Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

I wouldn’t like a SIGNED player of ours going and playing for another team, but don’t know about our management team, we’ve had a few boys over the preseason go and play with different teams but that’s what preseason is about, once u sign then that should be u committed to that team

The rule used to be that you could play for anyone in a pre season friendly signed or not. It changed recently. It's very simple....if you intend to play with numerous teams then don't sign with anyone. Equally if you change your mind, ask to be released. None of it is rocket science

Anyways, back to football. So ardeer are written off according bingedrinker. Glenburn playing tonight? Hoping they are as strong and new farm look like they could have a chance now too after their signings. Just as long as HT don’t win the league I’ll be happy.

If it's a rule that signed players can't play for another club during pre season friendlies then players and clubs need to stick to the rules! Some rules should be looked at and common sense should prevail, however...

On another note, we told folk training with us that if they weren't signed and commited to our club then they weren't playing in the dean tournament. It actually helped gain respect from players as we were up front with them from the off. 

Just new to this. Went to take in the Mauchline v Glenmuir game tonight. Went as a neutral as i had heard Mauchline had made a few signings. I was impressed with what i seen and the level of football they played for being a lower division side. (No disrespect). They worked really hard as a team and played some nice football. Glenmuir struggled to cause them any bother. Good luck to both sides for the season.

Took in the mauchline v glenmuir game myself last night totally agree with all u have said thought mauchline were the dominant side all game I think glenmuir had 1 shot on target all game was impressed with the boy Johnstone , Watson and the one all the fans were calling big noise onwards and upwards for mauchline this season [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

The ayrshire league set-up is becoming embarrassing. Need to get their act together with updates on their website and on social media in my opinion. The league is way behind everyone else with this. It can take until the Tuesday or Wednesday sometimes to update their website with fixtures etc and barely a mention on their website/twitter about league winners/cup finals towards the end of last season - no promotion of the league whatsoever. At this stage we don't officially know who is in what division with teams folding etc. It'd be good to get an update to these and provide the teams with fixtures for the upcoming season.

9 minutes ago, Billy Harmison said:

The ayrshire league set-up is becoming embarrassing. Need to get their act together with updates on their website and on social media in my opinion. The league is way behind everyone else with this. It can take until the Tuesday or Wednesday sometimes to update their website with fixtures etc and barely a mention on their website/twitter about league winners/cup finals towards the end of last season - no promotion of the league whatsoever. At this stage we don't officially know who is in what division with teams folding etc. It'd be good to get an update to these and provide the teams with fixtures for the upcoming season.

Could not agree more. I know more information about the Glasgow leagues than I do my own! All the Ayrshire committee are good at are dishing out suspensions and fines. Only league who would even think about putting a suspension through before one of their teams appeared in a Scottish cup final. No other league would do that. Apart from the very start of the season you get your fixtures on a weekly basis and can't prepare for anything. The website and social media are an absolute shambles 

• 3 months later...

I saw most of the Kilbride Thistle v Ardeer West match today. I thought it was a really good, entertaining match with a lot of football being played. Strangely Ardeer seemed to play a lot better when they went down to ten men, didn't panic and kept playing football. Scored with the last kick of the ball. Not a bad crowd either.