Assistants in Premiership

thelangonline

The problem faced with weekly allocations is that the eosfl is classed as higher importance due to it being in the pyramid. Last year there were only 13 teams in the eosfl, this year 39.....that means that the officials that would have taken games in the East and west superlegues are probably being redirected to the eosfl. 
It is another consequence of the eosfl having more teams within their set up and the sjfa not being classed as part of the Senior pyramid, at this stage. Hopefully within the next couple of seasons this will change, but I'd still tend to agree that all games in the top league should have the same level of officials at them, sadly though I'm not sure there is enough officials to satisfy these requirements. 
Yes, technically the EoS league might be a higher level, but I can't see loads of West based officials suddenly travelling through there to officiate matches.

Yeah again, this is where some clear and transparent guidance would be good for everyone really.

But as far as I'm aware (happy to be corrected also tbf) officials will travel where they need to to officiate, they are paid for their work and travel expenses so it would, under normal conditions, be perfectly acceptable for an official to travel from the west to officiate in the east if that's where they are allocated. This obviously won't happen in every scenario but there will be more scope for this sort of thing if the eosfl is allocated its officials for games before any west or east superlegue games are allocated theirs.

As I say though happy to be corrected. Until everyone is under the same banner within the pyramid this is what we all have to contend with. When there is an eosfl and wosfl under the LL then both of these division would be given their officials first then the leagues below, would certainly make it easier to run, on every aspect, from playing to promotions to official allocation..... All playing under the one banner...... For me anyway. 

Maybe has there been a change in  West JFA policy and clubs can use club linos instead, for the last few years the Premiership and Championship always had official SFA linesmen or women appointed. Don't think any of the West stalwarts would be happy going to EOL for less cash, maybe Kenny or John Fyfe or even Scott R can shed a light on this...

Always enjoyed having a go at the Linos in all games over the years some of them were better at off the cuff comments than others... LOL

Archived