Dentist

Ylf

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

One would do it, Shirley?

Well, I've already had one, so if it was to regenerate once...

My appendix rupturing is the worst pain I've experienced, even through a fugue of vodka and morphine. I'd still take a couple of those back-to-back over having my wisdom teeth pulled again; recovering from that was really unpleasant.

16 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

School dentist from over 40 years ago has scarred me for life, the man was a fucking maniac. Just glad my mam is still alive to  take me 

School dentist similarly scarred me. Primary 7 and was having two extractions and despite the pain and despite me telling the cow that the anesthetic hadn't worked decided to just carry on as I was the last patient of the day. The pain was beyond belief as this clown literally had to kneel on my chest and pull out the second tooth with what looked like a apir of pliers.

I went years off and on without dentists, including discovering that toothache is less painful than that extraction. I had a couple of dentists for a couple of appointments over many years but never kept up going as it was too painful. This went on for about 25 years. Then about 4 years ago I needed a dentist and after explaining my absolute terror of dentists and that I needed a lot of work done he has been brilliant.

After about 6 months of extensive work, I had a smile that would have embarassed a junkie,  I am now visiting every six months for a check up and have had one filling in the last 18 months.......only problem is my dentist is in Irvine, where I was at the time, and I'm back in Aberdeen. But I am not risking changing as 99.9% of dentists are weirdo pain-inflicting pyscho arseholes, but the one I have is OK.

A few years ago my dentist referred me to Dundee Dental Hospital to correct previous bad crown work by other dentists.

I had 6 root canals including crown replacements over 25 appointments and 36 hours in the chair, it took about 6 appointments for the dentist to be assured that I was OK as I was so relaxed, nearly falling asleep as he worked.

Imagine needing a jab for a scale and polish.

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

A few years ago my dentist referred me to Dundee Dental Hospital to correct previous bad crown work by other dentists.

I had 6 root canals including crown replacements over 25 appointments and 36 hours in the chair, it took about 6 appointments for the dentist to be assured that I was OK as I was so relaxed, nearly falling asleep as he worked.

Imagine needing a jab for a scale and polish.

Were any of your appointments at 2.30?

School dentist similarly scarred me. Primary 7 and was having two extractions and despite the pain and despite me telling the cow that the anesthetic hadn't worked decided to just carry on as I was the last patient of the day. The pain was beyond belief as this clown literally had to kneel on my chest and pull out the second tooth with what looked like a apir of pliers.
I went years off and on without dentists, including discovering that toothache is less painful than that extraction. I had a couple of dentists for a couple of appointments over many years but never kept up going as it was too painful. This went on for about 25 years. Then about 4 years ago I needed a dentist and after explaining my absolute terror of dentists and that I needed a lot of work done he has been brilliant.
After about 6 months of extensive work, I had a smile that would have embarassed a junkie,  I am now visiting every six months for a check up and have had one filling in the last 18 months.......only problem is my dentist is in Irvine, where I was at the time, and I'm back in Aberdeen. But I am not risking changing as 99.9% of dentists are weirdo pain-inflicting pyscho arseholes, but the one I have is OK.

My dentist (in Aberdeen) is pretty spot on. Can pm you details if you wish? It’s fairly close to the pretty city centre.

Had to get a wisdom tooth out that was growing in sideways. Hunners of jags in the gum then they whup out the scalpel to cut the gum open and then broke the tooth into bits, absolutely brutal. Then the socket got infected, one of the worst pains ive ever felt.   Thankfully the other 3 grew in straight.

i  have visited a dentist once in the last 35 years, hence my motto " if you want to keep your own teeth, the don't let a dentist near them".

Money grabbin b*****ds! they do work which is totally unnecessary, just to keep you on their register, to fund their lavish lifestyles. Rant over thank you

Hate it.

Had bad experiences as a kid. It didnt help that I didnt really look after my teeth properly. I'm paying for that now.

Had multiple broken roots removed 2 weeks ago as well as some fillings. Was a new dentist I'd registered with and I have to say he done a great job. A little stitching on one of the extraction areas but those were removed a week ago. Not a hint of infection and the gums are healing really well.

Will definitely keep going to my new dentist this time to try to keep what I've got left and to avoid any more problems. Graham (or Graeme?) at Lomond Dental Care. Work he did on my 2 weeks ago was really good.

Edited by BallochSonsFan