Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

I'm getting bored with my existing saves, think I'll try something new, although I may wait until the winter update comes out.  I'm thinking of doing a watered down version of the Youth Academy challenge where I take a league two team and rely solely on players that come through the system plus players already at the team.  Thinking of taking Queen's Park

Don't know if it'll be many peoples cup of tea but I downloaded a DB off the steam workshop which has certain leagues (Scotland premiership is one) going back to the 03/04 season, might start a save on that for something different. Be interesting to see how certain teams and players pan out on it compared to how they did IRL.

41 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Don't know if it'll be many peoples cup of tea but I downloaded a DB off the steam workshop which has certain leagues (Scotland premiership is one) going back to the 03/04 season, might start a save on that for something different. Be interesting to see how certain teams and players pan out on it compared to how they did IRL.

Interesting, let me know how it goes and the name of the database, if it's good I'll give it a go

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Interesting, let me know how it goes and the name of the database, if it's good I'll give it a go

Link to the database on steam - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1659332278

Started a save with Blackburn on it. In the Premier League and got a decent team so let's see how it goes.

Edited by C. Muir

League 1 title secured in early March with only 1 defeat which was a 3-0 pumping against Brechin.

One thing I can't get my head around is how quickly players can decline over the course of a season. I signed 3.5 star rated (leading player for most League 1 sides) Mitch Megginson at the start of the season and despite being in ridiculously good form I noticed he had tailed off dramatically in terms of stats and star rating. He's now only 2.5 stars and most of his attributes are down. Is this to do with training part-time or something? He's just one example, I've had numerous good players, who range in age from about 18 to 30, suffer the same fate. FWIW my loan players tend to improve if they are in good form.

I normally start off at Vanarama level down south and certainly didn't notice such drastic decreases in stats and ratings in those saves.

20 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Link to the database on steam - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1659332278

Started a save with Blackburn on it. In the Premier League and got a decent team so let's see how it goes.

Only a couple of weeks into it but putting the save aside to start a Scottish one. Shame it's only the Premier League that has the old squads and in the lower leagues the teams are in the divisions they are now (apart from the Championship/first division where obviously Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Partick Thistle are in the Premier League as per 03/04 and St Johnstone, St Mirren and Accies in Championship). Not doing the lower leagues also means Annan are in it instead of Gretna. Also all greyed out players in the lower league teams bar a few (Broadfoot is in St Mirren, Peter MacDonald St Johnstone, Kevin James Falkirk) so be interesting to see who ends up in their squads.

Opted to start with Kilmarnock.

5c70114b5fb35_squadatstart.thumb.png.2ff44cee0d4cf1dcfa50e448795df869.png

No transfer or wage budget :lol: So will need to sell before buying or work with what I've got.

Never realised I was in Europe either. Derry City up coming in the first qualifying round.

Edited by C. Muir

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

League 1 title secured in early March with only 1 defeat which was a 3-0 pumping against Brechin.

One thing I can't get my head around is how quickly players can decline over the course of a season. I signed 3.5 star rated (leading player for most League 1 sides) Mitch Megginson at the start of the season and despite being in ridiculously good form I noticed he had tailed off dramatically in terms of stats and star rating. He's now only 2.5 stars and most of his attributes are down. Is this to do with training part-time or something? He's just one example, I've had numerous good players, who range in age from about 18 to 30, suffer the same fate. FWIW my loan players tend to improve if they are in good form.

I normally start off at Vanarama level down south and certainly didn't notice such drastic decreases in stats and ratings in those saves.

I wouldn't read too much into the star ratings, its entirely dependent on your assistants scouting ability. Once you move into a new league it sometimes seems to take a while for them to work out how your players compare.

One cracking signing can force everyones rating down too.

Ross Docherty was a 5* player in League 1 for me, 4* as soon as I made it to the Championship, and 2* in the top flight. If I compare him now to the screenshot from when I signed him, hes a better player now.

I've also noticed the numbers you get in scout reports are misleading. I've had better players with lower numbers, purely because they've just signed for a team. Was scouting players in September who's contracts were going to expire at the seasons end.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Watford are finally champions of the English Championship 2026.  Finished with 106 points and had the league sewn up by the end of March.  I've just started my Premiership season and it has not started well, two 3-0 defeats (one away to Man Utd, one at home to Brighton) and I fear I've got my squad build and tactics completely wrong.  I thought with my team pissing the Championship I'd just be able to make a few quality additions and survive in the Prem but my god I've been battered solid for 180 minutes so far.  Will f**k around with the tactics a bit and see if I can get something that works a bit better but I'm fearing a Brechin-esque season here which will no doubt kill any reputation I've built up in these 8 years. Sad!

