Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

An unforeseen event meant that I only got about an hour of play in last night, but in that time something terrible has happened.  When I took the Watford job there was a young regen out on loan at Saitama SC (in Japan) who was a fairly amazing wonderkid. His loan ended on 1st January and I was buzzing to fire him straight into my team. I then realise he's not got a contract worth £8K a week so I can't register him. I go to offer the contract and he says he doesn't want to sign as he's unhappy at the club. Next day he comes to me and says he feels he's out-grown Watford and needs to move on.  How is it possible to have out grown Watford playing in fucking Japan for 6 months?  Tried to convince him to stay but he's not having it. The kid is clearly worth at least £20 million with his stats (he could walk into most EPL sides) but as he has no pedigree nobody is giving me more than £4 million and he's getting pissed off that I'm not accepting bids.

Given that I spent 4 years at Falkirk patiently waiting for the next Messi and receiving only the next Mark Yardley, I am utterly fizzing that the first wonderkid I get to work with is looking to ditch me before I can even field him.

January window had me signing Ryan Blair as back up for the DM role. We also signed Jai Quitongo to rotate on the right wing, and Callum Smith, of Dunfermline but at Aberdeen ingame, to rotate with Anderson. Both cost £1k.

Sold Steven Boyd for £10k.

By far the biggest deal was a £30k deal for a 17yo newgen at Airdrie. Had every Scottish team listed under "Major Interest" but none had made a move, should earn me a fortune. Spent the whole career developing a 17yo striker to the brink of the first team, was valued at over £20k when he fell out with me as I wasn't able to loan him out, refused to enter contract talks and signed a PCA for Hibernian, let him leave for £500, heartbroken.

Into Irn Bru Final against League One Ross County. Finally got a decent away cup tie, Celtic at Parkhead, just shy of 30k turned up so I earned just under £300k, absolutely massive for me. Ended up drawing 1-1 with my only shot on goal :lol:

5c574158dcef0_LadbrokesChampionship_OverviewStages-5.thumb.png.5d39050881160d1c83415ebdbce12337.png

I'm honestly sorry for taking over this thread, but if I start a career thread it'll go to shite and ill be sacked in the first few months. Had no idea you got £500k for finishing 3rd, we've got £700k in the bank after that and the Celtic cup tie.

We won the Irn Bru cup, but Hearts knocked us out of the Scottish. 

No chance I'll get promoted, got a good squad but the amount of games over such a short period will probably kill me here. Might try and have a tilt at the title next season.

Thumped Partick 5-2 in the first play off game.

Squeezed by QOS 3-1.

I play Hamilton to decide who'll be in the top flight next season.

Squad won't be good enough for that level I don't believe.

Beat Hamilton 2-0 in the first leg, 10 minutes into Leg Two and my man Bruce Anderson makes the aggregate score 3-0.

@The Moonster Dumbarton are in the Premiership :lol:

We'll be turning towards full time football this Summer aswell, not sure what this will do for us, can't help but imagine we'll just end up spending more money.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Beat Hamilton 2-0 in the first leg, 10 minutes into Leg Two and my man Bruce Anderson makes the aggregate score 3-0.

@The Moonster Dumbarton are in the Premiership :lol:

We'll be turning towards full time football this Summer aswell, not sure what this will do for us, can't help but imagine we'll just end up spending more money.

This makes me very happy and is a nice distraction from my own career.  Bruce Anderson is some boi, he fired my Falkirk team to glory as well.

Things at Watford have gone sour - I made it to the play-offs, humped Huddersfield 5-2 in the semi finals, Everton in the final - I had 26 shots at goal to their 1 (not efforts on target for them), the game finished 0-0 and I lost 5-4 on penalties. As if that wasn't heart wrenching enough, the board come to set initial budgets for the Championship and I see the circa £22M I had sitting in my transfer budget be reduced to £600K and my wage budget goes from £800K to around £600K. I took over half way through this season and they were already well off meeting financial fair play rules, but now we look to make a loss of £40M over that 3 year period (£15M allowed) and this is even with me selling my best players like Fred for £20M to Arsenal in January and bringing in younger regens as replacements. As a further annoyance, my board told me that selling some valuable players would be appreciated as they look to cut costs, so I sell Domingos Quina to Zaragoza for £8M and at the next confidence meeting they tell me that selling Quina was a mistake. Cannot fucking win.

Does your club end up completely fucked if it breaks financial fair play rules?  I know it says that promotion could be stopped and a transfer embargo enforced but does anyone have experience of it?  Despite the slashed budget I'm fairly confident in the small squad I've got to get to the play-offs, but I'd hate to go a full season toiling with this shit to then be denied promotion. Am I best getting out of here as soon as possible? 

Ryan Cassidy must be the most frustrating striker in the game - could beat a whole team with a blindfold on but he cannot finish his fucking dinner. 

Started like a fucking train in the top flight, melting Rangers 3-0 at home and sitting joint top after six games, same eleven whod got ne promoted all playing key roles.

Started trying to drop new signings in, but results started getting worse and worse, ending with a 4-0 rinsing away at Ibrox. Returned to my trusty eleven and we picked up some points. 2022 though so we get a huge "winter break", no games in November/December and I've got a game every three days in January to make up for it. Going to be a struggle.

