Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

55 minutes ago, Thepieman11 said:

Well after watching newfarm last night draw 2 each with a poor killie amms team then I am positive they wont even be top 4 this season. Superstars? Dont think sa

I concur with the second part off that but it is the strongest killie ams team I have seen since they won the league a few seasons ago. I know it's only pre season and you can't overly read into it but that was a tournament and new farm at full strength. Said it a thousand times, new farm won't know what's hit them this season when league gets underway

Was a really good game between us and New Farm last night. I'd like to know what makes us a poor side? Quite baffled by that actually as we received lots of praise from knowledgeable amateur football folk after the game and I'd say 3 or 4 of our players were stand outs at times during that game. We don't ever come on here talking about what we will or won't do though. Same with New Farm. You don't hear them going on about what they will or won't do in the premier and I'm sure for any new team to that league it's about staying in the division first and foremost. Ryan has brought consistency to the team and they never know when they are beaten. They'll be a decent addition to the premier and will stay up I believe. 

New Farm deserve praise for improving each year and getting to the premier. They will enjoy the challenge.

Just also like to say a big congratulations to our other local rivals Killie Utd. Been impressed with them as a club and going in the right direction. 

We are making some good signings and may not be finished yet. People are made to feel valued at the club and hopefully we are moving the right way again. All the best to everyone for the season ahead.

I concur with the second part off that but it is the strongest killie ams team I have seen since they won the league a few seasons ago. I know it's only pre season and you can't overly read into it but that was a tournament and new farm at full strength. Said it a thousand times, new farm won't know what's hit them this season when league gets underway
I didnt make the games last night as I didnt even know they were on but my wee mate that plays ( tries ) with darvel vic was saying he was watching the killie ams game more than their own and couldnt believe how good and sharp killie ams were. A complete contrast to the week before against them. He did also say tho that there was a lack of respect shown from new farm that they didnt even strip alot of their best players who were standing watching so not sure if he is wrong or they were at full strength.

Killie United tho have been flying and look as if they could challenge for that 2nd division. I'll be taking a wee trip to see their game on Saturday against dirrans.

41 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I didnt make the games last night as I didnt even know they were on but my wee mate that plays ( tries ) with darvel vic was saying he was watching the killie ams game more than their own and couldnt believe how good and sharp killie ams were. A complete contrast to the week before against them. He did also say tho that there was a lack of respect shown from new farm that they didnt even strip alot of their best players who were standing watching so not sure if he is wrong or they were at full strength.

Killie United tho have been flying and look as if they could challenge for that 2nd division. I'll be taking a wee trip to see their game on Saturday against dirrans.

We generally do not use pie and bovril to air our views or reply to people's comments as everyone is entitled to say what they like about how good or bad they think we are. You cannot win so may aswell try our best to ignore it. What we wont ignore tho is being accused of showing a lack of respect. It's a pre season tournament that we were told last minute that we could only strip 16 players each game. So yeah players were stood watching while other players got some minutes under their belt. Isnt that what pre season is for or should we try and compete with ayrshires best teams with only 16 fit and ready players ?

We generally do not use pie and bovril to air our views or reply to people's comments as everyone is entitled to say what they like about how good or bad they think we are. You cannot win so may aswell try our best to ignore it. What we wont ignore tho is being accused of showing a lack of respect. It's a pre season tournament that we were told last minute that we could only strip 16 players each game. So yeah players were stood watching while other players got some minutes under their belt. Isnt that what pre season is for or should we try and compete with ayrshires best teams with only 16 fit and ready players ?
As I said I wasn't there and i didnt claim yous were disrespectful. I passed on someone else's opinion that was there. I did say very similar to him. The reason I posted it was to highlight that maybe cfcbhoy was wrong about new farm being at full strength. Regardless all the best for the season. I may not think yous will be close to the top teams but yous will hold your own I feel.

On another note, what's that all about only being able to strip 16? Are the other tournaments the same ? That could be very detrimental to a teams pre seasons plans.

4 hours ago, Thepieman11 said:

Well after watching newfarm last night draw 2 each with a poor killie amms team then I am positive they wont even be top 4 this season. Superstars? Dont think sa

Certainly not the best performance m8 but the killie ams team i saw last night certainly werent poor. 

2 hours ago, Thepieman11 said:

Sorry was a bit harsh actually saying poor as wasnt poor atal. Just thought with the signings newfarm etc have made n noises hearing what they will do in the premier etc just expected a much easier game. But fair play to killie . Mire than matched them

To be fair bud its only been me thats bleated on how well.they will do and im being honest its my opinion and i stand by it

1 hour ago, noname said:

wondering what local teams there are around stewarton and the local area? any help is appreciated 

Viewfield Rovers in Lochwinnoch i manage them im from stewarton and a couple boys from town play for me

48 minutes ago, B.R said:

New Farm will battle it out with Ardeer for top 4 in my opinion (guessing Hurlford and Shortlees are their usual strong selves)

Glenburn are miles ahead of new farm and probably Shortlees too at the moment 

13 hours ago, CFCbhoy said:

New farm were nowhere near full strength just so you kow and IMO killie ams look a very decent side this year.

11 hours ago, 4-3-3R said:

Plenty of teams around the Ayrshire area. Crosshouse is 10 min drive from Stewarton, beith and dalry aren’t far either and Kilmarnock is just down the road too.

Thanks I’m looking for a new team and wasn’t sure how many were close by. Do you know much about stewarton?

5 hours ago, jimmycouch said:

Hi, I’ve sent you a message about coming to training with Stewarton United. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks James.

wheres the friendly this weekend? got stuff on at night this week so cant make training