Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

5 hours ago, Cunny said:

The silence is golden,

Detective Cunny 1 Policeman 0

I've been working, and not policing the streets like you are gibbering. I don't have a clue who you claim I am and quite frankly could not care less. I also have never spoke to you on the phone and to my knowledge i think we have spoke perhaps twice face to face. I knew about the Facebook post as a friend took a screenshot and sent it to me but when I looked on the shortlees facebook post you had removed it. 

I dont troll anyone. I just do what everyone else does on this forum and that's give my opinion. The problem with you is an opinion you dont agree with is viewed as some sort of personal attack. I will repeat I have never spoke ill or negatively about shortlees and like everyone else I cheered you on at the burnpark demolition of HT.

The point I believe you seem to be missing or glossing over is people have, and rightly so, took offence to your arrogant suggestion that because you are in the scottish quarters your game is much more important than everyone elses and should take precedent. Every single football match taking place this weekend is as important to their respective teams as your Scottish cup tie is to you and the fact you just basically mocked that with your statement will offend the vast majority, if not all, these teams 

1 hour ago, CFCbhoy said:

I've been working, and not policing the streets like you are gibbering. I don't have a clue who you claim I am and quite frankly could not care less. I also have never spoke to you on the phone and to my knowledge i think we have spoke perhaps twice face to face. I knew about the Facebook post as a friend took a screenshot and sent it to me but when I looked on the shortlees facebook post you had removed it. 

I dont troll anyone. I just do what everyone else does on this forum and that's give my opinion. The problem with you is an opinion you dont agree with is viewed as some sort of personal attack. I will repeat I have never spoke ill or negatively about shortlees and like everyone else I cheered you on at the burnpark demolition of HT.

The point I believe you seem to be missing or glossing over is people have, and rightly so, took offence to your arrogant suggestion that because you are in the scottish quarters your game is much more important than everyone elses and should take precedent. Every single football match taking place this weekend is as important to their respective teams as your Scottish cup tie is to you and the fact you just basically mocked that with your statement will offend the vast majority, if not all, these teams 

6 hours to reply Gary?

Can I just say something that might irritate a few more people. Lets just say we couldn't get a park for the next 2 weeks, despite bursting our balls to get one, which was nearly the case this week. Now because they were all booked and despite us trying our best, our Sec getting up at 6am etc, on a Monday morning.  He emails the Grange leisure with 3 choices of 4G parks for the following Saturday, but other teams get the parks to play league games for the first and second  weeks.

We then through no blame of our own, have to go away from home, despite getting advantage of a home draw, in a massive game to Sandy's, I really don't think that is fair. I can see the point if we had our own park, which we don't. We the committee turn Burnpark in to a playing surface in the spring, marking out an area, the local golf club cut it for us, we line it and put goals up. It is not officially a park, and we work our balls off every year to get it looking like one and playable. There is not one football park in Shortlees, not one.                                                                               

It shouldn't be down to a park lottery, i think the Ayrshire Committee or the local council, should step in and make sure that if any Ayrshire team, I mean any Ayrshire team, which reaches a Scottish quarter final, that they should get precedence for a park that Saturday it is played.  Or even for that matter if they cant get one available, a Junior park if possible, be found for them, as they only have two weeks to get it on, league games can be played anytime later in the season.

After all the club are representing the Ayrshire league, and the local council, if they cant get an amateur park in Ayrshire, through no fault of their own, the Ayrshire league and local council should try to help. Whether that be Shortlees or Stewarton, or any other team in Ayrshire that finds itself in our position. It is not our fault that we cant get a park in this, the wettest winter on living record, it is the local councils who have closed down local football parks, and doing no maintenance on others because of costs.

Rant over, been a long two days, goodnight everyone. 

