Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

I have had one of the most insane runs in any FM game for a while.  I'm managing Coleraine in my second season, not only did I get them to the Europa League group stages but I have actually qualified from my group that contains PSV, Young Boys and Sheriff with 2 games to spare.  Wins over Sheriff and Young Boys x 2 leaves me 7 points clear of 3rd place with 2 games to go.  

The increase in reputation has allowed me first to sign Gareth McAulay (before the EL group stage) and now an unemployed Steven Davis! 

HELP ! Just got a cracking Norwegian U23 international on loan (post Brexit) for my Current save in English Championship. He’s in my squad and it says “Work Permit Expired - apply for work permit”

Where do I apply for a work permit ?????

30 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

HELP ! Just got a cracking Norwegian U23 international on loan (post Brexit) for my Current save in English Championship. He’s in my squad and it says “Work Permit Expired - apply for work permit”

Should be under the "Contract" heading in the player profile, but it sound a bit buggy as it should automatically be applied for when you're completing the loan deal I'd have thought.

On 03/08/2019 at 15:58, Tri-TON said:

Anyone found an updated database for this season? Can find one for the SPL but nothing lower. Don't really have the time to sort it all out myself.

I've done one the best I can transfers wise (well I downloaded one off the steam workshop in June and have just updated transfers myself that have happened since then), only ommisions are players teams have signed from junior clubs or teenagers on loan who aren't in FM19 as I couldn't be arsed creating players from scratch (if you're going Morton that won't be a problem as all your signings so far are in FM19). Some of the contract lengths might be wrong too as there's been days I've just battered through with transfers and ignored contracts/wages etc. I will try and fire up a link to it tomorrow.

Edited by C. Muir

What is his wage you are paying? One of the common Brexit scenarios is anyone earning under 8K isn’t eligible for first team matches.

Eventually saw out the end of my 3rd season with Berwick. Not had time much to play recently, so it's took me weeks. Consolidated in 5th place in League One, which I'm happy with. Finished quite some way off either set of playoffs but it's something to build on for sure. Struggled to get form together though. The story of the season was winning 3 or 4 games on the bounce, followed by 3 or 4 defeats off the back of that. At one point I did get to about 7 points off 4th place Peterhead with games to spare, but lost my last 5 matches which put an end to that.

Low point of the season was a 7-0 defeat to Partick at Firhill in the league, set up in a 4-5-1 to frustrate them and was 3 down in 8 minutes. Lost in the first round of the League Cup, lost in the 3rd round of both the Scottish and Irn Bru cups. Up to about £600k in the bank though, largely buoyed by a £200k sell on fee from someone I signed in the first season. That should hopefully allow me to sign a few players needed to kick on in League One.

Coming into my 4th season, I'm starting to look ahead and hoping that if I don't hit the ground running this season and make the playoffs, I'll be subject to offers from other clubs. Only job I've been linked with though was Stirling Albion recently, despite them finishing about 15 points behind me in League One.

I've not long purchased an Amazon Fire HD tablet, as far as I can see I can only purchase FM Mobile for it, I've never seen the mobile version of it, any good?
It's okay for a quick game if you're sitting on a train or something but it's ridiculously easy so it becomes very boring very quickly

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:11, YHallSaint said:

Downloaded this as it’s free if you’ve got an Xbox game pass. Started up with saints and beat Zenit 4-0 in Steven Anderson’s testimonial. Anderson is on loan at Partick so wasn’t in even in the squad.

Haven’t played an FM since 15 so a bit of getting used to but seems ok so far

I didn't realise they did a console version. 

Can remember the good old days of LMA manager.

40 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I was a huge fan of Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2000. Absolutely sensational.

There was another EA did called Total Club Manager. From memory you could cross over with Fifa. Essentially do all the management side of things on the Total Club, then play the game out on Fifa. Quite a good idea at the time. 

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

There was another EA did called Total Club Manager. From memory you could cross over with Fifa. Essentially do all the management side of things on the Total Club, then play the game out on Fifa. Quite a good idea at the time. 

I had this for the PC. It was fundamentally flawed because if you played without the crossover, it was impossible to keep players fully fit, no matter what. 

I've managed to take East Fife up the leagues over the course of about 15 years and won the treble last year. Found the scouting much harder because they've made the time scales more realistic on how long it takes to get a report; previously I could just look at the youth intake and get like 30 reports a day and have a factory of prospects coming through. No more.

The issue I'm having now is that when we were low on budgets and wages in the top tier, the scouts were great at finding young kids in eastern Europe and Africa that I could sign and develop (still on £8k a week mind, fucking Brexit). Now that the budget is increased, all of a sudden I'm being recommended players at PSG and Man Utd, and I don't plan on spending £10m+ on a player for a long time, mainly because we can't afford it in the slightest.

Any tips on how to stop this? I've tried changing the scout's general focus to young players but they've just went to scouting EPL youth players who, again, will cost a fortune. Might have to just take charge of scouting myself and assign them to certain countries. 

On 07/08/2019 at 14:15, LondonHMFC said:

I didn't realise they did a console version. 

Can remember the good old days of LMA manager.

Its not on console mate. You can link up your xbox game pass account and get free games on your PC thorugh the xbox player. Some really good games on it

9 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Its not on console mate. You can link up your xbox game pass account and get free games on your PC thorugh the xbox player. Some really good games on it

Never knew that was a thing, will look into that. Cheers. 

I've managed to take East Fife up the leagues over the course of about 15 years and won the treble last year. Found the scouting much harder because they've made the time scales more realistic on how long it takes to get a report; previously I could just look at the youth intake and get like 30 reports a day and have a factory of prospects coming through. No more.
The issue I'm having now is that when we were low on budgets and wages in the top tier, the scouts were great at finding young kids in eastern Europe and Africa that I could sign and develop (still on £8k a week mind, fucking Brexit). Now that the budget is increased, all of a sudden I'm being recommended players at PSG and Man Utd, and I don't plan on spending £10m+ on a player for a long time, mainly because we can't afford it in the slightest.
Any tips on how to stop this? I've tried changing the scout's general focus to young players but they've just went to scouting EPL youth players who, again, will cost a fortune. Might have to just take charge of scouting myself and assign them to certain countries. 
Assigning the scouts yourself is probably the best way to do it. Their might be an option in the top left corner of the main scouting screen(depending on what skin you use) that allows you to tell the chef scout what you want them to look for.