Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

Got to agree, saw Dailly a couple times aswell and they have some crackers. Still it's a tough job with everyone thinking this player or that player should be in it or why isnt this club got players. Sometimes a player/ club can only get away with letting you down so many times. I'm not saying that happened with any of the teams mentioned. Just its rare that the final squad will be the squad the Manager will want. Sometimes it's what he is left with after other players plans, injuries, "other commitments" and egos exclude them. After all there is a reason the 3 best teams in the league only have about 6 players between them

Just the 1 between whitletts and crosshouse? I went to watch that game on sat as a neutral, was impressed 2 really good sides who play the right way, was lots of good players on show.  Was a cracking game

Looks a strong squad from who I know anyway. Who’s they’re nxt fixture against, do they still play in the inter-divisional tournament?

Next match is on Sunday 24th November, at home to Caledonian AFA in the Inter League Trophy. Game is at Prestwick Academy at 2pm.

14 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Got to agree, saw Dailly a couple times aswell and they have some crackers. Still it's a tough job with everyone thinking this player or that player should be in it or why isnt this club got players. Sometimes a player/ club can only get away with letting you down so many times. I'm not saying that happened with any of the teams mentioned. Just its rare that the final squad will be the squad the Manager will want. Sometimes it's what he is left with after other players plans, injuries, "other commitments" and egos exclude them. After all there is a reason the 3 best teams in the league only have about 6 players between them

The three best teams wont want their players playing and I can see why. Having pointless fixtures, such as the kilbride one the other night, at this stage of season is just crazy. Teams struggle to get players to play for their own clubs at times never mind ayrshire. If you are one of the top sides competing for league titles and perhaps still in all the cups the last thing you need is a meaningless select game thrown in. You would be absolutely gutted and raging if one of your players picked up an injury or suspension. Play select games when season is over 

I noticed Cunny likes this comment. Strange as his team were meant to be the one playing the "crazy friendly" can players only be injured playing for the select but not against them?

Anyway just playing devils advocate. I too agree that there shouldn't be friendlies like these. Ayrshire woulda learned nothing from it anyway. Other side of the coin is tho that the safa decide the inter league games go ahead during the season. So surely they need to have some time together beforehand. Maybe even just training sessions to lower the risk.

I don't think it will be an issue after Sunday regardless. Cale to win by 3 or 4 for me

The three best teams wont want their players playing and I can see why. Having pointless fixtures, such as the kilbride one the other night, at this stage of season is just crazy. Teams struggle to get players to play for their own clubs at times never mind ayrshire. If you are one of the top sides competing for league titles and perhaps still in all the cups the last thing you need is a meaningless select game thrown in. You would be absolutely gutted and raging if one of your players picked up an injury or suspension. Play select games when season is over 

56 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I noticed Cunny likes this comment. Strange as his team were meant to be the one playing the "crazy friendly" can players only be injured playing for the select but not against them?

Anyway just playing devils advocate. I too agree that there shouldn't be friendlies like these. Ayrshire woulda learned nothing from it anyway. Other side of the coin is tho that the safa decide the inter league games go ahead during the season. So surely they need to have some time together beforehand. Maybe even just training sessions to lower the risk.

I don't think it will be an issue after Sunday regardless. Cale to win by 3 or 4 for me

It definitely works both ways yes. I dont know why kilbride, shortlees and I think new farm were supposed to be playing them at one point too, would even consider playing this game. There are so many fixtures trying to be crammed in at this point of the season with all the cups on the go at once (which I have always said is crazy) that throwing in select games makes zero sense. The James Scott and The Thistle Bar trophies shouldn't start till after the new year allowing as many league games to be played as possible plus it means clubs who might be mid table in their leagues and out the national cups, will still have competitive matches to play. Theres also an argument to play a cup out fully at start of the season. 

11 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

The reason I liked it was because I agree with his point, that these games should be played when the season is over. I actually was in favour, and wanted to play the game, to give some of our squad game time, I am sure if you ask the Shortlees manager he will confirm. The truth is, it was a bad time to play the game for us, with the West the following week, we didn't want to risk it, as we had a few of our players struggling with niggling injuries. 

Again mate I wouldn't totally disagree but I see on Twitter the other association select teams play 4 and 5 friendlies already with players selected from the biggest clubs in the country. In actual fact my point was that maybe the only reason the squad is only full of "decent" players is maybe coz the big 3 clubs try and hold back their own (better) players from playing for ayrshire, that being g said if I was one of they managers I too wouldn't want Eddie, Levy, knapp etc risking injury, especially before a west tie.

The reason I liked it was because I agree with his point, that these games should be played when the season is over. I actually was in favour, and wanted to play the game, to give some of our squad game time, I am sure if you ask the Shortlees manager he will confirm. The truth is, it was a bad time to play the game for us, with the West the following week, we didn't want to risk it, as we had a few of our players struggling with niggling injuries. 

Aye I seen it, the ref wasn’t great but I wouldn’t blame the ref for the result. Even when drongan had 9 men They worked their socks off and still created chances.

Ritchie won the ball fair n square clean tackle ul see she told Ritchie maybe it’s wasn’t a pen no I think about it and laughed lol