Edited by Cunny
needs re-aligned

10 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:
12 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:

e fixture

I beg to differ mate, but our game is more important than NF’s, or any Ayrshire teams this week,  as I am sure all would rather have our game and be playing in the quarter final this Sat, and I wish more were

Gary? David? Alberto? Julian? Or whoever the else you think I am. I reiterate this is the problem folk have cunny. That statement there. Not many will disagree with your views on the shenanigans to get a park. What you did with new farm did not bother me at all as I stated. Depending on our fixture my club may well have done the same as new farm. It's that arrogant statement there that's the issue, rather than the park scenario 

49 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Gary? David? Alberto? Julian? Or whoever the else you think I am. I reiterate this is the problem folk have cunny. That statement there. Not many will disagree with your views on the shenanigans to get a park. What you did with new farm did not bother me at all as I stated. Depending on our fixture my club may well have done the same as new farm. It's that arrogant statement there that's the issue, rather than the park scenario 

Some folk have.

We have two designated linesmen from the SFA there,  there will be SFA officials there, and a top rated referee, and prob the biggest crowd at any game in Ayrshire this Saturday. That is because it is classed as an important game, more important than any game in Ayrshire this weekend. It might not be for the rest of the teams, I agree, but as far as importance goes, I am sure if you asked amateur fans, this is the biggest game of the day.  Is a Liverpool Champions league quarter final against Real Madrid, a more important game than an EPL league game between Southhampton and Brighton on a weds night, of course it is. Listen Julian or whatever, this game is the biggest game being played in Ayrshire this weekend. If you and some others for some unknown reason can't see that, then you all don't know much about football, and how it works. This isn't an arrogant, or a braggadocios comment at every other team in Ayrshire, that you and one or two others are trying to make out, and trying to make us look bad, it is just a simple fact.  We have nothing but respect for every team in the league, including yours, and always will have. Now away and pray in your bed that we get beat on Saturday. We know you for one will be glad if we do. Envy is the only emotion that eats its own heart. 

14 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Some folk have.

We have two designated linesmen from the SFA there,  there will be SFA officials there, and a top rated referee, and prob the biggest crowd at any game in Ayrshire this Saturday. That is because it is classed as an important game, more important than any game in Ayrshire this weekend. It might not be for the rest of the teams, I agree, but as far as importance goes, I am sure if you asked amateur fans, this is the biggest game of the day.  Is a Liverpool Champions league quarter final against Real Madrid, a more important game than an EPL league game between Southhampton and Brighton on a weds night, of course it is. Listen Julian or whatever, this game is the biggest game being played in Ayrshire this weekend. If you and some others for some unknown reason can't see that, then you all don't know much about football, and how it works. This isn't an arrogant, or a braggadocios comment at every other team in Ayrshire, that you and one or two others are trying to make out, and trying to make us look bad, it is just a simple fact.  We have nothing but respect for every team in the league, including yours, and always will have. Now away and pray in your bed that we get beat on Saturday. We know you for one will be glad if we do. Envy is the only emotion that eats its own heart. 

What an absolute load of cobblers and to agree with a previous post on this you are so far up your own arse. You had all the respect in the world of us all hence why we were delighted when you toppled HT. Now? Yous are in the same bracket as them, infact probably worse because they have never blown their own trumpets on this in the manner you do. Quoting shite like envy is the only emotion blah blah blah its amateur football for f**k sake. This game is important to shortlees and Sandy's not to anyone else just remember that. The everyday run of the mill amateur clubs out knocking their pan in on Saturday in the same horrendous conditions we are all likely to face are just as important and playing in just as important games to THEM as you are. The arrogance is astounding. Said enough now as not lowering myself to engage with someone who cant see beyond the end of his nose anymore. Enjoy the most important game in ayrshire on Saturday. The rest of us minions will try enjoy our meaningless fixtures 

