Who will break Steven Gerrard and how?

When will Scottish football break Steven Gerrard and how will it happen?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In terms of his mentality, his post-match comments show that he's broken already. If that's how he responds to a point at Pittodrie how he's going to deal with Hibs or Kilmarnock winning at Ibrox when he doesn't even have a refereeing decision to deflect to?

He's going to have a meltdown every single time they drop points, and not in a way which can be turned into a positive in inspiring the players; it's going to be paranoid drivel like yesterday which gets increasingly more detached from reality as the season goes on and just makes him look ridiculous.

In terms of actually pushing him over the edge and out of the job though, there's no way he's not going to last the season. They would have to be spectacularly terrible - as in miles off second - for him to get sacked and there's nothing so far to suggest they're going to be any worse than last season, while any delusional tantrums surely aren't going to go as far as a Paul Hartley at Alloa style rage quit. If he cracked like that it would ensure he never gets a shot at the Liverpool job, which is obviously his long term ambition. There's a high possibility he's never going to be a good enough manager to get it anyway, but he's not going to end his chances himself like that.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know it's going to be a Hibs 3-2 that tilts him over the edge. This will be at a time near the end of the season, when the realization strikes that they're 20+ points behind Celtic with only a couple of games left. Cue the British English media blaming it on the "poor standard" of Scottish Football and how Gerrards tactics were somehow too sophisticated  for this rough and tumble league.

Perhaps Lennon can end this one with some kind of boat gesture, tickling the feet of the British Navy section of the Rangers support this time.

His post-match interview was a continuation of post-liquidated Rangers statements. Throwing his toys out the pram about a decision going against them, whether he likes it or not it was a red card. Morelos’ fault not Kevin Clancy’s.
No mention of the offside in the build up to their goal though. Cracks are showing already.
He’ll be out the door by Monday 13th.

The man has already shown he has a very low IQ  with his "Provotion" comments and he has a violent streak and zero class or respect for the opposition and officials so I can't see it ending well. 

Who will crack the moron? My heart says Lenny and Hibs my head says Craig Levein and Hearts

He's staying up the leafy West End. Not far from Neil Lennon...

His family won’t have moved up with him though and he’ll be down the road with them at every given opportunity I would imagine. If his entirely family moved up the road with him then I’d imagine there would be problems with the Glasgow goldfish bowl but I don’t think that will be his undoing.

On the very brink of winning the first ever league title of his career, he watches helplessly as Rangers blow it spectacularly in Albert Kidd/Helicopter Sunday style fashion. He’ll then attempt to thundercunt a Powerade bottle out of frustration, but ultimately slips on his arse yet again, much to the amusement of the Easter Road faithful. He’ll retire to a small remote island while The Sun laughs him out of the country. We’ll never hear from poor Slippy G again.

12 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

The man has already shown he has a very low IQ  with his "Provotion" comments and he has a violent streak and zero class or respect for the opposition and officials so I can't see it ending well. 

Who will crack the moron? My heart says Lenny and Hibs my head says Craig Levein and Hearts

It's unlikely that either side will make the next round with the draws they've had, but it would be interesting to see them get Queen of the South in the League Cup quarter final. If Gerrard had one of the multiple touchline head's gone moments we're going to be treated to this season during that game, I wonder if Gary Naysmith would return the favour from the time that thug tried to end his career.

_38621325_gertack300.jpg

Cz4dkOhW8AAwcTG.jpg

In keeping with the horrendous persecution from referees Gerrard has had to endure throughout his career, he didn't even get booked for that.

It'll be a proper John Sheran style type rant when the likes of Killie get a 'soft' but perfectly legit pen.   He'll then get fined and the  Rangers PR machine will issue the usual "beggars belief"  heads-gone statement that will spill over into the next game where they'll whinge about every tackle against them not being a red.  Celtic to extend their lead by at least 5 points during this comedy fortnight.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

"Major provoketion" © Steven Gerrard 2018

It will be a calm and cool Rodgers comment that will finally send Steevie's head spinning back down to scouse land.
As Odsonne Edouard slots home a 90+ min hat trick in front of a rapturous Celtic Park to send the remaining 3 Orcs still in the stands away up the road.
Rodgers takes a look at the 6-0 scoreboard, then a glance at the dejected Englishman, strolls up to him and places a comforting hand on his shoulder as the world around him is going wild, and softly whispers in his ear...."let's go"

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

A mere 3 years ago:

At least Morelos lasted a lengthy 12 minutes.

He's spent twenty years being fawned over, it'll be the Rangers support that breaks him. They'll be ten points behind, having just drawn with Celtic away, and Hearts will Leveinball them at Ibrox. He'll spend the final half hour having "SECOND AIN'T GOOD ENUF FOR RA GERS!" screeched at him, and roundly booed at the final whistle, and he'll walk away claiming he never had the support of the club. 

Archived