Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

Look New farm are promoted and deservedly so. It was a tough away game and I thought they would lose. They didnt! Well done the them.

The two games against crosshouse has shown me tho that they are the best in the league as on their day they can go and school a very good crosshouse team ( 3-0 flattered Waverly) and when things arnt going their way they can still dig deep and come away with undeserved wins against the same very good team a couple month back.

Anyway enough about them. They are up, there is still one position to fill. After Saturday I'm not sure crosshouse can do it. Dailly mossblown or possibly west kilbride. And who will be replacing them, getting very tight at the bottom of the prem. It Could be anyone of 3/4 to join ardrossan.

To expand like asked.....will use 3 teams as an example. Cumnock, Hurlford ams and Tarbolton. Cumnock and Hurlford ams coasted through the league's like new farm have and where are they sitting in the premier at present? Tarbolton are a well established premier league team and they are hanging on to their premier league status by their finger nails. All three off they sides are "littered" with seasoned premier league players and imo all three would comfortably beat the current new farm team in a competitive match. 

What new farm have done is brilliant but they need half a dozen better players to compete in the premier league. It's not a dig at them as no one can or should try and take away from their achievements it's just an honest assessment 

1 hour ago, BingeDrinker said:

Classy 

No slagging, no abuse I am just giving you my opinion that your statement is 'pish' by the way in Ayrshire that's slang for rubbish but im not sure what offends you.

44 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

To expand like asked.....will use 3 teams as an example. Cumnock, Hurlford ams and Tarbolton. Cumnock and Hurlford ams coasted through the league's like new farm have and where are they sitting in the premier at present? Tarbolton are a well established premier league team and they are hanging on to their premier league status by their finger nails. All three off they sides are "littered" with seasoned premier league players and imo all three would comfortably beat the current new farm team in a competitive match. 

What new farm have done is brilliant but they need half a dozen better players to compete in the premier league. It's not a dig at them as no one can or should try and take away from their achievements it's just an honest assessment 

Ok I don't know what 'seasoned' players are with Cumnock and Hurlford but I have seen a few of their games. Tarbolton are sliding but will hopefully maintain there status. But I will go on record and state that none of those three teams at the moment would beat New Farm. New Farm are a young hungry team and none of the 3 teams you mention have went on an unbeaten league run like New Farm has. It doesn't matter what league it is it takes a huge amount of grit and talent to achieve that. Ill predict right now New Farm will be top 5.

23 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

Ok I don't know what 'seasoned' players are with Cumnock and Hurlford but I have seen a few of their games. Tarbolton are sliding but will hopefully maintain there status. But I will go on record and state that none of those three teams at the moment would beat New Farm. New Farm are a young hungry team and none of the 3 teams you mention have went on an unbeaten league run like New Farm has. It doesn't matter what league it is it takes a huge amount of grit and talent to achieve that. Ill predict right now New Farm will be top 5.

I hope you are correct I really do but I will also go on record and say that they will be nowhere near top 5 with the current crop.

I for one never rated new farm at the beginning of the season but there LEAGUE form has proved me wrong to an extent its a sensational run for sure. In reference to the 3 teams mentioned above imo its pretty obv they wont go on unbeaten runs like new farm as they play the likes of shortlees, HT and glenburn so much much harder opposition. Without being too harsh on new farm I believe there cup “ unsuccess “ has been a blessing in disguise for them in terms of playing probably a game a week since the turn of the year? Think this plays a big part in the unbeaten run but again theres the arguement that no other team has went on a decent cup run in there division so should be just as fresh as new farm so fair play to them. In terms of top 5 again I’ll write them off unless the make a few good additions. Your talking shortlees , HT, glenburn, ardeer, possibly stewarton ( coming back stronger ) and kilbride thistle to beat to top 5. Honeslly cant see it without a good few additions.

I for one never rated new farm at the beginning of the season but there LEAGUE form has proved me wrong to an extent its a sensational run for sure. In reference to the 3 teams mentioned above imo its pretty obv they wont go on unbeaten runs like new farm as they play the likes of shortlees, HT and glenburn so much much harder opposition. Without being too harsh on new farm I believe there cup “ unsuccess “ has been a blessing in disguise for them in terms of playing probably a game a week since the turn of the year? Think this plays a big part in the unbeaten run but again theres the arguement that no other team has went on a decent cup run in there division so should be just as fresh as new farm so fair play to them. In terms of top 5 again I’ll write them off unless the make a few good additions. Your talking shortlees , HT, glenburn, ardeer, possibly stewarton ( coming back stronger ) and kilbride thistle to beat to top 5. Honeslly cant see it without a good few additions.
Spot on! Id also add dirrans to that list. Out with they 6/7 teams anyone should fear the drop. Hurlford ams are a good team and even they are struggling this season. The premier is a very unforgiven league

1 minute ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
6 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Spot on! Id also add dirrans to that list. Out with they 6/7 teams anyone should fear the drop. Hurlford ams are a good team and even they are struggling this season. The premier is a very unforgiven league

Pains me tae say it but gawston need a miracle tae stay up 

1 minute ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
6 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Dirrans? nae chance. Glenburn, HT, Shortlees are a given. Kilbride haven't lived up to their promise and defo not Stewarton or Dirrans

6 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

Dirrans? nae chance. Glenburn, HT, Shortlees are a given. Kilbride haven't lived up to their promise and defo not Stewarton or Dirrans

Start of the season stewarton did beat yous mate but like I said if they come back next year and play the way they did at the start of the season they will be top 5 contention knocking new farm down the pecking order

15 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Start of the season stewarton did beat yous mate but like I said if they come back next year and play the way they did at the start of the season they will be top 5 contention knocking new farm down the pecking order

Im not from New Farm im from Stewarton lol I just have a host of old youth players playing for various Ayrshire teams

Have to ask not been on this in a few weeks but what the f**k has Ryan's success at newfarm got to do with W Hamilton or HT ?

Give the guy and his team some credit and judge them at the end of next season 

Edited by PiedPiper

3 hours ago, PiedPiper said:

Have to ask not been on this in a few weeks but what the f**k has Ryan's success at newfarm got to do with W Hamilton or HT ?

Give the guy and his team some credit and judge them at the end of next season 

Yes mate , you are correct on this one I can’t argue , I was being a sarcastic asshole wae that post last nite , think I had one to many ,  he’s doing a great job . 

19 hours ago, The riddler said:

Yes mate , you are correct on this one I can’t argue , I was being a sarcastic asshole wae that post last nite , think I had one to many ,  he’s doing a great job . 

no need to apologise mate we're all entitled to our opinion just feel Ryan should be given some credit for the work he has done   

i for one have enjoyed watching them this season when possible they work hard for each other