Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

I know iv tried to stir a debate up about this already but its really not sitting right with me so unfortunately I need to vent. [emoji2959][emoji2959]

Is the fact that Recreational football is still to be played when people are even being advised to work from home where possible etc not leaving anyone else dumbfounded?

I cant work out for the life of me why we arent taking this seriously NOW. We all know its going to come so why wait any put more people at risk.

Before anyone else says it. Yes I know there isnt mass amount of spectators and its outside in the fresh air etc but so was the last couple of weeks of senior games in Italy and how did that end.

There is still 20 bodies all in one tiny changing room all getting changed and getting showered in the middle of winter where coughs and cold happen.

Its 2nd nature to pick up one of the 10 water bottles that teams usually share. Its 2nd nature to grapple with oppositions players while they are sweating etc. Its 2nd nature to cuddle ( sometimes even kiss ) the player that's just scored for you.

We are Being asked to work from home where possible and avoid human contact where possible avoid gathering in unnecessary crowds..... but go and play an almost meaning recreational game of football.

Games at grassroots level are being stopped in other countries and it is ALMOST certain to happen here. So why are we waiting. Are we waiting till some Amateur team from Dundee put on Twitter they had to cancel a game due to Corona and last weeks opposition had to do the same before realising that it's not only Man City and Arsenal players that can be infected

The cynic in me is saying that come monday after the ugly sisters in Glasgow have turned the atmosphere even more toxic than corona we might end up with a blanket ban by the SFA BUT IN MY OPINION the SAFA need to act NOW and if they havent the balls to put their clubs first then maybe the AAFA should

Good morning, Please see below statement from the Scottish FA and SPFL Joint Response Group: The Joint Response Group can confirm the decision of the Scottish FA Board to suspend ALL domestic professional and grassroots football under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until further notice. The Scottish FA and SPFL will continue to liaise with governments and UEFA in relation to domestic, European and International fixtures in the coming days and more information will be communicated at the appropriate time. The Scottish FA Board made its decision in the interests of the health and safety of players, match officials, staff, supporters and the general public. Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “Since the guidance outlined by governments last night we have been engaged in extensive dialogue to clarify the position and implications of that guidance for Scottish football. “Today’s announcement is made in the interests of public health but, equally, the health and safety of players, match officials, and staff across the game. This is of paramount importance as the country enters the ‘delay’ phase of the coronavirus pandemic. “It is also why the Scottish FA is compelled to ensure that the suspension is cascaded through the non-professional and grassroots games until further notice.” All Scottish Women's Football matches are therefore suspended indefinetly. Please note this includes friendly matches. SWF will work to keep our members updated in due course. Kind Regards, SWF

Good afternoon All.

I am e mailing you to confirm that all Scottish football is now suspended until further notice with immediate effect.

Ayrshire AFA games scheduled for tomorrow will not take place and no further fixtures will be issued until the situation changes.

I have no further information on when games might resume, but will update you all, if and when there is anything further to report.

Willie McIlvanney

Ayrshire AFA Match Secretary & Life Member

Mobile: 0777 630 4708

I fully understand banning football matches at the highest level with possibly 50/60 K in attendance. However the reasoning for this isn't solely about the spread of the virus, as they believe theres only a small chance of this, but more about freeing up paramedics, police etc which is a very sensible decision.

Banning football at grassroots, amateur and junior level perplexes me a little when we have customer service workers taking our cash from our hands every day. We have cleaners, janitors etc putting themselves in harms way every day now. Bar staff will still be serving us our pints this weekend as we will be sitting in the boozer instead of out in the fresh air playing or taking in football matches. Kids are still permitted to go to school. The list goes on of people having to do their daily duties putting themselves at far greater risk than what they would be kicking a ball this weekend and for the foreseeable. 

Make no mistake I am not making light of this unique and frightening situation we face but I dont believe banning football matches at these levels is necessary when you consider all of the above.

Just my opinion of course 

Edited by CFCbhoy

45 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

I fully understand banning football matches at the highest level with possibly 50/60 K in attendance. However the reasoning for this isn't solely about the spread of the virus, as they believe theres only a small chance of this, but more about freeing up paramedics, police etc which is a very sensible decision.

Banning football at grassroots, amateur and junior level perplexes me a little when we have customer service workers taking our cash from our hands every day. We have cleaners, janitors etc putting themselves in harms way every day now. Bar staff will still be serving us our pints this weekend as we will be sitting in the boozer instead of out in the fresh air playing or taking in football matches. Kids are still permitted to go to school. The list goes on of people having to do their daily duties putting themselves at far greater risk than what they would be kicking a ball this weekend and for the foreseeable. 

Make no mistake I am not making light of this unique and frightening situation we face but I dont believe banning football matches at these levels is necessary when you consider all of the above.

Just my opinion of course 

Difference is these people do that for a living. You cant force someone not to work and not pay them for a month 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Major summer of u certainty for all ayrshire clubs.

Keeping your own players from other Amateur teams and from the new WOSL could be an issue. There will be some that will obviously cope better than others. I can see some teams folding and alot that may keep going but could be unrecognisable next season. I know it would and could never happen but It would be great if players actually showed some loyalty for the coming season to allow clubs to get back on their feet.

The financial impact of covid is going to cause so much uncertainty with less sponsorship opportunities. That alone could put more clubs than normal to the wall without the added pressures of losing players as well.

Yes its part of football but as I say this is completely unchartered waters both financially and competitively

As of today players can sign for other sides. How hard is it keeping squads together seen as they’ve not been together in so long and will we see more teams going to the wall than usual?

• 1 year later...

f**k ayrshire football. Corrupt as f**k. Shortlees played the least amount if games in the Premier league, yet are "chosen" as the team to miss out this week.  Anyone would think there superstar was injured. 

On a different note, the 2nd divisons look the ones to watch this season. Plenty of good teams and 2/3 could win each league. 

7 hours ago, Dimwite45 said:

f**k ayrshire football. Corrupt as f**k. Shortlees played the least amount if games in the Premier league, yet are "chosen" as the team to miss out this week.  Anyone would think there superstar was injured. 

On a different note, the 2nd divisons look the ones to watch this season. Plenty of good teams and 2/3 could win each league. 

Correct, when I heard Knapp was out injured for a few weeks I was thinking ( I bet Shortless somehow manage to avoid Glenburn, New Farm and Stewarton in the League until he's back) Guaranteed when the next weekend of league fixtures after this weekend comes along they will be playing Dirrans  

• 3 weeks later...