Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Started my usual Saints league and was given a budget of £100k and 5 grand a week spare in wages which I was pretty happy with. I've noticed this year more than any other that the money given out doesn't get you very far! I'm trying to find a centre mid (having signed Tony Ralston on loan) and I'm struggling to find anyone even half way decent with the money I have. Also trying to work out the most effective way to scout players as that seems to have been modified too.

I've played my first league cup match (ended up beating Stirling 5-1 after falling behind early and being 1-0 down at half time). I like the look of the tactics and training screens and the new look diary etc too. Early days but I must admit that the game feels a little more difficult this year which can only be a good thing. 

I'm impressed - always feel new FMs are quite 'samey' but this feels like it has more wee bits and pieces to try and figure out than usual.

How you setting Saints up? Getting the strikers scoring seems the hardest part.

53 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I can confirm that York City are the chosen ones.

I'm going to York in a few weeks.

Not sure why I'm telling you this.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If anyone has interested in checking out the pyramid system I made it's available on the steam workshop now under "Expanded Scottish Pyramid"

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1554564670

Having a look through this just now as I've never played an editor data file database before due to not playing desktop FM for years.  Superb stuff! Might start with my local amateur team Harestanes in the Clydesdale premier for a buzz. Be a good challenge having to build a whole squad from scratch.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How you setting Saints up? Getting the strikers scoring seems the hardest part.

I'm going to York in a few weeks.

Not sure why I'm telling you this.

I’ve got 4-4-1-1 so far but I’ve only played that one competitive game so far. Watt, Scougall (2) and Wright all scored against Stirling but I can see how getting the strikers to score could be an issue. Watt missed quite a few chances before he eventually scored. What was your formation? McMillan doesn’t look that great to me to be honest so slightly worried about depth up top. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I’ve got 4-4-1-1 so far but I’ve only played that one competitive game so far. Watt, Scougall (2) and Wright all scored against Stirling but I can see how getting the strikers to score could be an issue. Watt missed quite a few chances before he eventually scored. What was your formation? McMillan doesn’t look that great to me to be honest so slightly worried about depth up top. 

Same. 4-4-1-1. 

Beta was obviously a different match engine so players will probably be different. Watt was top scorer, got 10 goals but they mostly came after February. McMillan and Kane got about 3 each.

Scougall was class for me, but went a in a huff and refused to sign a new deal. Swanson as a AM(a) was the only reason I avoided relegation in truth, ripped teams apart from there but struggled to stay fit. 

Kennedy won PotY.

King Stephen gets QOTS promoted to the big time and then suddenly retires, safe to say they'll be going straight back down.

Speaking of retirement, Craig Gordon has now gone, Luckily I already had Timo Horn lined up to come in anyway. Time to trim my squad a bit, pretty happy with it going into the 2nd season. Maybe just need another CB & CM of greater quality.

Decided on Salford City for my first save. Approaching the end of August, a steady start to the season bar the 3 game run where I lost twice and drew when I was trying to find a formation that suited Rooney and Rory Gaffney as despite the 2 wins from the opening 2 games playing a 4231 I wanted to play both of them together. Ended up going with a route one 442 attacking with Gaffney target man and Rooney poacher and in the 2 games since the 0-0 with Chesterfield, so far so good. I do rotate the rest of the side as theres a lot of Sat/Tues/Sat scheduling. Transfers in are from Romeo Akinola and down as the players above him were ones already signed IRL. Need Wrexham to calm down a bit if I want to be winning the league!

5bdd87c4a5a42_AUGTRANSFERS.thumb.png.c107490d5e034f07c63d4f83cba2ef02.png

tactics.thumb.png.817e0c241d1734ccd8248067b3751b46.png

5bdd87e6884b2_augresults.thumb.png.9bbe6323bcd49d8d55dd298c9e6f1f3a.png

5bdd87f3bf834_AUGTABLE.thumb.png.a2bb9a9bd6c4690cd987a406fb551d6d.png

So far have managed to get through the group stages of the league cup, despite only getting 7 points.  A 4-0 win over Albion Rovers (who are rated worse in the game than they are in real life somehow) waas the game that gave me the goal difference. 

Strategy wise I am going with a balls out 4-4-2 attacking, only problem so far is that Football Manager Lawrence Shankland isn't as prolific as real world Lawrence Shankland. 

Hamburg save is a hard one. Arp is the obvious striker to start with, develop him and you'll end up with the best German striker in the game (excluding newgens), but hes not consistent at all. Other strikers are a bit shite. Wingers are either class and injury prone, or young and raw. 

Starting centre halves start off with 7-8 month injuries so David Bates will be a regular.

Think if you could fail to be promoted, but stay in a job, you'd be able to build something special.

On 11/2/2018 at 01:33, Eoin Doyle said:

Aberdeen are massively overrated in this game. :lol:

Some of their players attributes are very questionable. 

Sam Cosgrove, heading 17!! Someone's having a laugh!!