Lanarkshire Derby ‘Well v Accies

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Which is why I would rather have the Pars in the top flight. 

Anyway a mixture of drink and anger has meant I have made a bit of an arse of things on this thread. I acknowledge that.  But I do appreciate Jupe 1407 for pointing it out. Thanks 

Get doon.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Which is why I would rather have the Pars in the top flight. 

Anyway a mixture of drink and anger has meant I have made a bit of an arse of things on this thread. I acknowledge that.  But I do appreciate Jupe 1407 for pointing it out. Thanks 

8376758-3x2-940x627.jpg

BBC Football website asking you to decide what was best goal of weekend between Boyd's,  Lafferty's  and Morelos. Really?! No comparison. While Lafferty's strike was class, Boyd's could well win Goal of the Season  and Morelos' goal was bog standard. 

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:18, welldaft said:

I honestly was surprised by such a poor away support.  It was pathetic. 

Yes, Sorry about that.

Hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment of the match.

One post - with later apology - slagging Accies support and none that I can see slagging the team is the sum total of the heid's gone after a derby loss - I think the reaction has been pretty fair-minded considering how pissed off everyone was, although most of the angry stuff is aimed at our own team after losses like this. 

Busta is right above though - we do need to set up differently in future and as supporters we also need to set our expectations that this isn't the "easiest fixture of the season" as one poster on Steelmen called it. Anyone with eyes knows that in the years since Accies come up under Reid, this has *very* rarely been an easy fixture. Accies have given us doings that far bigger teams haven't managed in that time and have consistently beaten us. I would in fact argue that in reality this is a tricky game for us and it's one that I'm rarely confident about TBH. If we score first and accies can't slow it down, I tend to relax a bit but if Accies score first or it's 0-0 for a long period of time, I'm expecting what we saw on Saturday.

On crowd stuff - I've never got into slagging away supports as the ones that actually go deserve some praise given the ridiculous pricing that our club had in place on saturday - but I was interested to see the away crowd on the video below that popped up as recommended on my youtube feed. It goes to show that cheap football (I think it was £7 to get in at that point in time) isn't the only thing as it looks a suspiciously similar size of crowd despite 30 odd years passing...

Incidentally, I was at that game and the only reason I remember it is that both sets of supporters booed their teams off at the end as the quality was about the same as Saturday :)

One post - with later apology - slagging Accies support and none that I can see slagging the team is the sum total of the heid's gone after a derby loss - I think the reaction has been pretty fair-minded considering how pissed off everyone was, although most of the angry stuff is aimed at our own team after losses like this. 
Busta is right above though - we do need to set up differently in future and as supporters we also need to set our expectations that this isn't the "easiest fixture of the season" as one poster on Steelmen called it. Anyone with eyes knows that in the years since Accies come up under Reid, this has *very* rarely been an easy fixture. Accies have given us doings that far bigger teams haven't managed in that time and have consistently beaten us. I would in fact argue that in reality this is a tricky game for us and it's one that I'm rarely confident about TBH. If we score first and accies can't slow it down, I tend to relax a bit but if Accies score first or it's 0-0 for a long period of time, I'm expecting what we saw on Saturday.
On crowd stuff - I've never got into slagging away supports as the ones that actually go deserve some praise given the ridiculous pricing that our club had in place on saturday - but I was interested to see the away crowd on the video below that popped up as recommended on my youtube feed. It goes to show that cheap football (I think it was £7 to get in at that point in time) isn't the only thing as it looks a suspiciously similar size of crowd despite 30 odd years passing...
Incidentally, I was at that game and the only reason I remember it is that both sets of supporters booed their teams off at the end as the quality was about the same as Saturday [emoji4]

April 1989 the day Accies we’re relegated after a horrendous run of results

Archived