Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

5 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Not come across this before.  Just mucking around learning whats new and noticed that one of my staff applied for a job I had advertised.

Had that in FM18 as well, reserves/U19's staff applying for senior jobs

Won all my League cup, league games convincingly Come to the real stuff, beaten from Kilmarnock and Hibs (last min dodgy pen) and horsed out of the cup at home to St Mirren.  Not sure the 4-2-3-1 geggenwhatever is the way forward.

I seem to have the setting where Steve Brown ‘suggests players’ this actually means has actually gone ahead and signed 2 loan signings without my say so.  They are decent so not complaining but it’s a bit strange (and not realistic lol)

31 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Won all my League cup, league games convincingly Come to the real stuff, beaten from Kilmarnock and Hibs (last min dodgy pen) and horsed out of the cup at home to St Mirren.  Not sure the 4-2-3-1 geggenwhatever is the way forward.

I seem to have the setting where Steve Brown ‘suggests players’ this actually means has actually gone ahead and signed 2 loan signings without my say so.  They are decent so not complaining but it’s a bit strange (and not realistic lol)

I've settled on a counter attacking 4-4-1-1.

Beat Stranraer in the last minute then crushed Albion Rovers 3-0. Played Dundee United who scored direct from a cross, then a late header from a corner. Brought Swanson on, who beat three men down the wing and nutmegged the keeper (!!) before Steven Anderson scored in the 96th minute after some pinball in the box after a corner. Had me off my seat :lol:

How you finding the strikers? Kane and McMillan spend most of the game offside, and Watt has had an odd game where he's brutal, a game where he's incredible, and s whole lot of meh in between. Scougall my top scorer with four goals in the Betfred so far. Just Edinburgh City to play.

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Did any of you take over saints research?

I didn't, someone must have considering Wotherspoons position change though? 

Think we're the only Scottish club without player faces, everyone else has new ones.

I didn't, someone must have considering Wotherspoons position change though? 
Think we're the only Scottish club without player faces, everyone else has new ones.

Kilmarnock don’t have any either. Think it’s due to club photos not been taken in time or the clubs not being willing to share the photos with SI.

Made a start on this last night. Going to dabble in the Bundesliga to get a feel for it before doing my usual Vanarama North or South team save with zero loyalties and just trying to make my way to the top.

I normally just let my assistant/other staff deal with all aspects of training cause I can't be arsed but I'm thinking I should really deal with it myself.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How you finding the strikers? Kane and McMillan spend most of the game offside, and Watt has had an odd game where he's brutal, a game where he's incredible, and s whole lot of meh in between. Scougall my top scorer with four goals in the Betfred so far. Just Edinburgh City to play.

The 4-2-3-1 by default has a pressing forward by default which is maybe not Watts game have tried him in that formation in his natural position and the only difference is he seems to be less frustrated in games.  Same for me he is awful and then brilliant had a couple of +8 from him. Wright was amazing against the lower league teams but seems to be honking against the premier teams.

Only other formation I have tried is wide 4-4-2 as I wanted to get 2 up top with Kane as a target man, didn’t really work for me and saw me 2 down to Hibs in 20 mins.  Changed back to the previous formation for fear of going full Celtic.  Not really played McMillan as I cant seem to fit the poacher roll in.  I’m retraining him as a shadow striker.

Surprised with that from Scougall, I’m playing him in his preferred shadow striker roll and he has been pretty anonymous.  I’m having the same issues of just where does he play in any formation that seems to benefit the majority of the rest of the teams strengths haha

4 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The 4-2-3-1 by default has a pressing forward by default which is maybe not Watts game have tried him in that formation in his natural position and the only difference is he seems to be less frustrated in games.  Same for me he is awful and then brilliant had a couple of +8 from him. Wright was amazing against the lower league teams but seems to be honking against the premier teams.

Only other formation I have tried is wide 4-4-2 as I wanted to get 2 up top with Kane as a target man, didn’t really work for me and saw me 2 down to Hibs in 20 mins.  Changed back to the previous formation for fear of going full Celtic.  Not really played McMillan as I cant seem to fit the poacher roll in.  I’m retraining him as a shadow striker.

Surprised with that from Scougall, I’m playing him in his preferred shadow striker roll and he has been pretty anonymous.  I’m having the same issues of just where does he play in any formation that seems to benefit the majority of the rest of the teams strengths haha

I'm playing him as Attacking Midfielder with Attack. Worth mentioning the "preferred role" is simply the AI looking at their stats and working it out, they can play better in other roles.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning the "preferred role" is simply the AI looking at their stats and working it out, they can play better in other roles.

Ahh that's good to know, messes with my OCD though as I like to see all green full dots on the tactics screen :-)