All my signings were rated higher than those I had, but seem to perform worse so far. Signings were 

Jamie Sneddon - GK

Ryan Porteous, Tom Heaton - CB

James Penrice - LB

Jack Thomson - DM

Moses Makasi - CM

Scott Wright - LW

Souleymane Coulibaly - ST

My current save has gone really stale, I'm basically resigning at the end of every season in order to find a new club to try and get that spark back. I've come to the realisation it has ran it's course and it's time for a fresh one. My career went as follows York City > Brentford > Napoli > Man Utd > Ajax.

As for a new save I have no idea where to start. I love starting in the Vanarama North or South but I fear it will just pan out the way my last save did and I need something fresh. I was considering starting off at Edinburgh City and trying to stick with them as long as possible. Anyone got any suggestions? I like to start in the lowest league possible without it being the juniors or some non contract nightmare but I don't like anything too obscure like the Gambian 4th division. Edinburgh City seems like it could be fun but I'm open to suggestions.

FWIW I have a day of f**k all planned due to the shite weather, some cans in the fridge and my better half is out for the duration so HWFG.

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

My current save has gone really stale, I'm basically resigning at the end of every season in order to find a new club to try and get that spark back. I've come to the realisation it has ran it's course and it's time for a fresh one. My career went as follows York City > Brentford > Napoli > Man Utd > Ajax.

As for a new save I have no idea where to start. I love starting in the Vanarama North or South but I fear it will just pan out the way my last save did and I need something fresh. I was considering starting off at Edinburgh City and trying to stick with them as long as possible. Anyone got any suggestions? I like to start in the lowest league possible without it being the juniors or some non contract nightmare but I don't like anything too obscure like the Gambian 4th division. Edinburgh City seems like it could be fun but I'm open to suggestions.

FWIW I have a day of f**k all planned due to the shite weather, some cans in the fridge and my better half is out for the duration so HWFG.

I try and avoid "big" clubs for that reason, tbh.

Whenever I hit a rut I use one of the editor games. Should have a look at the thread in this section with all the different league set ups, in case one catches your fancy.

I’m normally the same as you. Used to always start in the conference north/south and try build them up as much as possible. That eventually changed to Parma and I had a could of great saves with them.

What I did to change it up was find a smaller nation (Romania or somewhere like that) and go one of the bigger teams who are in Europe. I’ve always loved the challenge of establishing a team as a force in the league while trying to crack Europe. Either by qualifying for the champions league group stages or getting to the knockout rounds of the Europa league. Always a challenge to try and keep a hold of your better players before they go off to the big 5 leagues for big money or then trying to replace them while still dominating the league.

I realise that all sound very Celtic but I think the fact you have no idea who any of the players are also helps.

Had a cracking season ages ago with Dinamo Bucharest. Chose them for the sole reason that they had Marius Niculae up top.

I am a fanny. After ranting about how shite the game is it turns out I was playing the full game and not the streamlined version [emoji23]. Few weeks wasted on that tripe.

StMirren are vastly over rated its unbelievable.I finished 5th.

Livi finished bottom in my first season, StJohnstone finished 11th [emoji23]. QotS won the Championship [emoji23].

Sold my Morgan sell on clause for 900k. Invested the bonus prize money on youth development and Training facilities.

Tried to sign Shankland on a pre contract, Ayr were due 300k??? Load of bollocks. So offered them 100k and they bit my hand off for it.

Signed Hardie on a pre contract too. Bit risky with them 2 and Mullen as my 3 strikers but I think they will come good.

Picked my Ayr save back up and managed to finish 3rd in the Championship once again, leading to the playoffs.  This time it went a bit better!

Only drawback is that I have lost Shankland due to a flaw in the game.  In a desparate attempt to keep him for one more season I had promised him promotion this season, what ended up happening was that as soon as it was confirmed I couldn't get automatic promotion (Dundee Utd won the league by 10 points) he got all disgruntled and demanded a transfer.  A bunch of MLS clubs triggered his 300k release clause and I ended up losing him on the eve of the playoffs!  Fortunately a young regen named Gary Bruce stepped up and bagged 5 goals in the playoffs playing alongside Craig Moore.  

Off season plans, so far have signed Marcus Fraser and Chris Kane on pre-contracts, looking to pick up a midfielder and a right winger to provide competition for  the inconsistent Declan McDaid

image.thumb.png.79b27201e41e4cb854ec96710028d7b6.png

23 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

QotS won the Championship emoji23.png.

Same in my save - Dobbie scored 48 goals then retired. Bizarre, their team is largely Championship squad filler.

I think there can be a bit of an issue in the game with teams that start well - I had Brechin romping League 1 with largely the same squad they start with (Hendry on loan from St Johnstone being the only player of note they'd signed) and they were dicking everybody 3 and 4 nil every week.  There also seems to be a bit of an problem in my save with my flat mate - he currently has 9 players on loan and it doesn't appear to be stopping him from adding more if he wants them, yet I can only get a maximum of 5. No idea what's going on.

In my Watford save I'm sitting top by 3 points after 36 games.  I still have FFP hanging over me and I'm eager to find out what happens there, could very well be resigning at the end of the season if I get an embargo or some shit. Ryan Cassidy is still the most infuriating striker in the game, btw.

10 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Some players are a bit weird in this game, in my Ayr Save Michael Rose has scored 10 free kicks per season

Hes incredible, been part of my rise up thr divisions with Dumbarton. Scores free kicks and penalties for fun.