Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

In my beta save which I've continued playing on the full version, I'm back in the Championship with Clyde after 2 seasons (won play offs in league 2 then league 1 title) with Inverness and Dundee Utd bypassing me and now playing their trade in League 1 :lol:

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

In my beta save which I've continued playing on the full version, I'm back in the Championship with Clyde after 2 seasons (won play offs in league 2 then league 1 title) with Inverness and Dundee Utd bypassing me and now playing their trade in League 1 :lol:

Scottish football ends up mental eventually. One of my longer saves had Queens Park in the top flight and Dundee relegated out the leagues, all within 20 years of starting the save.

Started a save with Hamburg, should be easy enough first season to ease me into the new match engine, as it's always a huge jump from the beta. Then a proper challenge of trying to catch the group of teams behind Bayern, who'll hopefully be a monster a few seasons in, and take a while to catch

Interesting to note that my Celtic team haven't had to go away in the cup this season...

I started the first half of the season with Edouard, Griffiths & Forlan all up front together. Sadly Forlan has fallen off a bit and I'm now resorting to Edouard up top on his own. We're loaded after selling Tierney and Rogic.

Looking forward to starting a proper save now the real game is out. Last season I went for a National League north team, with no loyalties, and just hoored my way to the top. Probably one of my most enjoyable saves to date despite it being a bit of a slog at first. My years at Derby being a particular highlight.

Started a Leverkusen save in the beta and it just confirmed that I find it boring starting off at a bigger team, barely touched it after the first few days. One thing I did notice from the beta was how hard it was to keep players happy. Even if I was starting them in Europe and cup games, they'd hand in a transfer request if they missed a handful of league games. I was rotating ny squad frequently in the league as well so it's not like they were completely frozen out. I think I got about a quarter of the way into the season and had 4 fairly regular first teamers wanting to leave due to lack of game time.

Just started my first save, chose Ayr as they have a good young team.  So far I am liking the new tactics generator, haven't gotten stuck in to the training section yet although in previous versions I usually delegated most of the training to my staff as it's a bit too complicated.  I don't know if it's just my team and the games I have played but the refs seem to be very red card happy!  I have played 4 friendlies (including an intra-team friendly) and 1 League Cup game and there have been 4 red cards in the 5 games!  Including two games where someone was sent off in the first 10 minutes

Started a new save with Celtic to see how the game played (I missed FM18) and beat Tallin 13-0 in my first game then went the first three months winning every game by some quite large scorelines. So, happy that I've got to grips with the game, I decided to make a Scottish pyramid.

Untitled.thumb.png.58035c3e1f06d0564a36bc4f91f68e76.png

In retrospect I shoulda made the South of Scotland league a standalone league under the Lowland League and put the Clydeside teams in with the Ayrshire/Lanarkshire lot as a West of Scotland league but I aint overly fussed about that. Currently holidaying through to test it but looks good. Will make a few changes and add in awards for the lower leagues when I aint busy but that will need to wait til next week. Also had to edit in about half a dozen amateur teams to get the numbers right for Fife/Central so if anyone was desperate to play a game as Stein Thistle yer in luck

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Looking forward to starting a proper save now the real game is out. Last season I went for a National League north team, with no loyalties, and just hoored my way to the top. Probably one of my most enjoyable saves to date despite it being a bit of a slog at first. My years at Derby being a particular highlight.

Started a Leverkusen save in the beta and it just confirmed that I find it boring starting off at a bigger team, barely touched it after the first few days. One thing I did notice from the beta was how hard it was to keep players happy. Even if I was starting them in Europe and cup games, they'd hand in a transfer request if they missed a handful of league games. I was rotating ny squad frequently in the league as well so it's not like they were completely frozen out. I think I got about a quarter of the way into the season and had 4 fairly regular first teamers wanting to leave due to lack of game time.

I'm sure that was recognised as a bug, along with half your squad thinking that your "midfield lacks depth" no matter what you do.

Started my usual Saints league and was given a budget of £100k and 5 grand a week spare in wages which I was pretty happy with. I've noticed this year more than any other that the money given out doesn't get you very far! I'm trying to find a centre mid (having signed Tony Ralston on loan) and I'm struggling to find anyone even half way decent with the money I have. Also trying to work out the most effective way to scout players as that seems to have been modified too.

I've played my first league cup match (ended up beating Stirling 5-1 after falling behind early and being 1-0 down at half time). I like the look of the tactics and training screens and the new look diary etc too. Early days but I must admit that the game feels a little more difficult this year which can only be a good thing. 

I'm impressed - always feel new FMs are quite 'samey' but this feels like it has more wee bits and pieces to try and figure out than usual.

If anyone has interested in checking out the pyramid system I made it's available on the steam workshop now under "Expanded Scottish Pyramid"

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1554564670
The last pyramid I downloaded included some sort of crazy, unseeded British Cup thing. Fort William vs Tottenham and shit like that, teams raking in 100k for getting papped out in the first round.

This doesn't include a crazy, unseeded British Cup thing, does it?

I can confirm that York City are the chosen ones.

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The last pyramid I downloaded included some sort of crazy, unseeded British Cup thing. Fort William vs Tottenham and shit like that, teams raking in 100k for getting papped out in the first round.

This doesn't include a crazy, unseeded British Cup thing, does it?

Nah but I can add one if ye like