Stirling vs Clyde

After a disappointing result against Berwick, Stirling will be desperate to kick start their season. How is the injury list looking at Forthbank?

For us it’s a case of replicating the first 45 against Cowdenbeath and for longer. Should we do this I believe we will win. It’s the start of two big matches for us even this early in the season playing two teams fancied like us to be at the top. Nothing will be won or lost at this stage of the season but 4 points form the next 2 matches would be a good return at this stage. Preferably all 6.

I’ll go with 2-1 Clyde.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:

After a disappointing result against Berwick, Stirling will be desperate to kick start their season. How is the injury list looking at Forthbank?

For us it’s a case of replicating the first 45 against Cowdenbeath and for longer. Should we do this I believe we will win. It’s the start of two big matches for us even this early in the season playing two teams fancied like us to be at the top. Nothing will be won or lost at this stage of the season but 4 points form the next 2 matches would be a good return at this stage. Preferably all 6.

I’ll go with 2-1 Clyde.

Injury wise Darren Barr will be out till the end of August at least, Darren Smith our top goalscorer last season looks like he could be out as well for this game, no idea how long he could be out for but we have  Moon and Banner back from suspension. just hope we give a better performance than in the 2nd half at Berwick last week, otherwise the points could be heading up the road to Broadwood.

I would be happy with a share of the points on Saturday and hope our strikers get the ball in the net at least once during this game. First home game of the season for us and match of the day in League 2, should have a decent crowd on Saturday with the East Stand open and hopefully :) overflowing with Clyde fans boosting the Clubs coffers. 

Prediction Albion 1 Clyde 1  :thumsup2

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

Injury wise Darren Barr will be out till the end of August at least, Darren Smith our top goalscorer last season looks like he could be out as well for this game, no idea how long he could be out for but we have  Moon and Banner back from suspension. just hope we give a better performance than in the 2nd half at Berwick last week, otherwise the points could be heading up the road to Broadwood.

I would be happy with a share of the points on Saturday and hope our strikers get the ball in the net at least once during this game. First home game of the season for us and match of the day in League 2, should have a decent crowd on Saturday with the East Stand open and hopefully :) overflowing with Clyde fans boosting the Clubs coffers. 

Prediction Albion 1 Clyde 1  :thumsup2

I can't get there for 3pm, so happy to add another 2 to the crowd and coffers if you could see your way clear to delaying kick-off until 5pm?

Guys i'm still on my holidays. We haven't had the BOA games and still frying old tatties. But if we must. Towards the end of last season three teams impressed me  Cowdenbeath, Clyde and Edin City. All three performed well in the betfred cup.

remembering I'm still on my hols and in a good mood. Here's a Bert Belter for my friends at Broadwood.

Reading the Stirling Observer today and it’s clear to see that Barr and Smith will be out for another few weeks. I’m also not sure how far off the pace they will be with regards to fitness after missing pre-season.

In the same newspaper, Dave Mackay has said that he is hopeful that a Midfielder will have joined the club before the game, so assuming that deal is done, that brings the mystery man, along with Moon and Banner back into contention for the match.

I’m not really sure what to expect on Saturday, I’m backing Clyde to win the league so wouldn’t be surprised if they take 3 points but we’ve got good players ourselves, so a home win also isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

Been a while since Clyde have come to Forthbank as favourites but that’s exactly what the bookies have them as for this weekend. We are blunted by several key absentees and I have little confidence. 

It’ll be tight and I’d accept a draw right now but I think DGW will have a ball again in his home town like this fixture last Autumn when he was exceptional.

Prediction 1-2 to the Bully Wee with the away following outnumbering the home support, and further violent clashes between rival sets of fans in the Morrisons car park raging on until deep into the night. 

We play like we did 2nd half against Berwick we’ll get hammered. Hopefully this “new” midfielder will add a bit of fight into the midfield and hopefully if we do go a goal down the heads don’t drop.

3-1 Clyde, Peaso with our goal.

Been a while since Clyde have come to Forthbank as favourites but that’s exactly what the bookies have them as for this weekend. We are blunted by several key absentees and I have little confidence. 
It’ll be tight and I’d accept a draw right now but I think DGW will have a ball again in his home town like this fixture last Autumn when he was exceptional.
Prediction 1-2 to the Bully Wee with the away following outnumbering the home support, and further violent clashes between rival sets of fans in the Morrisons car park raging on until deep into the night. 
Forthbank is my favourite away ground in this league , cracking ground always a good atmosphere We probably go through to the game as favourites, but the games at Stirling are usually close Smith was excellent against us last season We are better team than we were at the end of last season . So think we will win this one
Go 2 1 or 3 1

Hopefully we’ll have more creativity going forward with moon coming back into the team, allowing Danny to play further forward. Can’t see us keeping Clyde out though

Would take any draw but think Clyde will win 2-1

Gutted Barr and Smith are still out but I think we have enough quality in the side to beat Clyde.

I’ll confidently predict a 2–1 home win.

Looking forward to this one, few drinks in the town with my boy pre match. Come on the Binos.

Our games against Stirling always seem to produce quite a few goals and a decent crowd so I’m going for a 3-1 Clyde win. If Stirling and Barr and Smith fit it would be a whole different story but with 2 key players out I reckon we’ve got a great chance to get the 3 points. As always looking forward to an exciting contest between the sides.

I would imagine this is probably the best fixture in the League for atmosphere, always an enjoyable trip and usually plenty of drama.

Hard to call, but would be a massive win if we could pull it off, especially with Peterhead  next!

I would imagine this is probably the best fixture in the League for atmosphere, always an enjoyable trip and usually plenty of drama.
Hard to call, but would be a massive win if we could pull it off, especially with Peterhead  next!
I don't think this would be a massive win if we are to challenge for the league this is type of game we need to win Stirling without two of there better players particularly Smith who was excellent last game at forthbank We have the best squad in years energy all over the park and in DGW the best striker in the league (sure peterhead fans would say mcalistair) and with the 200 club exceeding the 200 mark
There should be at least 1 or 2 more signings

Clyde win

Will there be any possible issue with strip clashes? I know it can be picky with teams that have two toned/panelled tops when the other team has one of those colours.

Given our only available strips are the home and third strip(which is all red). Pretty sure we have always worn our away tops when facing Stirling at Forthbank.

Will there be any possible issue with strip clashes? I know it can be picky with teams that have two toned/panelled tops when the other team has one of those colours.

I doubt it, the only part of our strip that is white are the sleeves, the shorts are red and the socks are red & white hoops so can’t see there being a clash. Even in the most extreme condition that we are, and Referee Lloyd Wilson decides to be a chopper and pursue it, I doubt it will be too much hassle pulling our blue kit out of the cupboard.

Given our only available strips are the home and third strip(which is all red). Pretty sure we have always worn our away tops when facing Stirling at Forthbank.
Haven't seen anything on the website that we don't have the other away strip where has this come from ?

Haven't seen anything on the website that we don't have the other away strip where has this come from ?

Club are still sorting out the away sponsor for the back of the jersey. That’s been the reason anyone, myself include, that has ordered the away top still hasn’t received it.

Archived