4 hours ago, CFCbhoy said:What an absolute load of cobblers and to agree with a previous post on this you are so far up your own arse. You had all the respect in the world of us all hence why we were delighted when you toppled HT. Now? Yous are in the same bracket as them, infact probably worse because they have never blown their own trumpets on this in the manner you do. Quoting shite like envy is the only emotion blah blah blah its amateur football for f**k sake. This game is important to shortlees and Sandy's not to anyone else just remember that. The everyday run of the mill amateur clubs out knocking their pan in on Saturday in the same horrendous conditions we are all likely to face are just as important and playing in just as important games to THEM as you are. The arrogance is astounding. Said enough now as not lowering myself to engage with someone who cant see beyond the end of his nose anymore. Enjoy the most important game in ayrshire on Saturday. The rest of us minions will try enjoy our meaningless fixtures 

4 hours ago, CFCbhoy said:

What an absolute load of cobblers and to agree with a previous post on this you are so far up your own arse. You had all the respect in the world of us all hence why we were delighted when you toppled HT. Now? Yous are in the same bracket as them, infact probably worse because they have never blown their own trumpets on this in the manner you do. Quoting shite like envy is the only emotion blah blah blah its amateur football for f**k sake. This game is important to shortlees and Sandy's not to anyone else just remember that. The everyday run of the mill amateur clubs out knocking their pan in on Saturday in the same horrendous conditions we are all likely to face are just as important and playing in just as important games to THEM as you are. The arrogance is astounding. Said enough now as not lowering myself to engage with someone who cant see beyond the end of his nose anymore. Enjoy the most important game in ayrshire on Saturday. The rest of us minions will try enjoy our meaningless fixtures 

CFC boy before stating your opinions be better to analyse the FACTS

Any amateur team being honest will tell you the Scottish is the Holy grail. FACT

New farm for one recognise this and well played to them helping out , FACT

Shortlees should not be compared to HT they don’t pay players.  FACT

Cunny is far from arrogant he’s just passionate and like you likes to get his point across. FACT

Sandys have booked travel etc , fans organised to set off early etc bit embarrassing if Ayrshire team doesn’t have park FACT

The  Local councils  need to provide more football pitches for all Ayrshire teams as this demonstrates the challenges they have FACT.

Not once Cunny has demanded Pitch over anyone else he just stated the Grange is like our home pitch due to our bit of grass being unplayable most of the year  FACT

good to have opinions that’s what the Forumn is all about but sometimes good to look at bigger picture and maybe teams should work as a collective to pressure councils into planning more facilities .

Something like the facility in Kilwinning would be an ideal solution for majority if Ayrshire teams .

39 minutes ago, SpyKId said:

What is shortlees’s registered home pitch as a matter of interest?

I know for a FACT that burn park isn’t off all year round. They only use it when it suits.

Spykid you haven’t a clue, there is no pitch in Shortlees, we used to have Scott Ellis as our home pitch until the council stopped maintaining them. We have to register a park, so we tell them Burnpark as we get early and late season games on it. Shortlees have not played at Burnpark, in the dead of winter, for many years. I will give you a year to find one fixture we have played there in the winter in the last 5 years. Oh wait...........................Listening. 

1 hour ago, s212775 said:

Any amateur team being honest will tell you the Scottish is the Holy grail. FACT

Cunny is far from arrogant he’s just passionate and like you likes to get his point across. FACT

Sandys have booked travel etc , fans organised to set off early etc bit embarrassing if Ayrshire team doesn’t have park FACT

The  Local councils  need to provide more football pitches for all Ayrshire teams as this demonstrates the challenges they have FACT.

Not once Cunny has demanded Pitch over anyone else he just stated the Grange is like our home pitch due to our bit of grass being unplayable most of the year  FACT

good to have opinions that’s what the Forumn is all about but sometimes good to look at bigger picture and maybe teams should work as a collective to pressure councils into planning more facilities .

Something like the facility in Kilwinning would be an ideal solution for majority if Ayrshire teams .

Good shout. 

