Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

Anyone else find Joe Gold resigning for Shortlees embarrassing! Would he have resigned if they were mid table or in relegation trouble? Doubt it ! Lees have done well without him so be interesting to see who’s dropped. No doubt he was a good player but just back to get a couple of winners medals at expense of someone who has got them there? 

You mean hes re-signed not resigned.
Theres a bit of a difference....

Anyone else find Joe Gold resigning for Shortlees embarrassing! Would he have resigned if they were mid table or in relegation trouble? Doubt it ! Lees have done well without him so be interesting to see who’s dropped. No doubt he was a good player but just back to get a couple of winners medals at expense of someone who has got them there? 

9 minutes ago, THEMOLE91 said:

How can signing the best amateur midfielder of the last ten years be embarrassing? If shortlees want to win premier, scottish or whatever this year then they need joe gold it's as simple as that.  Joe probably didnt want to play and hoped Shortlees could win things without him. On the evidence of the HT game its quite clear despite their huge squad, their midfield isn't good enough too win the majors so hes probably been pestered to sign. His best mates are still playing so why shouldn't he? Its a signing that imo has just won them the league and gives them a major shot in Scottish & West. Embarrassing?? Far from it 

Where was he pre-season when the manager was struggling for a squad? Or did he wait and see how well they would do and wait? Never doubted his ability once Or what he has achieved but as I say if they were NOT in Scottish west and top of league would he have signed? 

10 minutes ago, THEMOLE91 said:

Where was he pre-season when the manager was struggling for a squad? Or did he wait and see how well they would do and wait? Never doubted his ability once Or what he has achieved but as I say if they were NOT in Scottish west and top of league would he have signed? 

None of that matters. Shortlees want him regardless and know that his signing is a game changer. I'm sure a lot of clubs would have wanted him pre season and every one would take him now if they had a chance 

Well they ain't top of the league and he signed so....... yes he would. Does this argument only effect joe. What about Kieran and kerr? Is that embarrassing too? Joe has said for months he would see how he felt after xmas and that's what he did. If anyone should be embarrassed, it should be OLE. After all he gave it up to watch United and he cant be fucked doing that now, and no wonder.

Joe has been training with Lees for weeks.
Hardly an embarrassment signing a top drawer player

I am not doubting Joe Gold ability etc. If he said he was waiting till after Xmas then fair enough. My question was would he have returned to play IF Shortlees were toiling? Every club was at the start of the season To get players so the guy Smith has to get players in who have done well Judging by their results. As I say Joe Gold is a good player but who misses out that has done well? 

Delighted Joe's back. Loyalty tho? Their loyalty is to keir. Not Shortlees. As soon as he wrapped it they all ran a mile. He comes back, they all come back. Not a dig or a bad thing. Just the way it is

Yes the mole joe would have came back if shortlees were mid table 
as long as kier Jim and mason were still there lees = loyalty 
no lees no party welcome back joe the three amigos are back to win silverware