Well this has been all the worst of Stevie rolled into one half.

For the first ten or so minutes it was fine. Both teams knocked the ball about and things looked alright. 

Then we switch to a 4-2-3-1 (hooray), launch long balls at Rory Loy and stick Calum Gallagher out wide. Forfar start to dominate and (probably deservedly) take the lead. Immediately after we went a goal down Stevie signalled back for the SeaGal to go back up top. Why not just keep him there and keep us in the game?

After that it was nothing we didn't already know. We've got clever players who create chances when they get the ball down, unfortunately we seem more intent on launching it in any direction. I've not got an issue with Calum Gallagher missing the penalty, he's scored a few and it wasn't the worst effort in the world. These things happen.

Truth be told going in level at half-time would allow Stevie to say just continue doing the same, which is far from ideal. Massive changes needed. 

By the way, does anybody want to say Ross Perry can play at right-back? It's evident Little is a million times better. Perry will not manage the 90 - sent off or hooked. Bookmark this.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That’s one of the oddest things he’s ever done.

Up there with basically not playing Dimitris Froxylias ever again, even after his heroics v TNS down in Oswestry.

I know, I'm being a tad dramatic :rolleyes:

Massive post incoming. But I've got two things to say.

Firstly, well done to Forfar. John Baird is a smashing player and everyone knows how highly I rate him, but he's just great. 

Secondly we have a totally different team to last season. Yet play in the exact same way. That comes down to Stevie. Ultimately the past calendar year has seen horrendous football and poor results. Something has to change. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Dumbarton fans pished themselves laughing when I said I’d prefer Baird to Loy..

Mind the first bit of Rory Loy's podcast where he says he isn't a targetman and can't header a ball?

That seems to be all we want to use him for. I just want to cut that bit and blast it over the tannoys from about 1 onwards.

Mind the first bit of Rory Loy's podcast where he says he isn't a targetman and can't header a ball?
That seems to be all we want to use him for. I just want to cut that bit and blast it over the tannoys from about 1 onwards.

Yeah. Loy is good, on paper anyway. Think Baird suits the division more, more physical and a good player. Forfar also a decent team. No easy games this season.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I didnt read that but i wouldnt have been laughing.JB is probablt THE best striker in this league.Would have snapped him up in a heartbeat.In fact i predicted him to be a danger prior to kick off.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You also said you’d prefer Callum Gallagher, which blatantly wouldn’t have been true. Two games in is hardly a vindication of any opinions.

Archived