First home match for the Sons sees the Loons of Forfar come calling to town. Sons will be looking to build on the good away win at East Fife, whilst Forfar will be licking their wounds after throwing away the points at home to Airdrie.  As for team selection, I would play Andy Little at right back, he's been very assured there when called upon and I actually have more confidence in him than Ross Perry (Cammy Ballantyne clearly needs rest, his thigh is not ready). Kyle Hutton will probably start because he's completely undroppable in Aitken's eyes, but I would like to see us line up:

Adam

Little -- Dowie -- Barr -- Dyer

Carswell

Paton -- Thomson -- Forbes

Gallagher -- Loy

Not convinced with Paton through the middle, he looked at bit lost at times in there, so I'd like to see Thommo's energy, drive and strength given a go in there, it also allows our two best crossers of the ball to be wide at all times.  

Forfar have players who can hurt us in Easton, Hilson and Baird, so we will need to be wary, but I'm hopeful of picking up another 3 points here and get the home league campaign off to a good start.

A wee note for Forfar fans too - all fans will enter through the home end and both sets of fans will have access to the bar in that end. We'll have some pre-match entertainment on from 2pm in there in the shape of local band The Foz, mon in and enjoy yourself! At around 2:50pm a steward will take the Forfar fans through to the away end for the game.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

How has Rory Loy looked as a Dumbarton player?

Intelligent and motivated would be how I'd put it. I think he's still getting himself back up to full fitness and sharpness, but his intelligence on the ball is pretty evident. He also put in quite a few tackles in our own box and generally looked to enjoy being a leader on the pitch.

His partnership with Calum Gallagher looked promising, and I think that they'll compliment each other quite well.

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

How has Rory Loy looked as a Dumbarton player?

He's only started 2 matches, one in our humping at St Mirren and Saturday.  You can tell he's still not quite as sharp or fit as he needs to be, but you can see the intelligence he has. He worked hard off the ball against East Fife and he is willing to take the ball in all situations. I thought he and Calum Gallagher worked well with each other on Saturday and I'm hopeful that partnership can grow once both players are up to sharpness.

I do think Gallagher will bag more goals this year though.

Guest bernardblack

Easton coming in from the left please! 

Still angry we shoehorned Moore in there even though Easton looked very good pre-season in the position. 

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Decent keeper but easy to wind up, irrespective of his mood at the time.

I'd probably get wound up too if people screamed things about my family at me every week. I like players who give a bit back though, fans can be quick to dish it out but they don't like it up them.

Cammy Ballantyne still out due to someone in deepest Montrose sticking pins in a voodoo doll. Everyone else fit.  Keep with Little at right back please.

If Aidan Wilson starts for Forfar I fully expect him to be targeted, get Gallagher and Loy dragging him around and we should create openings.

Archived