s and 7’s.

Who knows what the shape or formation was suppose to be today? I have no idea. I suspect it was a 4-3-3 when we were on the ball and a 4-5-1 when they were but again, who knows, we were all over the place.

Peaso looked absolutely done, never chased anything down and our only tactic seemed to be to get crosses into him, when did he become a striker that could out jump Defenders in the air? Stewart was annonomous and McLaughlin totally ineffective, I even wondered if he was playing Right Back or Right Wing Back at one point.

The Midfield just didn’t work, Docherty was tunnel visioned when on the ball, Jardine did well in the First Half hut slipped out the game (as did Allan in the left role) and Robertson was poor also. His run straight into the Midfielder for their 3rd goal was embarrassing and just summed up the day.

McGeachie tried hard but looked like he was blowing out of his backside, all too often he raced forward and had no support as those around him just plodded about, and his crosses were well defended.

it was that, plodding and lack of urgency that got to me the most though, the players just didn’t seem to care, and were totally clueless as to how to break down a wel organised Clyde side.

Where was Dave Mackay today? Was he in the stand? There was certainly no change in tactics, Fazer Wright was shouting the lads on but was getting little reaction.

The subs were made, to very little effect, but nothing changed......in fact, the laughable factor came back in when our trialist Midfielder burst through and was beat by a slide tackling HEADER!! My world, that’s a First for me.

Postives.........Allan had a really positive first half as did Jardine, McGeachie played well and did what he could.....can’t think of anything else, we were rotten.
Something has to change, this squad isn’t good enough for a title push or a play off push, that’s clear even this early in the season. The subs can’t change it, because there is no quality on the bench......honestly, this squad looks as bad as the one Mackay inherited from McLaren.

i’ve probably pissed some people off with this post so i’m going to leave it here before I say anymore. I’ll make this prediction now though, I don’t think we’ll get a point in August.

Well played Clyde, your win was never in doubt and you look like you are set for a good season, delighted for Allan Moore.

Rant over!

This must be the easiest 3 points Clyde have got today at Forthbank playing the Albion. We were simply poor lacklustre in attack, cant defend well and cant score a goal by the looks of it. 

I think any talk of us  getting promoted even getting to the playoffs again this season clearly are premature at this rate we will do well to avoid the 10th spot but fortunately for us we have Albion Rovers in this League who SURELY are worse than us, I hope :)

Next week we face Edinburgh City away and I am not looking forward to this game. :(  

On 08/08/2018 at 20:47, BinoBalls said:

Been a while since Clyde have come to Forthbank as favourites but that’s exactly what the bookies have them as for this weekend. We are blunted by several key absentees and I have little confidence. 

It’ll be tight and I’d accept a draw right now but I think DGW will have a ball again in his home town like this fixture last Autumn when he was exceptional.

Prediction 1-2 to the Bully Wee with the away following outnumbering the home support, and further violent clashes between rival sets of fans in the Morrisons car park raging on until deep into the night. 

Little virgin

the laughable factor came back in when our trialist Midfielder burst through and was beat by a slide tackling HEADER!! My world, that’s a First for me.

That was outstanding, I hope it makes the highlights [emoji23]

Archived