Dentist

Ylf

Went to Mr Forsyth in Dunfermline every 6 months for about 15 years when I was growing up. No bad c**t but always tried to blether to you when your mouth was full of his fingers. Had braces in my teenage years and the orthodontist was horrible, not personally, just the whole thing - put me off the dentist for years.
Started going again recently after cracking a tooth, missed my most recent 6 monthly but the 3 before everything was all good. Keep brushing twice and a day and try to floss a bit more.

Ah the school dentist as mentioned by Heed above. Mine was a fine buxom lass so it was never too much trouble to lie there and watch.

This has also brought to mind a friend who was given some work experience in a dental practice somewhere is darkest Glasgowlands. Her first job was to go into the waiting room  and call on the next patient. Oh how she laughed when she was sent out to a full room to call for Jiswante Singh. 

Guest bernardblack

£11 for a scale and polish...absolute joke.

I got a root canal a few years back and my dentist and his assistant discussed their dinner plans at length....all whilst I’m sat there thinking that I’m not going to get to eat for hours and hours until the feeling in my face returned!

I had some dental work in Sarf Lahndan when I was a teenager, and there was only one dentist left in the area who did NHS work. He seemed like he wasn't much older than me, and subjected me to a full hour of the second-worst pain I've experienced in forty years of life. Clothes absolutely soaked through with sweat by the time he was finished. Scarring.

Aside from that, a great bunch of lads. Never had a problem with them. Bit annoyed that my current dentist has a three-month waiting list, however, considering I currently have a cracked tooth and two fillings that have fallen out...one of which was dislodged during my last check-up  <_<

45 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

£11 for a scale and polish...absolute joke.

How much would you charge for rooting around in someone's mouth, knowing the kinds of things people put in there?

My old dentist of about 25 years, Dr Ness retired a year or two ago. It’s now a pleasant Eastern European chap. Last check up was 2 weeks ago, where he examined my teeth for no more than 5 minutes. Charged me £45 and told me to come back in a year.

I have exceptionally good teeth.

Guest bernardblack
How much would you charge for rooting around in someone's mouth, knowing the kinds of things people put in there?

£11 for 5mins work?

5 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

£11 for 5mins work?

@Melanius Mullarkey wouldn't get out of bed for that kind of work/pay ratio.

I wonder how much beauty therapists charge for removing the hair from around people's turd cutters. Footballers wages required.

got a new dentist, seen him last week.... he's a Keto Bro.... says i have inflamation from too many carbs and sugar free energy drinks.

I was borderline vegan for a while so maybe he has a point.

Had a few horrific and traumatic experiences as a youngster, including passing out stone cold in my teens when a tooth shattered during an extraction. Avoided the dentist altogether during my 20s as a result.

Finally found a dentist in my 30s who restored my trust. A combination of dental technology progressing and his calm and reassuring nature.

Last year he performed root canal work on me but, knowing how nervous I am and to avoid anxiety, he only told me he had opted to do so AFTER he had finished the work. I really appreciated his tact. No idea what I'll do when he retires!