46 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Then into Brechin and stop outside Jimmy Mann s house who will open his bedroom window and bless the the team in the style of The Pope .

As for TOH s comments about plastic pitches we ve trained on them for years so can t complain really . It is what is .

Maybe one sour point from yesterday Calum Tapping s rolling about after being caught in face was pathetic and embarrassing. Big Mcgeever soon told him though . 

The players looked a lot happier yesterday playing on a surface that they could predict the bounce of the ball of that there was no doubt.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The players looked a lot happier yesterday playing on a surface that they could predict the bounce of the ball of that there was no doubt.  

Ye football on grass I'm all for . But we can t train on plastic all week then moan if results don t go our way on a plastic pitch at weekend. .I doubt if anyone trains on grass these days

11 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye football on grass I'm all for . But we can t train on plastic all week then moan if results don t go our way on a plastic pitch at weekend. .I doubt if anyone trains on grass these days

I think as fans we have a right to complain about the plastic pitches as there is a noticeable drop in standard of football played on them compared to grass ( by both sides ).    It is not however an excuse for defeat as both teams have to endure the false conditions. 

What a difference yesterday we actually went for it instead of sitting back! Our wing backs actually got forward! We had more than a couple attacking players in the team!

McGeever and Jackson are going to make a big difference. Had my reservations with them being out for so long but they were very good.

East Fife are utter dugshit though, so won't get carried away. Rest as many players as possible midweek against Peterheed and keep them fresh for Saturday.

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

What a difference yesterday we actually went for it instead of sitting back! Our wing backs actually got forward! We had more than a couple attacking players in the team!

McGeever and Jackson are going to make a big difference. Had my reservations with them being out for so long but they were very good.

East Fife are utter dugshit though, so won't get carried away. Rest as many players as possible midweek against Peterheed and keep them fresh for Saturday.

Agree 100 % give Paddy , Shields,  Dailly and Henry some game time .Even Jacko a half I would nt risk the big man though .

Tuesday will be the last time I allow Dods a defeat ha ha 

Am I the only one who is not a great fan of  a manager resting players for certain games  ? 
 I believe a team should go out and try to win every possible game with the strongest team at your disposal. 

Irn Bru Cup is a waste of time and guys like McGeever and Jackson won’t manage 3 games in a week at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong I want to win the game but wouldn’t take any unnecessary risks especially with those two.

5 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Irn Bru Cup is a waste of time and guys like McGeever and Jackson won’t manage 3 games in a week at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong I want to win the game but wouldn’t take any unnecessary risks especially with those two.

I get what you are saying and that is probably the sensible option but I think we are in need a bit of  a winning momentum now after that good performance yesterday.   You could see the lift it gave the players. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I get what you are saying and that is probably the sensible option but I think we are in need a bit of  a winning momentum now after that good performance yesterday.   You could see the lift it gave the players. 

Let's keep the wins down a bit though. Championship football is a bit overrated. 

I think as fans we have a right to complain about the plastic pitches as there is a noticeable drop in standard of football played on them compared to grass ( by both sides ).    It is not however an excuse for defeat as both teams have to endure the false conditions. 
This is no sour grapes, Brechin deserved their win, can't complain about that. But I have to say, that was possibly the least amount of football I e witnessed so far this season. Certainly from EF and didn't see a great lot from Brechin tbh. I was a plastic hater myself, until we installed the surface at Bayview. Grown to appreciate it. Players very very rarely get caught out by bounce , and the ball holds up when passed. We try to play football, sometimes, too much!!

14 hours ago, smuggfifer said:
On 12/08/2018 at 15:21, theoriginalhedge said:

This is no sour grapes, Brechin deserved their win, can't complain about that. But I have to say, that was possibly the least amount of football I e witnessed so far this season. Certainly from EF and didn't see a great lot from Brechin tbh. I was a plastic hater myself, until we installed the surface at Bayview. Grown to appreciate it. Players very very rarely get caught out by bounce , and the ball holds up when passed. We try to play football, sometimes, too much!!

I stated earlier that is how bad our standards dropped we actually thought we played good footy honestly. We have nt attacked like that since the play off s I'd say . Hey I know we ll come undone against the Arbroaths n Raith s but that was an improve 10 fold ....

I stated earlier that is how bad our standards dropped we actually thought we played good footy honestly. We have nt attacked like that since the play off s I'd say . Hey I know we ll come undone against the Arbroaths n Raith s but that was an improve 10 fold ....
If your guys show the commitment, and you keep McGeever free from Injury, you'll be fine. That man alone could have beat East Fife on Saturday.

On 12/08/2018 at 15:21, theoriginalhedge said:

I think as fans we have a right to complain about the plastic pitches as there is a noticeable drop in standard of football played on them compared to grass ( by both sides ).

Not the case in our respect. 

Stark's was atrocious at points last season. Any thoughts of playing sharp passing on the deck was quickly eradicated by the often ridiculous bounce of the ball off the bumpy surface. 

Cut to Saturday past. You could see that the players had confidence in the lie of the new synthetic pitch and some nice passing moves came about as a consequence. 

Archived