Arbroath vs Stranraer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing at home 2-0 is a poor result when you’re one of the favourites.
[/

Clyde have been on of the L2 favourites the last 10 seasons haha. Just need to see. Could be a big 3 points next week already if we were to get them though.

Good to put the Stranraer hoodoo to rest, although it was a bit worrying when they strolled through the centre of the defence to make it 1-1, but in the end we got what we deserved and they got what they deserved.

I'm not a huge fan of Wallace, think he's OK but not as great as some would have us believe, but a good all round team performance to keep us top of the league.

Though the ref could have yellow carded the Stranraer goalie even in the first half for persistent time wasting, but enjoyed the ironic cheers he got after they went behind when he suddenly realised he could take goal kicks from the side of the goal that the ball crossed the byline. 

Another Ryan Wallace masterclass. Pleasing.
Only disappointing moment of today was Ryan Wallace's celebration; very disappointed in the lack of ear cupping or finger to mouth gestures towards his own fans after the 'support' he's had since his arrival [emoji20] 

Grow up simon

27 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Good performance and a nice 3 points. 

Gavin Swankie was the standout performer on the pitch today, just a joy to watch when he’s like that. He was another one who was “slaughtered” at times last season. 

Onto Dumbarton who had a surprisingly poor result today. 

Been our best player in 2018 in my opinion, his game really has changed quite abit in the past year. One of only a few players who is a must start every single week regardless of formation/ opposition etc.

15 minutes ago, keptie said:
33 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:
I'm afraid that won't be happening - we're looking at November at the absolute earliest before I even consider not posting my weekly reminder that Ryan Wallace is one of our most valuable players and deserves nothing but love from the Lichtie masses.
It's only the second game of season and already you appear slightly wound up by this; I can only apologise for the coming months, and potentially years, to come of Ryan Wallace proving people wrong on a weekly basis and as leader of his fan club it's only right I continue to point this out. emoji4.png

As one of the supporters who wasn't given Wallace any stick and confident he would come good, your posts about some of the supporters who were giving him stick is becoming a bit tedious tbh. We played great today but all you seem interested in is having a go at some of our support whom by now will know he is an excellent player maybe you think your being hilarious..... you ain't.

Posts made by me after games we've won 'having a go at some of our support' - 1

Posts made by others after games we've won abusing Ryan Wallace - Dozens

Can something be tedious if it's only occurred once? I don't think it can to be honest. I'm fairly certain something would have to happen like, at least a dozen or so times before it became really tedious...... :rolleyes: Get back to me in a few months, at which point I will accept it will have become tedious. :)

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Simon incapable of praising the team, players and management so tries to cause a scene where he thinks he’s the only one that thought Ryan Wallace was a decent player. 

Surely the team and the players are one and the same? :unsure:

Regardless they're all fucking shite, apart from Ryan Wallace who is of course fucking brilliant. I'm currently in the process of sorting out full time accommodation for Ryan in the Arbroath area. Within time he will spread his seed throughout the town and in 19-20 years time our team full of Wallace jnr's will run riot throughout Scottish football, with Ryan himself as manager. Until then I'll just have to patiently wait while useless haddies like Swankie, Linn and O'Brien disgrace the shirt.

23 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

simon please get over your wallace w**k fest its getting boring. at times you cant see the woods for the trees

Talking of 'tedious' I have to say your continued use of 'Wallace w**k fest' is becoming a bit tedious in my opinion; that's twice in as many weeks. I appreciate Ryan is an attractive man but If you could keep your sexual fantasies off this forum it would be appreciated, some of us are trying to discuss the football FFS.

Good performance and a nice 3 points. 
Gavin Swankie was the standout performer on the pitch today, just a joy to watch when he’s like that. He was another one who was “slaughtered” at times last season. 
Onto Dumbarton who had a surprisingly poor result today. 

Where is sergeant slaughter when you need him? @1320lichtie

Very early in the season, but I fancy Arbroath to take the title this year. They battered us today and it took a major effort for us still to be at 1-1 with about 20 minutes remaining. Then we conceded a blunder goal and the roof caved a bit.

As has been said, the home side could have been 4 or 5 up by half time and we couldn’t have complained. Great effort by Max Currie who kept us alive.

Fancied Arbroath at the start of the season and, having seen both them and Raith Rovers I see no reason to change my pre-season hunch!

Onwards to Forfar for us...great solo goal by Donnelly and Anderson really ought to have put us 2-1 up early in the second half, but no complaints.

Very early in the season, but I fancy Arbroath to take the title this year.e

Fair summary of the game .. thought it was going to be one of these frustrating games when we batter the opposition but take nothing.

Stranraer’s tactic of keeping 3 men forward at one of our many corners seemed a bit disconcerting. Deserved win.

As for how the season will pan out, far far too early to speculate

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Thomson made a massive impact when introduced. Iv a feeling we will go back to 4-4-2 at Dumbarton next week with Gold dropped, Thomson at RB and the CM’s being Whately and Swankie.

Dick got the subs absolutely bang on in my opinion; completely agree there was a very noticeable change when Thomson came on. It could easily be argued that we should have had him starting, but after winning 4-0 last week it's perfectly understandable to keep the same team. I think the team you've mentioned there is our strongest at this point in time, and fully expect us to start with that next Saturday.

For Wednesday, I'd simply play everyone who hasn't had a huge amount of game time yet. Finn Graham, Kane, Pongo and Danny Denholm to all start and hopefully we can give some of our better players who have started most games in the last 6 weeks a wee rest. It's not like we'd be playing a really weak team; all the guys mentioned there have either started the season well or guys who would expect to start games in League 1/2, such is the strength of our squad/ bench at this point.

Dick got the subs absolutely bang on in my opinion; completely agree there was a very noticeable change when Thomson came on. It could easily be argued that we should have had him starting, but after winning 4-0 last week it's perfectly understandable to keep the same team. I think the team you've mentioned there is our strongest at this point in time, and fully expect us to start with that next Saturday.
For Wednesday, I'd simply play everyone who hasn't had a huge amount of game time yet. Finn Graham, Kane, Pongo and Danny Denholm to all start and hopefully we can give some of our better players who have started most games in the last 6 weeks a wee rest. It's not like we'd be playing a really weak team; all the guys mentioned there have either started the season well or guys who would expect to start games in League 1/2, such is the strength of our squad/ bench at this point.

Wednesday should be
Hill
Thomson
Little
TOB
Hammy
Omar
Finn
Pongo
Denholm
Hester
McKenna

38 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I think Hill deserves the chance in this pointless competition. Maybe even play Gold at RB instead of Thomson

Thomson did not play at Montrose, so play him instead of Ricky, not sure Hill deserves a start, pointless competition or not

Archived