Alloa vs Morton

17 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I see this all the time but I had a job at 16, and went to school and uni latterly while I lived with my family and had no outgoings. I don't have any sympathy.

Charming.

However, not everyone is so comfortable financially.

The attitude of "if you don't have the money then don't come" is pretty poor, especially when clubs need all the support they can get.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the game was decent, a good midfield battle in particular. Hetherington showed great desire for the battle, and Flannigan also with some good touches and play. We matched up to a pretty strong Morton midfield for large spells of the game. Quite pleased with how we played, created chances but obviously didn't work their keeper enough.

A decent penalty claim for the barge on Spence in the box, but regardless Trouten should have buried the chance in the moments which followed.

First goal is one of those things. Should have headed out for a corner, and then realised his error and tried to attone for it by over committing. Need to learn from it.

Goals aside (and the second was a pearler) I thought Millar was superb overall.

2 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

I've seen three of those play for us but I always see Trouten being labeled as an ex player but I have no recollection of him ever at Morton?

I started watching us (as a young boy) the season after we won the 3rd so maybe I just don't remember.

Trouten was a youth player at Morton, but I don't think he ever made the breakthrough into the first team prior to leaving for Queen's Park around 2004.

2 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

I've seen three of those play for us but I always see Trouten being labeled as an ex player but I have no recollection of him ever at Morton?

I started watching us (as a young boy) the season after we won the 3rd so maybe I just don't remember.

image.png.b589a3cad6e3e345339743392107e87c.png

Thought the game was decent, a good midfield battle in particular. Hetherington showed great desire for the battle, and Flannigan also with some good touches and play. We matched up to a pretty strong Morton midfield for large spells of the game. Quite pleased with how we played, created chances but obviously didn't work their keeper enough.
A decent penalty claim for the barge on Spence in the box, but regardless Trouten should have buried the chance in the moments which followed.
First goal is one of those things. Should have headed out for a corner, and then realised his error and tried to attone for it by over committing. Need to learn from it.
Goals aside (and the second was a pearler) I thought Millar was superb overall.
Pretty much this. I'd also lay some of the blame for Morton's opener on Zack - he should have been sharper to the ball and not conceded a foul. It's something he's been guilty of a few times. Overall though our defence has been fine; it's not the area we desperately need to strengthen.

Millar's second was as sweet a strike as you'll see; he was indeed quality and forms a classy midfield with the likes of McAllister and Tidser.

Wee Kev was immense when he came on. He would start ahead of Trouten centrally for me every week. I'd also rather see Robbo in for Adam Brown (who did OK again) in a 4-3-3 or the same formation with Flanny pushed forwards.

Hastie has huge potential with his pace and strength. I'd like to see him go direct more often.

The admission prices debate. WTF?

He might have played a deeper role for tactical purposes in the top flight but the idea that he couldn’t chip in with goals is ridiculous to anyone who remembers his first spell with us. Even under Tommy Wright’s agricultural style of play you just don’t lose the required technique and by all accounts his second was a peach today.

To be fair my gran could score goals in the Championship given the lack of quality players or teams.

48 minutes ago, printer said:
10 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

To be fair my gran could score goals in the Championship given the lack of quality players or teams.

Can you pass her number to Jim Goodwin?

Jim already has it, the mad shagger.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:56, LeodhasXD said:

I see this all the time but I had a job at 16, and went to school and uni latterly while I lived with my family and had no outgoings. I don't have any sympathy.

Your gold star is in the post.

w****r.

9 minutes ago, GiGi said:

We're going to get cuffed sooner or later with defending like that.

Aye, for all the positives thus far, the defending is still poor and needs sorted. For a 15-20 minute spell in the second half on Saturday Alloa were the better team and could have scored at least one. As much as we could have raised the intensity if required, I'd rather not leave ourselves in that position.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

My gran could afford £17 in to watch Alloa so there's no excuses.

Get Ray to sign her up - according to that prat earlier she could score a few for us in this league

To be honest thought both incidents where clear penalties.   
Don't remember the Millar one, but McKweon's challenge for the header with Greig is certainly not a clear penalty or a stonewaller, as Goody claimed. Could the ref have given it? Yes, I think he could, on the basis the left back has jumped at Spence rather than try to head the ball, but while there was an element of that in the challenge, I think it was just about the right side of fair.

Archived