Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Just seen that Dundee United moved out of Tannadice into the much smaller Jim McLean arena. Only for them to upgrade the capacity up to the same as Tannadice in time for their return to the Premiership after this current season :lol:.

Obviously have too much money to waste.

Winter Patch has brought back the fake German National Team, for anyone who wasnt aware. You'll need to use the normal fix to sort it.

On 03/03/2019 at 12:31, RandomGuy. said:

Winter Patch has brought back the fake German National Team, for anyone who wasnt aware. You'll need to use the normal fix to sort it.

I preferred FM when it had the fake German National Team tbh. It added a certain level of charm to the game.

Now that the winter patch is out I am going to start a new save with Queen's Park where I play a variation of the youth academy challenge.  Essentially I won't sign players, only use players from the youth system.  Fortunately FM gives QP a good crop of young regens. Looking at my side, I should be able to play a solid 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1, just working through what will be best strategy using friendlies and the BFC

Looking at my squad I've also made an exception to the "no signing" rule by allowing me to sign players in the first transfer window only and they have to be U21.  Also limiting myself to a max of 3 signings.  QP are desperately short of central midfielders!

Edited by senorsoupe

SI forums fairly go out their way to try and stop any negative feedback. 

Theres hundreds of posts every day with people complaining the game isnt fair and is broken, so I make a joke about the game being broken as Messi isnt scoring every game so I'm going back to FM13.

Two minutes later the post is removed and I'm banned :lol:

I've won 18 Premiership titles in a row. Think I'm done with this now. My success brought a lot of attention to this league. Most Premiership and Championship clubs all have significantly larger stadiums now.

Our global boom of mid to late 30's saw our Jim Leishman Park expanded to 57,500 capacity and sells out every game. Don't think it'll allow me to make it any bigger than that though. 

If you're wondering who the best clubs in the world are heading into the 2042/43 season I'd say: Tottenham, West Ham, Vallecano, Barcelona & Bayern. My Pars are definitely in the top 10 but we haven't won the Champions League since 2032.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

I've won 18 Premiership titles in a row. Think I'm done with this now. My success brought a lot of attention to this league. Most Premiership and Championship clubs all have significantly larger stadiums now.

Our global boom of mid to late 30's saw our Jim Leishman Park expanded to 57,500 capacity and sells out every game. Don't think it'll allow me to make it any bigger than that though. 

If you're wondering who the best clubs in the world are heading into the 2042/43 season I'd say: Tottenham, West Ham, Vallecano, Barcelona & Bayern. My Pars are definitely in the top 10 but we haven't won the Champions League since 2032.

Find it interesting how ever since the Olympic Park move was put in the game, West Ham more often than not become a force.

Assume Tottenhams stadium move does the same.

After two seasons in League 2, one season in League 1 and three seasons in the Championship, Edinburgh City have finally made it to the Premiership (managing to win all 3 leagues and an Irn Bru cup along the way).

The main question now is do I continue? Or f**k off? And I'll be honest I'm swaying towards the latter. I reckon the Prem will be a brutal slog but I feel a bit shite bailing, it would be interesting to see how we get on.

Reckon I might do one more season then move on. I've been approached by various clubs such as both Rangers and Celtic, West Ham, Newcastle etc so I could get a decent job. Might be tempted by the Rangers or Celtic job for a season or two, be good to try and win the treble or something.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

After two seasons in League 2, one season in League 1 and three seasons in the Championship, Edinburgh City have finally made it to the Premiership (managing to win all 3 leagues and an Irn Bru cup along the way).

The main question now is do I continue? Or f**k off? And I'll be honest I'm swaying towards the latter. I reckon the Prem will be a brutal slog but I feel a bit shite bailing, it would be interesting to see how we get on.

Reckon I might do one more season then move on. I've been approached by various clubs such as both Rangers and Celtic, West Ham, Newcastle etc so I could get a decent job. Might be tempted by the Rangers or Celtic job for a season or two, be good to try and win the treble or something.

Don't go to the Old Firm, you'll lose interest quickly. West Ham are a perfect club to build up to challenge the top of that league, if they're not there already.

I'd stay with Edinburgh City, but then again I lost interest in a Dumbarton save as soon as we became a regular top flight team, it's a huge slog to get any further.

