Dentist

Ylf

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My mum booted her dentist in the face when I was a wee boy. She claims he brushed against her foot (she always had tickly feet) but she was a bit of a scrubber so there was probably something sordid going on. 

You must have a loyalty card for the dentist with the amount of times you get your teeth punched in by 8 year old boxers. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You must have a loyalty card for the dentist with the amount of times you get your teeth punched in by 8 year old boxers. 

I’ve only lost half a molar and half a canine you cheeky boy. And as Danny Glover once said “I’m getting too old for this shit” so not sparring much anyway. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I once had a filling done without the anaesthetic because the dentist could be arsed administering it.

I haven't had anaesthetic for the best part of 25 years when getting fillings done, it isn't really a big deal.

When I was a teenager I had to get metal fillings in all my back teeth, probably the most traumatic and painful experience of my life.

I've not had any problems with my teeth since then, but I went for a checkup a few weeks ago and my new dentist told me she thought there was a hole in one of them so it'd need to come out. Pretty much had a panic attack just at the thought of having to go through that again, she put it down to being a shadow on the x-ray after going through my records.

Dentists are sociopaths.

Went to the dentist to get a filling and after the jag returned to the seat. Jaw didn’t feel numb so I said so. She drilled. I jumped. Repeat twice more. Turns out she had in my notes I need the anaesthetic right into the nerve at the tooth not in the jaw in general for some reason. Three jags round the tooth job done. All wears off and one side of my face is in agony for two days. The nurse is a major wid though. No pics available.

The dentist I go to in Dunfermline is brilliant and her new practise is an amazing place, never feel worried going there which is a bonus.

On the other hand, I got my wisdom teeth taken out about a year ago which was probably the most painful thing I have experienced, I enjoyed getting fully anesthetised thought (are you meant to enjoy it?)

I stayed in Dunfermline for a few years and used to go to a Chinese practice in the High St. The guy I saw there was like a dwarf - must have been all of 3ft6" tall. 

He was a good dentist though, he could work away inside your mouth with his tiny fingers and you hardly knew he was there.

Got an Indian dentist now here in Burnley who's also very good - just a pity he's always stinking of garlic.

Maybe if I have a curry before going to see him it might help.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I stayed in Dunfermline for a few years and used to go to a Chinese practice in the High St. The guy I saw there was like a dwarf - must have been all of 3ft6" tall. 

He was a good dentist though, he could work away inside your mouth with his tiny fingers and you hardly knew he was there.

Got an Indian dentist now here in Burnley who's also very good - just a pity he's always stinking of garlic.

Maybe if I have a curry before going to see him it might help.

Did the Chinese guy come from Falkirk?

Having my wisdom teeth out was horrific, mainly because general anaesthetic fucks me up worse than norovirus, but having a skull full of congealed blood for a week wasn't much fun either. I'd happily take a couple of appendectomies over that again.

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Having my wisdom teeth out was horrific, mainly because general anaesthetic fucks me up worse than norovirus, but having a skull full of congealed blood for a week wasn't much fun either. I'd happily take a couple of appendectomies over that again.

One would do it, Shirley?