4 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:

Bloody hell lads I wished i hadn't started this now haha. Although I tend to agree that someone who's willing to debate till the wee early hours of the morning of how important his match is is most definitely up his own arse 

Shortlees are happy about the game being on, NF are happy to help and are happy ours and their  game is on, Sandys are happy the game is on, Sandys fans are happy the game is on.  The ref the two linesmen and the SAFA officials are happy the game is on, the Shortlees fans are happy the game is on. Spykid, Bingedrinker, and Garybhoy  and a couple of others aren’t happy, or personally don’t care if the game is on. I personally I think common sense has prevailed. Thank you NF and Colin, I don’t know if he would want his full name on here, for your cooperation and help in getting this massive fixture for us played this weekend, it means a lot. 

Edited by Cunny

See the annoying thing is. With a bit of a budget and some maintenance scott Ellis ( incorporating the ayrshire athletic arena) could be Kilmarnocks answer to Kilwinning sports club. There is space for 6 parks down there. With some investment it could be a top facility. One that makes the council money, albeit after an initial large outlay.

19 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
3 hours ago, s212775 said:

See the annoying thing is. With a bit of a budget and some maintenance scott Ellis ( incorporating the ayrshire athletic arena) could be Kilmarnocks answer to Kilwinning sports club. There is space for 6 parks down there. With some investment it could be a top facility. One that makes the council money, albeit after an initial large outlay.

Agree 100%. Our  committee, myself included were at a meeting with the council on Monday night to find a solution to Shortlees Ams ongoing predicament, of not having a home park. We have been in talks with the Council for some 10  years now, and are still no farther forward. Having said that, talks on Monday night with a council sports representative, were far more informative, and more positive going forward. 

Shortlees are happy about the game being on, NF are happy to help and are happy ours and their  game is on, Sandys are happy the game is on, Sandys fans are happy the game is on.  The ref the two linesmen and the SAFA officials are happy the game is on, the Shortlees fans are happy the game is on. Spykid, Bingedrinker, and Garybhoy  and a couple of others aren’t happy, or personally don’t care if the game is on. I personally I think common sense has prevailed. Thank you NF and Colin, I don’t know if he would want his full name on here, for your cooperation and help in getting this massive fixture for us played this weekend, it means a lot. 

Getting this massive fixture played? You had a pitch at greenwood which is a 10 minute drive for folk. It’s also probably a better 4G than the grange so the game would have been on regardless. I hope shortlees win but the shite you spout is ridiculous. Basically our home pitch, we play all our games there, the grange is ours.

54 minutes ago, SpyKId said:

Getting this massive fixture played? You had a pitch at greenwood which is a 10 minute drive for folk. It’s also probably a better 4G than the grange so the game would have been on regardless. I hope shortlees win but the shite you spout is ridiculous. Basically our home pitch, we play all our games there, the grange is ours.

It is a massive fixture, for any ammie teams. We do play all our home games there pal. It is in Killie, we want a good crowd, so it is better if it is there. But if anyone is spouting shite on here it is you. Book the park weeks earlier, on advance you said etc. You obviously don’t anything about football or us, you completely don’t know what you are talking about. 

It is a massive fixture, for any ammie teams. We do play all our home games there pal. It is in Killie, we want a good crowd, so it is better if it is there. But if anyone is spouting shite on here it is you. Book the park weeks earlier, on advance you said etc. You obviously don’t anything about football or us, you completely don’t know what you are talking about. 

Do folk not drive naw? Cannae make it to greenwood? And not once did I say book it weeks earlier and trust me, I’ve forgot more about football than you’ll ever know.

6 hours ago, s212775 said:

Shortlees should not be compared to HT they don’t pay players.  FACT??? Rumour? Again this appears but no one has came forward to the association with evidence and until they do then its RUMOUR. 

Would Shortlees have given the pitch away to HT for a Scottish cup 1/4 final IF the scenario ever happened?

7 hours ago, s212775 said:

Right FACT man. People are getting pissed off at his claim his match is more important than every other game played this weekend. That is wrong and is offensive to every other team playing. That's my, cfc and everyone else's issue. All your other FACTS everyone would agree with most