Ayrshire Prem / 1st div winners and relegations

4-5-0

1-0 before going down to 10 men. Tbf with 11 men Dalry deserved the win no matter what happened in the game. Poorest Onthank have been in weeks few boys missing also but that’s not an excuse on the day not good enough and Dalry were far better side on the day. Absolutely shocker from everyone in an Onthank shirt today.

It was just a poor display and discipline let us down. Won’t get into too much details on here as it’s not the place to vent internal stuff but it wasn’t an Onthank performance yesterday but as I said Dalry were more than deserved winners before we even had 2 men sent off so all the best to them. We will go again next week and try to do better than this week that’s for sure

I think its the best Ayrshire amateur league season for some time. Apart from possibly Shortlees and Hurlford Thistle I don't think there's many scorelines that can be predicted right throughout the leagues. There's Ardrossan castle Rovers sitting winless and pointless at the foot off the premier and go put Southside out the West. Literally anyone in the premier could finish 3rd or finish bottom. Dalry beating Onthank, glenmuir, catrine and crosshill can spank or get spanked by anyone in their league depending which team shows up ha! Despite all the talk about the demise of amateur football i actually think Ayrshire is in its best place in years

I think its the best Ayrshire amateur league season for some time. Apart from possibly Shortlees and Hurlford Thistle I don't think there's many scorelines that can be predicted right throughout the leagues. There's Ardrossan castle Rovers sitting winless and pointless at the foot off the premier and go put Southside out the West. Literally anyone in the premier could finish 3rd or finish bottom. Dalry beating Onthank, glenmuir, catrine and crosshill can spank or get spanked by anyone in their league depending which team shows up ha! Despite all the talk about the demise of amateur football i actually think Ayrshire is in its best place in years

I don’t think your comment regarding the premier is true

4 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

I don’t think your comment regarding the premier is true

In what respect? The top 2 or the rest? Look at the results? Galston go beat kilbride last week? Tarbolton beat Hurlford ams. Ardrossan castle have perhaps left it too late too escape the bottom but I don't think anyone could call who is going too finish 3rd or second bottom in the premier at the moment. Yourselves could just as easily be in either of they spots come may bud 

In what respect? The top 2 or the rest? Look at the results? Galston go beat kilbride last week? Tarbolton beat Hurlford ams. Ardrossan castle have perhaps left it too late too escape the bottom but I don't think anyone could call who is going too finish 3rd or second bottom in the premier at the moment. Yourselves could just as easily be in either of they spots come may bud 

Don’t think so,

I couldn't agree more. Especially with the first division where I think Dailly, new farm. West kilbride, crosshouse, glenmuir, mossblown s
Have a very realistic chance of promotion and I still believe that with a bit if luck even meadow and catrine have time to get there act together to make a surge up the league as they do both have good squads . We are almost into December and genuinly believing 6 maybe even 8 teams could be promoted shows the strength in Ayrshire the now. The prem is 2 horse race, no doubt about it, we started the season hoping it could have been a 4 maybe 5 but it's not going to happen. Even the relegation situations in both the prem and first are interesting, u can maybe say ardrossan and mauchline are on their way but the final places ( plus the relegation playoff in the 1st) could go to a number of teams, even one being touted at the start of the season as potential winners/ promotion candidates.

3 hours ago, Gary Hamilton said:

I’m not going to say where teams will finish all I can tell you is we’ll finish nowhere near the bottom two.

I said it was that close that you could just as easily be 3rd as second bottom. You said don't think so so you don't fancy yourselves for 3rd either then? 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Banned said:

GMW 3 Shortlees 0. Wow!!! 

That's a cat amongst the pigeons. 

League wide open 

GMW are as good as anyone on their day, Wee Mick upfront is probably the best player in the league from what I’ve seen. Seen knapp about a dozen times and he’s been best player on the park twice, he’s always looked good but only twice head and shoulders above the rest, Mick seen a bit less of 7-8 games  but he has been the best player in all but one game. It wouldn’t surprise me if they won it. Hurlford big guy up top is good and consistent but not on the same level as the other two, I think it’s a 3 horse race, anyone but Hurlford and I’m happy.

GMW are as good as anyone on their day, Wee Mick upfront is probably the best player in the league from what I’ve seen. Seen knapp about a dozen times and he’s been best player on the park twice, he’s always looked good but only twice head and shoulders above the rest, Mick seen a bit less of 7-8 games  but he has been the best player in all but one game. It wouldn’t surprise me if they won it. Hurlford big guy up top is good and consistent but not on the same level as the other two, I think it’s a 3 horse race, anyone but Hurlford and I’m happy.
Micks a class player but having played against the 2 of them Knapps a class above shouldn't be playing at the level he is