Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

1 hour ago, Rab-1990 said:
1 hour ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:
GMW are as good as anyone on their day, Wee Mick upfront is probably the best player in the league from what I’ve seen. Seen knapp about a dozen times and he’s been best player on the park twice, he’s always looked good but only twice head and shoulders above the rest, Mick seen a bit less of 7-8 games  but he has been the best player in all but one game. It wouldn’t surprise me if they won it. Hurlford big guy up top is good and consistent but not on the same level as the other two, I think it’s a 3 horse race, anyone but Hurlford and I’m happy.

Micks a class player but having played against the 2 of them Knapps a class above shouldn't be playing at the level he is

Knapp has more potential but is not more effective at this level, his team look to him constantly and makes it more difficult for him. If he played higher and just looked after himself he could cope no problem but it’s mostly on him at amateur and he’s easier to keep quiet that way

12 hours ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

GMW are as good as anyone on their day, Wee Mick upfront is probably the best player in the league from what I’ve seen. Seen knapp about a dozen times and he’s been best player on the park twice, he’s always looked good but only twice head and shoulders above the rest, Mick seen a bit less of 7-8 games  but he has been the best player in all but one game. It wouldn’t surprise me if they won it. Hurlford big guy up top is good and consistent but not on the same level as the other two, I think it’s a 3 horse race, anyone but Hurlford and I’m happy.

Anyone take in the hurlford Glenburn game ???

Seen first half but was too cold to stand about. From what I seen glenburn Ran them riot for the first 45. Heard glenburn went on to win on pens but to be fair thought they would of dealt with it 90mins. Hurlford were very poor, hopefully bounce back

Was expecting more from the new farm result, Anyone see it?
Having heard some of the players mauchline have either signed then I don't think it will be long before they start picking up points. Think it's 4 players that started the season with either thistle or shortlees a couple from catrine, and a couple ex juniors. Fair play to them and hope that continues during the Xmas break and they can be as competitive( if not more) as they were last week against craigie. I didn't see or haven't heard any thing about yesterday's game but seems that they are moving in the right direction.

The Mossblown result shocked me a little, they seemed to be on a good run and glenmuir seemed to be a little off it in recent weeks. Not sure if we can read too much into mid December results tho as teams really struggle with Xmas work nights out and players needing extra shifts for the fat man coming. I can guarantee there was alot of teams delighted when they seen that weather warning issues.

On that note, catrine pitch is one of Ayrshire better grass pitches, called off about 2 miles away from mauchline, one of Ayrshire worst grass pitches?? Or was the mauchline game taken to astro?

Having heard some of the players mauchline have either signed then I don't think it will be long before they start picking up points. Think it's 4 players that started the season with either thistle or shortlees a couple from catrine, and a couple ex juniors. Fair play to them and hope that continues during the Xmas break and they can be as competitive( if not more) as they were last week against craigie. I didn't see or haven't heard any thing about yesterday's game but seems that they are moving in the right direction.

The Mossblown result shocked me a little, they seemed to be on a good run and glenmuir seemed to be a little off it in recent weeks. Not sure if we can read too much into mid December results tho as teams really struggle with Xmas work nights out and players needing extra shifts for the fat man coming. I can guarantee there was alot of teams delighted when they seen that weather warning issues.

On that note, catrine pitch is one of Ayrshire better grass pitches, called off about 2 miles away from mauchline, one of Ayrshire worst grass pitches?? Or was the mauchline game taken to astro?

Catrine pitch was frozen in parts, not worth this risk to players

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2018 at 08:43, On the ball said:

Honestly you have seen shortlees a dozen times and keir has been the best player two times come on pal you forget your glasses the other 10 times if Micheal Mullen was struggling to start for shortlees Mick O’Connor would have no chance a very good player but not in the same class as keir not even worth debating stayed off pie and bovril after the lees getting embarrassed by hurlford and then beat by glenbun but took a look the night and seen this nonsense