Watford are finally champions of the English Championship 2026. 

Thank god. I was starting to worry about what it would do to your sanity if you failed to win the league.

When I took Derby up I played a fairly defensive tactic and tended to stick with a cautious mentality. I played with 2 centre mids and a defensive midfielder, two attacking wide men and a lone striker. That done me proud until I built up a bit of cash and was able to buy better players. I think the actual tactic I used was the possession based one.

5c73f50a0da11_LadbrokesPremiership_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.f7bee8d6200e3e892d14bb6103833e6f.png

Collapsed after the Winter break, could barely score a goal. Made the semi final of the Scottish Cup though, which bagged me £2.5m and look a cert to finish 7th, so not a bad season at all.

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Thank god. I was starting to worry about what it would do to your sanity if you failed to win the league.

When I took Derby up I played a fairly defensive tactic and tended to stick with a cautious mentality. I played with 2 centre mids and a defensive midfielder, two attacking wide men and a lone striker. That done me proud until I built up a bit of cash and was able to buy better players. I think the actual tactic I used was the possession based one.

Aye, I plan on reverting back to that 4-1-2-3 DM formation and playing on the counter. I've got pace and power in attack so it should work in theory, I just worry my defensive midfielder isn't good enough to protect things. I also worry that I'll get the "can't hit a coo's erse with a banjo" Cassidy back rather than the "give me the fucking ball and I'll fucking score it" Cassidy that fired me to the title when I go back to a lone striker. Needs must though.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:47, The Moonster said:

Same in my save - Dobbie scored 48 goals then retired. Bizarre, their team is largely Championship squad filler.

I think there can be a bit of an issue in the game with teams that start well - I had Brechin romping League 1 with largely the same squad they start with (Hendry on loan from St Johnstone being the only player of note they'd signed) and they were dicking everybody 3 and 4 nil every week.  There also seems to be a bit of an problem in my save with my flat mate - he currently has 9 players on loan and it doesn't appear to be stopping him from adding more if he wants them, yet I can only get a maximum of 5. No idea what's going on.

In my Watford save I'm sitting top by 3 points after 36 games.  I still have FFP hanging over me and I'm eager to find out what happens there, could very well be resigning at the end of the season if I get an embargo or some shit. Ryan Cassidy is still the most infuriating striker in the game, btw.

Depends where he's getting them from. In my experience, the 5 loan limit only applies to domestic loans. There's no limit on how many players you can loan from clubs in England or abroad.

Could be wrong though. My FM knowledge refers to older versions.

My almost full regen Pars team will be moving into our brand new 28701 seater stadium in 2 years time (2031). Sadly it's named Jim Leishman Park which is a terrible name for a stadium. I was really hoping it'd be named after other club icons such Norrie McCathie, Borja Mayoral or even the club's greatest manager Jamie Stevenson. Would have been great to manage us to further glory in my own stadium.

Would love to know where this new stadium would be based as we're still playing at EEP until it's build and there's not much free land left in Dunfermline :lol:.

5c77a65381b85_LadbrokesPremiership_OverviewStages-3.thumb.png.246ba1548c0f9a8c12575b5751df92a1.png

Meh season, considering last seasons finish. Full Billy Brown'ng over the lack of goals in the second half of the season, we sort of sorted it after the split but playing fucking dross helped.

Board is expanding the stadium to 8k now, we were selling out the 4k stadium thanks to away crowds most weeks, so we'll play the next season at Rugby Park.

Went back to my Ross County save, and after initially extending the ground to 10,000, they are building a new one which will seat just over 21,000 (2028 completion date). Annoyingly, the council are paying for it and will own it, so I doubt I will get the ticket money? 

Managed to win the title in 2024/2025 Ladbrokes Premiership Title which I was absolutely chuffed with. With the league coefficient going up, it meant we got into the Champions League group stages automatically. 

This is mostly the side that got us that historic title. 

County.thumb.jpeg.922e6ad2623006b41f74a9022dc44bae.jpeg

Really enjoying this years edition, probably due to the fact I have a laptop which can handle it, able to get through a season in a day usually. 

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Went back to my Ross County save, and after initially extending the ground to 10,000, they are building a new one which will seat just over 21,000 (2028 completion date). Annoyingly, the council are paying for it and will own it, so I doubt I will get the ticket money? 

Would think youd get the ticket money but have to pay rent?