Don't go to the Old Firm, you'll lose interest quickly. West Ham are a perfect club to build up to challenge the top of that league, if they're not there already.
I'd stay with Edinburgh City, but then again I lost interest in a Dumbarton save as soon as we became a regular top flight team, it's a huge slog to get any further.
Aye, I have no doubt I could establish us as a bottom 6 regular at least but I'm not sure I could be arsed with the hassle. If I do head for one of the Old Firm it will only be for a season or two before heading elsewhere.

Out of interest does winning numerous domestic trophies with either of them increase your reputation much? I reckon the ship has sailed on the West Ham job after kb'ing them a month or so ago.

On 14/03/2019 at 21:52, RandomGuy. said:

5c8accf01737c_TimoWerner_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.5fac59afc807fac75e6b2808b629301c.png

By far the best striker I've used in this years game. 

Just so folk know, hes scored four goals in the 12 months after I posted this :lol:

It's been almost 30 years and this is the first time I've ever come across this. Not the sort of thing you want just before the first game of the season. We won the Champions League for the 2nd ever time last season. My team right now might be the best it's ever been. Eventually I'll move on to a new save. But this save is good just to have in the background whilst I'm doing other things as it doesn't require much thought.

image.thumb.png.94fa1478e066c7c936b30b58769c91d4.png

7 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Started a career as Scotland boss. Doing okay but I fear shit's about to go horribly wrong as there's no way I'll be able to adequately replace McGregor & Gordon when they retire in just a few months.

Yup :lol: I've tried Clark a few times but nothing special, McGillivary (sp?) at Portsmouth looks sort of alright aswell.

One of those "pray a newgen appears" scenarios :lol:

On 14/03/2019 at 21:52, RandomGuy. said:

5c8accf01737c_TimoWerner_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.5fac59afc807fac75e6b2808b629301c.png

By far the best striker I've used in this years game. 

I started a RB Leipzig game, their squad is genuinely unreal - I only brought in Hany Mukhtar as I needed to add more Germans to the squad and sold Ilsanker, the rest of the squad I've kept and it's near perfect. Werner had scored 22 goals for me and I'd just reached the start of November.  The Leipzig team is suited so well to an attacking, high press game and it makes them almost unbeatable, so much so that I got bored of it and decided to start a new save over the weekend.  I'd won every game I'd played aside from a 4-3 defeat to Dortmund on the opening day of the season (stupidly changed my formation and was 4-0 down inside 20 minutes, change to normal formation and pulled it back to 4-3) and a 0-0 draw with Hertha which I had barely anyone fit due to pish scheduling. Just got bored watching me steamroll teams and waiting for Dortmund or Bayern matches to see a bit of a challenge.

If you're at a team with a bit of cash though I'd recommend raiding Leipzig - Bruma as a left wing inside forward was probably more ridiculous than Werner and Mattheus Cunha scored about 15 from the right side too. Take your pick of the defenders too, all of them are beasts with huge potential.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I started a RB Leipzig game, their squad is genuinely unreal - I only brought in Hany Mukhtar as I needed to add more Germans to the squad and sold Ilsanker, the rest of the squad I've kept and it's near perfect. Werner had scored 22 goals for me and I'd just reached the start of November.  The Leipzig team is suited so well to an attacking, high press game and it makes them almost unbeatable, so much so that I got bored of it and decided to start a new save over the weekend.  I'd won every game I'd played aside from a 4-3 defeat to Dortmund on the opening day of the season (stupidly changed my formation and was 4-0 down inside 20 minutes, change to normal formation and pulled it back to 4-3) and a 0-0 draw with Hertha which I had barely anyone fit due to pish scheduling. Just got bored watching me steamroll teams and waiting for Dortmund or Bayern matches to see a bit of a challenge.

If you're at a team with a bit of cash though I'd recommend raiding Leipzig - Bruma as a left wing inside forward was probably more ridiculous than Werner and Mattheus Cunha scored about 15 from the right side too. Take your pick of the defenders too, all of them are beasts with huge potential.

Yup, I got bored halfway through the second season, had finished 3rd season one, but was obliterating every side going in the second season. Signed the young striker from Salzburg, and him and Bruma both had goal a game averages after 20 games :lol: