Alloa vs Morton

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From an Alloa point of view both goals were preventable. First was very soft and second could have been cut out at source. Alloa worked hard but created very little chances. Felt spence was going down far to easy which probably assisted in ref not given a penalty for the foul on him. Hastie and Flanny both superb.

Always had feeling Morton could step up a level but looked very laboured and very vulnerable at back when centre backs were getting turned.

Ref was inconstant and missed several decisions for both sides.

I see this all the time but I had a job at 16, and went to school and uni latterly while I lived with my family and had no outgoings. I don't have any sympathy.

Can’t believe a comment like that from a guy who is a club official and has never paid into a game. Pricing across Scotland is a problem and turning people away from the game.

42 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I see this all the time but I had a job at 16, and went to school and uni latterly while I lived with my family and had no outgoings. I don't have any sympathy.

You might have done so, but not everyone is in the same boat as you. £17 is a shocking price to charge anyone still in school let alone college, especially to watch Alloa. 

Frustrating today but Morton deserved the win  but maybe 2 - 0 flattered them a bit 2 games in no need to worry, yes we need players but they will come, the players will adjust to the pace and better quality in the championship given time . liam dick was not so good today but seemed ok in previous matches

4 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Frustrating today but Morton deserved the win  but maybe 2 - 0 flattered them a bit 2 games in no need to worry, yes we need players but they will come, the players will adjust to the pace and better quality in the championship given time . liam dick was not so good today but seemed ok in previous matches

Appropriate username for today :) 

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

You might have done so, but not everyone is in the same boat as you. £17 is a shocking price to charge anyone still in school let alone college, especially to watch Alloa. 

Pretty sure most people are in the same boat. They just don't fancy paddling.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Sorry, that's crass, insensitive...call it what you will. Charging over 16s (whilst still at school/student etc) full adult price to see a game is just WRONG......it does nothing to put the club at the heart of the community...to use their own words. They should be encouraging the younger generation to come & follow the Wasps instead all they're doing is driving them away.

Oh, I "speak" as a wasps supporter of well over 50 years.

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

That’s a stinking attitude. Some people just won’t be in the position to afford that kind of entry fee every week. 

That’s a very narrow minded view of things. You don’t know the financial situation that fans are in.

Whatever way you look at it £17 is too much to charge for someone who’s still in school or just starting college/uni. Even more ludicrous when it’s a part time team like Alloa that’s charging those prices.

33 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Perhaps that’s the reason we’re having this debate. If people don’t fancy paddling, you should be asking yourselves why they don’t, instead of sneering at school kids for not earning a solid wage. Fanny.

23 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That’s a stinking attitude. Some people just won’t be in the position to afford that kind of entry fee every week. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s a very narrow minded view of things. You don’t know the financial situation that fans are in.

Whatever way you look at it £17 is too much to charge for someone who’s still in school or just starting college/uni. Even more ludicrous when it’s a part time team like Alloa that’s charging those prices.

See it's easy to argue against you now because noone has a human right to watch football.

People need to budget according to their income.

Football clubs need to budget according to their income.

6 minutes ago, Toby said:

Perhaps that’s the reason we’re having this debate. If people don’t fancy paddling, you should be asking yourselves why they don’t, instead of sneering at school kids for not earning a solid wage. Fanny.

Actually a more sensible comment despite your mindless insult. But then we go onto the economics of less people paying more is more profitable than slightly more people paying less.

And I should say general opinion scottish football costs too much but I don't agree that because you're an adult and you go to school you should pay less.

The student thing does seem to get mentioned a lot. Maybe it's because I don't remember getting money off stuff when I was a student, but it seems a funny group for folk to demand reductions for.

Anyway, if everyone starting an Alloa thread could include "we're charging £17 a head and think it's shite too", that ought to head off any complaints. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The student thing does seem to get mentioned a lot. Maybe it's because I don't remember getting money off stuff when I was a student, but it seems a funny group for folk to demand reductions for.

Anyway, if everyone starting an Alloa thread could include "we're charging £17 a head and think it's shite too", that ought to head off any complaints. Thanks.

My football club would run on pay what you can to be the most inclusive football club in Scotland. Despite universal praise my club goes into administration and the face painter never gets paid.

3 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Can’t believe a comment like that from a guy who is a club official and has never paid into a game. Pricing across Scotland is a problem and turning people away from the game.

I missed this comment. See my comment later when I say yes to overpriced Scottish Football. No to student pricing.

Instead of laying it all on the loyal Alloa fans who are well aware and can do nothing to sway those in charge (it seems)...  contact the club, moaning on here where the people who run Alloa athletic never venture achieves nothing 

CONTACT THE CLUB VIA THE WEBSITE CONTACTS !! 

Please do.. that goes for all visiting fans, We are all getting fed up having to answer questions we have no control over .

Archived