Alloa vs Morton

3 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Can’t believe a comment like that from a guy who is a club official and has never paid into a game. Pricing across Scotland is a problem and turning people away from the game.

Actually the more I think about this makes me pretty angry.

Back when I started I used to pay in too so invalidates your point completely. The year we won the Third division I picked and chose my games. Some time, a year maybe two, after that the Wasp Centre opened and I worked on Saturdays. I used to come in and get my lunch from the pie hut and I would watch a bit of the games and go back to work and that was so I could get fed mainly during an 8 hour day.

Now I work and I volunteer a lot of things that  pay my way. I don't get a free ride. But your money is worth more than my time so clearly my opinion doesn't count.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Instead of laying it all on the loyal Alloa fans who are well aware and can do nothing to sway those in charge (it seems)...  contact the club, moaning on here where the people who run Alloa athletic never venture achieves nothing 

CONTACT THE CLUB VIA THE WEBSITE CONTACTS !! 

Please do.. that goes for all visiting fans, We are all getting fed up having to answer questions we have no control over .

You don't actually have to respond to anything; it's a Internet forum, not a court of law. 

The club and that weirdo loser Mike Mulraney have form for this though - as seen on a previous visit by their decision to provide no refunds for a game that they couldn't actually complete due to a bit of snow, nor offer any sort of reduced entry for the rearranged game for those who attended the original fixture. Alloa's main goal is to spend a single year guzzling at the same trough as The Famous so it's no surprise that they're going to milk every last pound out of the gate receipts as well. 

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Instead of laying it all on the loyal Alloa fans who are well aware and can do nothing to sway those in charge (it seems)...  contact the club, moaning on here where the people who run Alloa athletic never venture achieves nothing 

CONTACT THE CLUB VIA THE WEBSITE CONTACTS !! 

Please do.. that goes for all visiting fans, We are all getting fed up having to answer questions we have no control over .

I've rarely had a response from the office email address.

TBF, I wouldn't reply to me either, but the point still stands that I've contacted the club via email maybe a couple of dozen times over the years, and have received a reply about a quarter of the time, if that. I've given up after being dingied four times at the end of last season.

34 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not Nihilists for one

Here's the highlights you filthy animals.

Just got 3 points to make after watching these highlights

1.Poor defending from Dick for the first goal just head it out and deal with it.

2.No idea how Spencey doesn't get a penalty McKeown had no intention of playing the ball and just went into the back of him.

3.Cracking strike for the 2nd goal but the amount of space we left on the edge of the box wasn't good enough.

12 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I see this all the time but I had a job at 16, and went to school and uni latterly while I lived with my family and had no outgoings. I don't have any sympathy.

Does that make you some kind of fucking hero? Not everyone is as fortunate to be in the same position as you were. Sheer ignorance and arrogance.

11 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Can’t believe a comment like that from a guy who is a club official and has never paid into a game. Pricing across Scotland is a problem and turning people away from the game.

He's a club official?

on the plus side ... if i am allowed some optomism

Stevie hetherington was excellent 

andy graham ..say no more 

Zack   good display

flanny  shows he can make the step up like stevie.

Jake hastie , if we can get more loan signings like him we will do so much better.

Did I make that four ex Morton players in the Alloa team today? Taggart, Graham, Flannigan and Trouten?
I've seen three of those play for us but I always see Trouten being labeled as an ex player but I have no recollection of him ever at Morton?

I started watching us (as a young boy) the season after we won the 3rd so maybe I just don't remember.

17 hours ago, virginton said:

He might have played a deeper role for tactical purposes in the top flight but the idea that he couldn’t chip in with goals is ridiculous to anyone who remembers his first spell with us. Even under Tommy Wright’s agricultural style of play you just don’t lose the required technique and by all accounts his second was a peach today.

He wasn't a goalscorer in the Premiership though.

It's the same as if a centre half at a part-time Scottish league club went along with his workmates for a game of fives, and was pinging goals in from everywhere. 

Midge is still a Premiership player, playing at a lower league level.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

He wasn't a goalscorer in the Premiership though.

It's the same as if a centre half at a part-time Scottish league club went along with his workmates for a game of fives, and was pinging goals in from everywhere. 

It's really not; you were just playing him in a different role in a shitfesting football side. He's always had the ability to chip in with goals from midfield and so it's no surprise to any of us that he's doing so again.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's really not; you were just playing him in a different role in a shitfesting football side. He's always had the ability to chip in with goals from midfield and so it's no surprise to any of us that he's doing so again.

Yes, a different role; he played as a defensive midfielder under Tommy Wright, more a wide player prior to 2014.

He was a brilliant player for us, but his shooting was poor. There was a  lot more time and space in yesterday's game from what I saw in the highlights there.

Regardless, great to seeing him do well.

Archived