Alloa vs Morton

After Saturday's disappointing collapse this will be a good opportunity to get our first win on the board. If Waddell is fit then I'd be happy for him to replace either of the two centre backs. Other than that I wouldn't change much. If Robert Thompson is fit then I'd give him a start because McHugh has been shite.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reckon this will be an absolute slog of a game; McKinnon could really do with getting a league win by hook or by crook as I can see us still being a work in progress even after our enforced break for the League Cup games. Alloa should fancy their chances but I'll go for a scrappy 2-1 win for The Famous. 

19 minutes ago, Wilky1878 said:

Only took until the 3rd post before Alloa clichè bingo was won with the abysmal pitch reference and tight pitch reference.

Pointing out facts. The pitch is A. shocking and B. tighter than two coats of paint. 

No excuses ofc, but these are the facts. 

Pointing out facts. The pitch is A. shocking and B. tighter than two coats of paint. 
No excuses ofc, but these are the facts. 

Have we played your mob since the pitch was replaced?

The pitch is in fact a billiard table and stays that way all season unlike grass parks.The previous artificial pitch was indeed awful.Its been narrowed which now makes it tight,i personally believe that hurts us more than it helps.These are facts.

2 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

After Saturday's disappointing collapse this will be a good opportunity to get our first win on the board. If Waddell is fit then I'd be happy for him to replace either of the two centre backs. Other than that I wouldn't change much. If Robert Thompson is fit then I'd give him a start because McHugh has been shite.

Bell should start in front of McHugh, not Thompson!

On a change of note from if the pitch is shit or not, Morton fans are welcome to the station bar in primrose street, the home of the alloa supporters club , for a pre match swally and some sandwiches and pies, If you guys are interested please let us know about numbers so I can let the boss man know 

4 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Bell should start in front of McHugh, not Thompson!

I'd be playing Bell ahead of MacLean rather than instead of McHugh. Assuming Thomson isn't fit, I'd go with;

Gaston

Kilday Buchanan Waddell McKeown

Millar McAlister

Tidser

Bell                                                      Telfer

Oliver

2 hours ago, Station wasp said:

On a change of note from if the pitch is shit or not, Morton fans are welcome to the station bar in primrose street, the home of the alloa supporters club , for a pre match swally and some sandwiches and pies, If you guys are interested please let us know about numbers so I can let the boss man know 

^^^ not an Alloa fan.

In terms of the 'debate' around the pitch, get over it. Good teams win on good and bad pitches, shit teams lose on good and bad pitches. We train on the stuff every day and should be very well equipped to deal with it. It's a shite, cliché ridden excuse for teams failing to perform. As much as I prefer grass pitches, this constant criticism of astro pitches is a load of pish, especially when no empirical evidence has been offered to substantiate any claims surrounding increases in injury rates or anything of the like. 'We shood all play oan grazz like eh good auld days' patter is circle wanking, tear-stained nostalgia at its best.

Some clubs benefit financially from having plastic pitches, providing a stable income and more predictable outgoings. Other clubs don't feel the need. Deal with it.

11 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

I'd be playing Bell ahead of MacLean rather than instead of McHugh. Assuming Thomson isn't fit, I'd go with;

Gaston

Tidser

Millar McAlister

Oliver

^^^ not an Alloa fan.

Kilday at right back ahead of an established right back....

Jesus wept. 

15 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Gaston

Tidser

Millar McAlister

Oliver

^^^ not an Alloa fan.

Kilday at right back and Tidser sitting behind Millar????

Tumilty might not have covered himself in any glory at the first goal but the overall positioning of the entire defence was suspect. He had 3 bodies around him and we had 4 of our players nearer the front post.  He hasn't done anything to merit being dropped and he wont be IMO. Kilday is a backup right back at best!

As for Tids sitting, that must be a mistake surely? More advanced the better. Millar and Jim will sit as they have done so far.

1 hour ago, TurbineTon said:

Kilday at right back ahead of an established right back....

Jesus wept. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

Kilday at right back and Tidser sitting behind Millar????

Tumilty might not have covered himself in any glory at the first goal but the overall positioning of the entire defence was suspect. He had 3 bodies around him and we had 4 of our players nearer the front post.  He hasn't done anything to merit being dropped and he wont be IMO. Kilday is a backup right back at best!

As for Tids sitting, that must be a mistake surely? More advanced the better. Millar and Jim will sit as they have done so far.

I want to see how well Kilday can do out there since it's been about two and a half years since we've seen him play there in a competitive match. It'll give us a good indication of whether he can be used successfully or not as our second choice right back. If we are going to try something like that then I'd rather it was on a narrow pitch like Alloa's. It's not a case of dropped Tumilty because of Saturday.

Tidser was meant to be sitting infront on the two of them, not sure what happened but I've edited it now. Tidser's goals from midfield could prove vital this year, providing it's not just a flash in the pan.

Archived