Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

27 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I stumbled upon a tactic (more tactical instructions/player roles) that was basically a cheat. In my second season with Roma I won the league, cup and CL without losing a game

Does it involve gengen press by any chance? I'm coming towards the end of a season with Liverpool and Ive lost two games all season - one early on and one FA cup game where I had to field a bunch of kids. Just put 6 past PSG at Anfield in the CL.

Feels like I've found a cheat too!

Does it involve gengen press by any chance? I'm coming towards the end of a season with Liverpool and Ive lost two games all season - one early on and one FA cup game where I had to field a bunch of kids. Just put 6 past PSG at Anfield in the CL.
Gengenpress with attacking fullbacks and inside forwards set to narrow. 4-2-3-1

9 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Gengenpress with attacking fullbacks and inside forwards set to narrow. 4-2-3-1

Similar, but not the same. Im playing a Klopp-esque 4-3-3. I am using attacking fullbacks and inside forwards though

I was trying out different tactics to start depending on my team. For part time teams I didn't want to do gegenpress, despite its success with bigger teams, as I thought it would knacker my teams so went more direct. I tried counter attacking or cantenaccio when I was a smaller team away to a bigger team. The results were always shite.

For every game, for every team, home or away, gegenpress. That tactic alone seems like a bit of a cheat. The only adjustments I make is whether I play with a DMC or AMC with my two MCs, how attacking my full backs are and whether both or only one of my wide players are inside forwards.

I was trying out different tactics to start depending on my team. For part time teams I didn't want to do gegenpress, despite its success with bigger teams, as I thought it would knacker my teams so went more direct. I tried counter attacking or cantenaccio when I was a smaller team away to a bigger team. The results were always shite.

For every game, for every team, home or away, gegenpress. That tactic alone seems like a bit of a cheat. The only adjustments I make is whether I play with a DMC or AMC with my two MCs, how attacking my full backs are and whether both or only one of my wide players are inside forwards.
I had a fair amount of success with 'wing play' as York but I'm instantly eyeing up the gegenpress for Brentford. I used it with Leverkusen in the beta and was skooshing the Bundesliga.

Much like yourself I thought the gegenpress would be too complex/testing for the level of player I had so I never even tried it in the national leagues. In past versions of the game I've always had most success keeping it really simple with a part-time or non-league outfit. As I make my way up the leagues I tend to gradually introduce the more detailed and complex tactics but this year may well be different.

So by the sounds of this I should try a gegenpress strategy.  I've been using Wing Play in most of my saves and with my Billericay save I went the same but with a 4-4-2, the results were absolute garbage, 9 points from my first 8 games (with the biggest budget in my division).  I switched to a 4-1-4-1 fluid counter-attack and have won 2 straight including a 5-1 pumping of Dartford. which as a former Ebbsfleet shareholder made me quite happy. 

Problem I now have is having 4 senior strikers on the books but only using 1 of them each match.  Plus a bunch of unhappy wingers on big wages that I can't move.

Oh and shite defenders, although I just picked up a veteran no-nonsense CB from Boreham Wood

Just started the UK League database, yet again going Ross County. Fair to say, think the Scottish sides are going to struggle a bit...

Getting this message when trying to submit a team, if I take out my subs and leave three or so there seems to be no issue, as far as I am aware they are all trained by the club? 

UK League.png

UK League 1.png

b7LelF6.png

9TBWeKP.png

AhuDic9.png

qxflOIa.png

Good season that. Got absolutely destroyed in the cup final, which was annoying, and my best player is away to Poland for next season, but still. Looked like I was going to get European football as cup runners up, but Fjolnir managed to go from 2nd to 6th in the last 2 weeks of the season... The under 19's did well too, which is nice.

Nearly made a complete arse of Billericay, was on the verge of the sack, needed 10 points from 15 and then lost and drew meaning I needed to win my next 3 games.  Switched to a 4-4-2 gegenpress and never looked back winning all my remaining games and getting promoted via the playoffs

image.png.15548df776cf706ea0b7257ddaab0b43.png

Received this as a gift yesterday.

After the 3rd attempt trying to install in (steam not accepting the product code and blocking me out, even though I have the fucking disc), I finally managed to have a quick shot.

First impressions are the layout is horrific, don't know why they need to f**k about with the game every year. This is the first version on my pc that is struggling to run, so I need to update the graphics card. 

StMirren are actually better than I thought they were going to be but I can't terminate any of the loans, assuming till January, so i am pretty much stuck with what I have got.

Far from impressed, I am just glad I didn't spend over £30 on it.

On 20/12/2018 at 22:24, Mr X said:

I started a game with Man Utd and have adopted a geggenpressing 4-3-3  which has resulted in me not losing a competitive game yet this season (I'm in January). It looks a little something like this - I just tweak it a little bit, sometimes moving the DM into the midfield to make a flat midfield or playing a CAM in a 4-2-3-1.

--------------GK----------------

WB (S) CB (D) CB (D) WB (S)

------------DLP (D)-----------

------BBM (S)------AP(A)------

--IF (A)----------------IF (A)--

-----------CF (A)----------

De Gea has kept alot of clean sheets and the worst things that have happened so far are a run of disappointing draws against teams that I really should have beaten, but a couple of minor tweaks of my tactic and we're running again. Highlights of my tenure so far are skelping Liverpool 4-1, beating Man City 1-0 in the league and horsing Juventus 5-1 in the Champions League group stage.

As someone who was never particularly good with the in-depth tactical interface, I welcomed the addition of "styles" to use as starting points.

I think theyve got the loan rules wrong, certainly for Scotland. Theres a maximum of 5 in the squad but Im pretty sure this shouldnt include loans from other countries, as these are technically transfers.

I've just let a player go thinking I had a couple of loan options to bring in as replacements <_<