Arbroath vs Stranraer

Stranraer visit the league leading Lichties as we start our home campaign. Expecting a far tougher match than the Mo gave us. Jason Thomson back this week but feel it would be unfair for us to change the XI after a 4-0 victory.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get defence of Thomson/Little/ToB and Hammy with DJ behind them as settled as possible.

Linn
Whatley
Swankie
Denholm

McKenna
Wallace ahead of it

Think Kader might play again though. Jamie Hammill is now centre half for Stranraer so fancy a good win again to be honest. 3-0.

Although they seem to be our bogey team at Gayfield.

Agree Thomson  should start and go to a back 4, last time we played 3 at back against Stranraer at home they had a lot of joy down wings, Would be very harsh on the team that has won so well the week before, would also be very harsh on Finn Graham not to get a start, thought he made a huge difference when he come on. 

Agree Thomson  should start and go to a back 4, last time we played 3 at back against Stranraer at home they had a lot of joy down wings, Would be very harsh on the team that has won so well the week before, would also be very harsh on Finn Graham not to get a start, thought he made a huge difference when he come on. 

Yea I’m sure he won the penalty and set up Bobby for his 2nd. Not a bad performance off the bench

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yea I’m sure he won the penalty and set up Bobby for his 2nd. Not a bad performance off the bench

It was actually a wonderful, deft flick by Ryan Wallace for Bobby's second goal ;) 

I would make the one change of Thomson in and Gold out. As Kev says we struggled against Stranraer last time out with a back 3 as they stretched us and we can easily switch into a 4-4-2 with what we have now.

Time to bite the bullet? Graham in place of Whatley.

Whatley should play for me. Maybe doesn’t look it as he’s not scoring goals or setting them up but his work and leadership in the middle of the park is really important. I’d always play him unless he was coming off a bad game or form or had a knock.

Hard getting a game for us just now. Same goes for McCord, love him but it’s either him or Swankie and unless somethings up with Swankie, bad form, game, knock then McCord will struggle to get in too.

DC last season always seemed to manage the situations well and give guys games to keep everyone happy.

Think he’s doing that with Omar now, nearly everybody would have DD in ahead of him but DD obviously no upto it fitness wise yet and Omar is getting game time and doing well too cause he kins he has DD sitting twiddling his thumbs on the sideline.

Get defence of Thomson/Little/ToB and Hammy with DJ behind them as settled as possible.

Linn
Whatley
Swankie
Denholm

McKenna
Wallace ahead of it

Think Kader might play again though. Jamie Hammill is now centre half for Stranraer so fancy a good win again to be honest. 3-0.

Although they seem to be our bogey team at Gayfield.

As someone who has been travelling to Gayfield with Stranraer since the 1980s your last sentence made me [emoji23]

To be fair or rather more specific, our home record in recent seasons has been below par and often worse so there are quite a few teams that have regularly got the better of us at home - it seems Stranraer are one of those but you could probably include East Fife, Queens Park and before last season Forfar among those.     Our away record in the past year or two has been outstanding but it would be nice to improve the home results and satisfy the support.   Over the decades however, I perceive that better organised teams/tactics and fitness mean there's been a general decline in home wins over time.    I wonder if anybody can point to stats that confirm (or reject) this.

Archived