• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy f**k !!!! We ve just played attacking footy and won a game . Everyone played well Big Mcgeever and Jacko played well and wee Boris deserved a goal . Should ve been 3 or 4 we rode our luck once or twice but no one can grudge us 3pts today .Well played lads ... 

7 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Holy f**k !!!! We ve just played attacking footy and won a game . Everyone played well Big Mcgeever and Jacko played well and wee Boris deserved a goal . Should ve been 3 or 4 we rode our luck once or twice but no one can grudge us 3pts today .Well played lads ... 

Yes vast improvement with everyone playing in their correct positions. The stand side linesman and referee have to be the worst officials we have seen a the Glebe for years. Where did 9 minutes injury time come from? Why did the  ref book City players for the slightest infringements and allow what must be the worst cloggers in the division to kick us off and on the ball without bookings. I thought Dene Sields looked uninterested for his short time in the park.

well done City.

What a response that was after Saturday,

credit where credit is due, the team run there socks off, great to see Jackson and mcgeever back, two massive players for us also having tapping in there helps he’s a fantastic player if we can keep that starting 11 fit for the season we will be fine and hopefully  pushing for play offs, without being disrespectful it could of been 4-5 today and east fife couldn’t have complained 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well done Brechin. Long time coming that.

East Fife fans will be saying f**k YER NAY THAT GID But after the absolute dross we ve endure so far this season that was sexy soccer ha ha ha ha . 

In all seriousness I thought today he dropped the passenger's and played near enough his strongest 11 and let them attack . Jacko s 60% fit , Big Mac out for 9 mths or whatever strolled it , wee Boris won every 2nd ball in the box  and deserved a goal . Sinclair and Tapping worked they re backsides off . 

I noticed Stevie Campbell was more involved today at the dugout !!! maybe more of an input from him !!! 

Let's give fringe players a runique on Tuesday and keep others fresh for Saturday 

Well done Brechin, thoroughly deserved your win today. Not sure if I'd say 3 or 4 would have looked right, but we couldn't even get the simple things right, so couldn't complain if it had been. There's the makings of a good team there, but I don't think the chef knows how to cook using the ingredients he has.

11 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

What a response that was after Saturday,

credit where credit is due, the team run there socks off, great to see Jackson and mcgeever back, two massive players for us also having tapping in there helps he’s a fantastic player if we can keep that starting 11 fit for the season we will be fine and hopefully  pushing for play offs, without being disrespectful it could of been 4-5 today and east fife couldn’t have complained 

Youve taken that toooooo far:lol:

Superb performance all round .  What a difference to last week.  I think most  has been said in comments above  but I have to single out McGeever as one of the stand out performances.  For his first game back he was tremendous and strolled it at the back .   

Old Red summed up best by stating about players being in the correct positions............... last week's debacle  possibly not helped by the injuries and suspensions .   They all looked up for it yesterday , all eager to prove a point.     Maybe harsh words were needed to get a performance out of them .............and Dods !      I am just delighted they have responded  positively and shown us all that there are decent players there who have the makings of a decent team.  

We need to keep this going though moving on to the first derby next week...............the only downside is going back to the plastic pitch , but with so many in this league this season we are going to have to adapt to them .  

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Superb performance all round .  What a difference to last week.  I think most  has been said in comments above  but I have to single out McGeever as one of the stand out performances.  For his first game back he was tremendous and strolled it at the back .   

Old Red summed up best by stating about players being in the correct positions............... last week's debacle  possibly not helped by the injuries and suspensions .   They all looked up for it yesterday , all eager to prove a point.     Maybe harsh words were needed to get a performance out of them .............and Dods !      I am just delighted they have responded  positively and shown us all that there are decent players there who have the makings of a decent team.  

We need to keep this going though moving on to the first derby next week...............the only downside is going back to the plastic pitch , but with so many in this league this season we are going to have to adapt to them .  

Mods can you check I think this account has been hacked:lol:

44 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tomorrow.

They're driving a double decker towards the low railway bridge beside Marykirk this afternoon.

Then into Brechin and stop outside Jimmy Mann s house who will open his bedroom window and bless the the team in the style of The Pope .

As for TOH s comments about plastic pitches we ve trained on them for years so can t complain really . It is what is .

Maybe one sour point from yesterday Calum Tapping s rolling about after being caught in face was pathetic and embarrassing. Big Mcgeever soon told him though . 

Archived