LinkedIn thread

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Yesterday I was on my way to interview for a very important job that would have changed my life forever when the car in front of me hit a wee dog and drove on. Despite the fact that it made me miss the interview, I stopped to help that poor wee dog and took it to the vet where, using the last of my savings, they were able to save it.

Last night I got a call from the company rearranging the interview for today. so I went and there sat behind the desk waiting to interview me was, yes, you guessed it, the wee dog I'd rescued yesterday! Life repays kindness in so many ways!

:lol: ... I'm so tempted to post that on Linkedin. 

10 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Yesterday I was on my way to interview for a very important job that would have changed my life forever when the car in front of me hit a wee dog and drove on. Despite the fact that it made me miss the interview, I stopped to help that poor wee dog and took it to the vet where, using the last of my savings, they were able to save it.

Fortunately, my rival for the position was delayed by an Insulate Britain protest and missed his interview too. The company rescheduled my appointment. They didn't reschedule his saying that was impossible and he was SoL. Yay Insulate Britain protestors for screwing up his chances.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Look at me, I can afford an F Type!

They're not gonnae shag you, mate, and they certainly won't be giving you a new one for free. 

Screenshot_20211126-093119_LinkedIn.jpg

Very pleased they have left the mental scaring as a potential #compoface should their understanding of compliance & crypto leave them potless and in a ditch.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Look at me, I can afford an F Type!

They're not gonnae shag you, mate, and they certainly won't be giving you a new one for free. 

Screenshot_20211126-093119_LinkedIn.jpg

No mention of how the old lady in the mobility scooter they crashed into is doing I notice.

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

@Shandon Par drives a Jaguar, does he not? And if anyone’s going to crash one it would him. 

Rest in pieces Shandon’s Car. 

Dear Compo-faced-cuntos

We are sorry to hear the car didn’t survive but you did. 

We don’t want folk like you driving our cars anyway.

KR

Jaguar

ps - Josh Taylor drives one. 

I have never been on LinkedIn in my puff, and the only snippets of it I see are in this thread, which both humour me and boil my piss in equal measure. There are obviously genuine people, like some of your good selves on there, but I would hate to have to interact with the vast majority of them to get a job or as part of my vocation..

It appears to consist 99% of insufferable fantasists. The type who would indeed drive an F Type, but put their Aldi shopping in the boot in M&S or Sainsburys bags to hide the fact from their neighbours that their whole lifestyle and persona is an utter sham and fabrication, and they are completely penniless purely to maintain the front and illusion of success. Just like the utter, cringey shite and lies they all seem spout online.

Does anyone here admit to being a LinkedIn fantasist?

Do any of you have a neighbour who drives an F Type but is likely to be a budget supermarket buying/M&S carrier bag using LinkedIn fantasist?

4 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I have never been on LinkedIn in my puff, and the only snippets of it I see are in this thread, which both humour me and boil my piss in equal measure. There are obviously genuine people, like some of your good selves on there, but I would hate to have to interact with the vast majority of them to get a job or as part of my vocation..

It appears to consist 99% of insufferable fantasists. The type who would indeed drive an F Type, but put their Aldi shopping in the boot in M&S or Sainsburys bags to hide the fact from their neighbours that their whole lifestyle and persona is an utter sham and fabrication, and they are completely penniless purely to maintain the front and illusion of success. Just like the utter, cringey shite and lies they all seem spout online.

Does anyone here admit to being a LinkedIn fantasist?

Do any of you have a neighbour who drives an F Type but is likely to be a budget supermarket buying/M&S carrier bag using LinkedIn fantasist?

The ones that piss me off are when they post a picture of themselves driving a Range Rover or a jag with the Rolex prominently displayed and some guff story about being broke a few years ago but, through hard work they're no running their own business or whatever. 

Just f**k off

I use it primarily to see what my competitors are up to. When I see one posting a pic inside a factory saying "Here I am at Bloggs Widgets", I'm right round there the next day to try and poach that customer off them. 

1637843933472?e=1640822400&v=beta&t=MQmA1GD5x4FwCrtEUYWIIyll8A8W0V7OHhmqBg00Tb8

This is on my feed today. Is anybody else thinking what I'm thinking? That the new boss doesn't know her yet?
Thats the difference.

Of course, she couldnt have known either of these occurences would come to pass until she decided to leave her old job and start that new one, so I really doubt its actually "the difference".

• 3 months later...