Alloa vs Morton

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilday had a stromeer at rightback against Stenny (?) many years ago, but I have very little desire to see him return there. As for the game, shit sabdwich as others are suggesting, hopefully we’re able to scrape a win from somewhere though.

3 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

I'd be playing Bell ahead of MacLean rather than instead of McHugh. Assuming Thomson isn't fit, I'd go with;

Gaston

Kilday Buchanan Waddell McKeown

Millar McAlister

Tidser

Bell                                                      Telfer

Oliver

^^^ not an Alloa fan.

Would hardly think in not an alloa fan, I'm there home and away, just trying to offer some hospitality to our visiting fans 

Fans clearly buzzing for this one by the looks of it!

Sounds like only Denny is out for us, Jim and Maclean seem to be ok so should be similar to last week

Would start Waddell and Bell over Kilday and McHugh.

Scully.

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan McKeown

McAlister Millar Tidser.

Telfer      Bell     MacLean    

Bench- Gaston, Kilday, Iredale, K. Thomson, Oliver, McHugh,  R.Thomson.

22 minutes ago, madton said:

Fans clearly buzzing for this one by the looks of it!

Sounds like only Denny is out for us, Jim and Maclean seem to be ok so should be similar to last week

Would start Waddell and Bell over Kilday and McHugh.

Scully.

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan McKeown

McAlister Millar Tidser.

Telfer      Bell     MacLean    

Bench- Gaston, Kilday, Iredale, K. Thomson, Oliver, McHugh,  R.Thomson.

Bizarre given the positivity of pre-season. 

First away game as well. 

Here is how I would decide to play , on the narrow pitch, not my prediction for the line up as I think that'll be 4-3-3 again

4-2-2-2

Goalie - Gaston

Defense  - Tumilty, Waddell, Buchanan, Iredale

Defensive / Centre Midfield -  Millar, McAlister 

Attacking / Centre Midfield - Tidser, Telfer

Strikers - Oliver and Bell

My score prediction

Tough to tell, it will be a tricky game with all the cliches about Alloa in effect here. That said though, the first goal timing and whom scores will be a big factor. However I think if Morton get an early goal then Morton will come away 3-1 winners.

A fine day’s work for The Famous. Goals from that midfield won’t be in short supply this season; once we have a fit Johnstone up front instead of McHugh then we can start dishing out some swordings. Starting with Falkirk preferably.

Mind when the St Johnstone fans told us not to expect any goals from Chris Millar... 

He might have played a deeper role for tactical purposes in the top flight but the idea that he couldn’t chip in with goals is ridiculous to anyone who remembers his first spell with us. Even under Tommy Wright’s agricultural style of play you just don’t lose the required technique and by all accounts his second was a peach today.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

He might have played a deeper role for tactical purposes in the top flight but the idea that he couldn’t chip in with goals is ridiculous to anyone who remembers his first spell with us. Even under Tommy Wright’s agricultural style of play you just don’t lose the required technique and by all accounts his second was a peach today.

He barely touched the ball within twenty yards of opposition goals for us, once he was moved off the right wing. The one goal he did score was one of the most memorable in the past decade, though.

Glad he's doing well for Morton, just an absolutely class person.

Could’ve been a better performance but will take a 2-0 win in any game. Defence is still a concern but again i thought we were decent going forward, 1st half especially. Great to see Millar on the scoresheet not once but twice, 2nd was a beauty. 

Alloa’s pricing is a bit pish however. No concession rate and anyone over 16 getting charged £17 in. That’s scandalous pricing for people who are still in school and students. 

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

I was actually saying during last weeks game that it was clear that Millar was so used to getting the ball and moving it on again quickly. He was getting loads of space on the right of our midfield last week but seemed reluctant to exploit it. I hope we see him get a bit more comfortable pushing on with the ball because, as you said, his goalscoring form in his second last season with us was outstanding.

God knows with McHugh up top right now, we need those goals from midfield. 

We played pretty well there after a slow start. Deserved a point at least over the piece, but gave a shit goal away then failed to take our own chances. Miller's second was a great strike. The wee park continues to look like a poor decision but if we can find 2 or 3 decent loans to add some more class and depth then we should be capable of picking up points here and there. 

Thought Morton looked rather limited based on today. At the same time, can argue it was a 2-0 away win when they are still bedding in new players and settling under a new manager. Job done in that respect.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Could’ve been a better performance but will take a 2-0 win in any game. Defence is still a concern but again i thought we were decent going forward, 1st half especially. Great to see Millar on the scoresheet not once but twice, 2nd was a beauty. 

Alloa’s pricing is a bit pish however. No concession rate and anyone over 16 getting charged £17 in. That’s scandalous pricing for people who are still in school and students. 

I see this all the time but I had a job at 16, and went to school and uni latterly while I lived with my family and had no outgoings. I don't have any sympathy.

Archived