Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

On 07/02/2019 at 22:13, eyeswideopen15 said:

Hearing some terrible news tonight that young Skoda has died today. Devastated for everyone that knew him. Friends, family and his current club onthank. Also to everyone at craigie where he spent most of his amateur days emoji174.png

Don’t no the boy personally but I lived in the area long enough to no the all the boys will be hurting so speaking for the lees boys hope Yous do the boy proud and win all the rest of your games gl and god bless 

Some result for ardeer against glenburn yesterday.
Shortlees pumping of the medda shows the difference from the premier to the 1st
I agree in part. It shows the difference between the top 2/3 in the prem and the first. shortlees have done that and worse to teams in their own league and it is only a few months ago that shortlees struggled to get past crosshill in the Ayrshire cup so I wouldn't read too much into a one off result, if that have been a cumnock / galston / tarbolton etc v meadow it would never have ended up like that.

Delighted to see mauchline get there first win of the season. Well done to the new management team there.

I was at the Waverly v newfarm game yesterday and can hand on heart say it was the worst performance iv ever seen from a referee. I don't like hanging them out to dry but of the 7 goals scored he must have made an incorrect decision in the lead up to at least 4 of them. NewFarm denied an absolute stick on penalty when the keeper took out the newfarm attacker and then gifted them a penalty in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to win it 4-3 as if to make up for his error. I really felt for Waverly as they were the better team on the day but didn't really create many chances other than the goals. Still fancy them to come good and maybe clinch 2nd spot but looks like it will be some battle for they promotion places.

1 hour ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I agree in part. It shows the difference between the top 2/3 in the prem and the first. shortlees have done that and worse to teams in their own league and it is only a few months ago that shortlees struggled to get past crosshill in the Ayrshire cup so I wouldn't read too much into a one off result, if that have been a cumnock / galston / tarbolton etc v meadow it would never have ended up like that.

Delighted to see mauchline get there first win of the season. Well done to the new management team there.

I was at the Waverly v newfarm game yesterday and can hand on heart say it was the worst performance iv ever seen from a referee. I don't like hanging them out to dry but of the 7 goals scored he must have made an incorrect decision in the lead up to at least 4 of them. NewFarm denied an absolute stick on penalty when the keeper took out the newfarm attacker and then gifted them a penalty in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to win it 4-3 as if to make up for his error. I really felt for Waverly as they were the better team on the day but didn't really create many chances other than the goals. Still fancy them to come good and maybe clinch 2nd spot but looks like it will be some battle for they promotion places.

Took in the glenburn game, hard fought game glenburn struggled to handle ardeer wee number 9

Took in the glenburn game, hard fought game glenburn struggled to handle ardeer wee number 9
Ardeer. On their day can mix it with the best in that league. Little inconsistent tho but a smashing team. Was shocked seening that result and nothing against ardeer but woulda liked to see glenburn win to keep it interesting at the top

2 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
10 minutes ago, On the ball said:

Ardeer. On their day can mix it with the best in that league. Little inconsistent tho but a smashing team. Was shocked seening that result and nothing against ardeer but woulda liked to see glenburn win to keep it interesting at the top

Agree,ardeer could have a say in who wins it but a two horse race for me

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:04, eyeswideopen15 said:

I think my prediction of New Farm cantering that league is coming true. 19pts not lost a game in league? Farell and Baxter great combination and a club with a huge committee. Crosshouse will come good but I think it will be a battle for 2nd tbh.

10 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Definitely not, they don’t have a Currie or a Knapp, no game changers in my opinion.

Agreed. They've been posting some big results though but last week would have derailed them, but no league winners in that squad 

Just to let everyone know I left Stewarton today after our match. I informed the committee at the new year that I’d be leaving at the end of the season, however after the last few weeks it’s best for the club to change now and appoint someone who’ll be able to take them forward. Nearly three season of the same voice in the dressing rooms becomes a bit mundane for players and it’s the right time for a change for us both. Stewarton United are a great club, the three guys that run it are the best people I have ever worked with in my chequered amateur career, whoever replaces me will get the full support of them. The players are very tight and a fantastic bunch to work with. I’ve been luck to play and manage in Ayrshire with two clubs and they have both been the best times in my career and that includes my time as Scotland assistant. Gary

30 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Just to let everyone know I left Stewarton today after our match. I informed the committee at the new year that I’d be leaving at the end of the season, however after the last few weeks it’s best for the club to change now and appoint someone who’ll be able to take them forward. Nearly three season of the same voice in the dressing rooms becomes a bit mundane for players and it’s the right time for a change for us both. Stewarton United are a great club, the three guys that run it are the best people I have ever worked with in my chequered amateur career, whoever replaces me will get the full support of them. The players are very tight and a fantastic bunch to work with. I’ve been luck to play and manage in Ayrshire with two clubs and they have both been the best times in my career and that includes my time as Scotland assistant. Gary

Micks righthand man at darvel I suspect. All the best mate