Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Bit of a tough life to start in the Championship.  Won 2 of my first games with the 4-2-3-1 before losing 3 on the bounce going into the International break.  Decided to switch to a 4-4-1-1 for the game against Brighton, for 80 minutes it was fantastic, but then my team shit the bed

Sigh

image.png.d92877da82d91a37fe40071d1d30d25e.png

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You still going with 4-4-2? Last few years I've found sticking with a winning formation always leads to other teams figuring ye out in the 2nd half of the season and nose diving. I always go for two formations now (usually one home and one away) with three variants of tactics within them (one more direct, one more counter, one more attacking for instance).

SI always claim AI can't "learn" your tactics any more than you learn them. I'm four seasons into a Roma save, with one tactic I've had so ce halfway through season one, and it still works.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Nah, I have 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 formations trained up, but I seem even easier to beat with those.  Think I might just be shite at the game.

Watch comprehensive highlights, and watch replays of goals you concede. It's tedious as f**k but it does help. Used to concede at least how goals from balls over my defence, simply telling my defence to hold a lower line helped.

Generally you'll need to have little tweak here and there in game at a lower level.

On 12/12/2018 at 14:54, C. Muir said:

5c112084e3006_rijekacelticndundee.png.642dfb4db095e6681b0679c26bc2c85b.png

Bittersweet month. Europa League progression but a narrow defeat to Celtic in the cup replay and an absolutely woeful home performance against lowly Dundee. Made numerous changes for that game cause of the 2 europa league ties and back fired big time. Now 6 points behind Celtic with them still having a game in hand.

Europa round of 16 draw....

5c11210e74290_europaleaguelast16draw.png.0b698d2d4ba3731ddcfa3b1488c6c78a.png

Got a 1-1 draw at home to Burnley and lost 4-2 away, was getting pummeled 4-0 after about half an hour so at least I managed to keep the end score a bit respectable :lol: Burnley went onto the semi final and lost to Chelsea, who then went and beat Celtic in the final.

Ended the league campaign woefully with 5 defeats in 6 games so ended up finishing 3rd behind Rangers. Hibsed it, if you like. Celtic now have 10 in a row.

5c14e1d67212b_marchtomay2021.png.ea05d4ec65c91707727ebff5a369ceb5.png

Onto the following season (my 4th) and here's the player movement.

5c14e2c88a5db_transferssummer2021.thumb.png.79d20276b8b8b127ec59778b8b53b0cc.png

5c14e2d89cb4c_releasedsummer2021.png.865f6f3ed2f9a71b066d3ccda8a41117.png

See how this season goes but had slight consideration to call it a day and head to England if I can't break Celtics dominance this year. Already snubbed interviews with the likes of West Brom, Villa, West Ham throughout the save. Suppose I could do both and just run it as 2 different saves mind you.

Edited by C. Muir

1 minute ago, Karpaty said:

Is this worth buying? I’ve found the last couple of years they have basically went to complex and not being able to win a game. 

Best idea if you're unsure is playing the demo, sure it's still available for free.

XtRxlki.png

Season one in Iceland, had been predicted to come 11th I think so pretty pleased with that. Mildly fucked it for myself with just 1 win in the last 4 games, but still not bad. Quite enjoying Iceland, main downside is that there's about 4 months between the end of one season and start of the next.

22 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Is this worth buying? I’ve found the last couple of years they have basically went to complex and not being able to win a game. 

I’ve found this years to be a bit easier in terms of tactics. They don’t just leave you to do all of the instructions as they have provided a good variety of pre made tactical set ups. I’m sure you can still do it all yourself if you want though. 

Only thing I’ve found more complex is training. Not even attempted that myself this year. Just given it all to the assistant manager.

Just discovered that people out there save the game before the youth intake, and just keep loading the game until they get a couple of World Class youngsters.

The extent people go to for this game is bizarre.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just discovered that people out there save the game before the youth intake, and just keep loading the game until they get a couple of World Class youngsters.

I have raided foreign clubs and found some excellent youngsters on my Hearts save, two 18 year olds from Portugal and a 19 year old from Japan and from Scotland  a 18 year old keeper from the Morton youth intake.

No need to keep reloading the game.

My first season in the Championship with Portsmouth is drawing to a close, I have confirmed survival with 2 games to spare but have made a tough go of it.  On January 1st I was 11th on 35 points after 26 games.  I have since only earned 12 points in my next 18 games and have fallen to 19th.  The AI obviously figured out my 4-4-1-1 so I switched back to a 4-2-3-1 and got enough points to survive but will need to come up with something different I think.  I have an 18 year old regen Attacking Midfielder named Carl Massey who is developing into a top prospect so I need a formation that includes an AMC (unless a Premier League club comes and buys him).  Either way 19th with the second lowest wage bill isn't too shabby

On 16/12/2018 at 10:11, RandomGuy. said:

Is there a youth intake every year?  This is the first FM I've played in over a decade so just wondering.

I was eventually sacked as Dumbarton gaffer after a valiant 1-1 draw with Raith Rovers. As disappointed as I was the Falkirk job was available and I sailed straight into it. I was 10 points behind Dunfermline who were in 8th, I clawed it back to go a point ahead of them going into the last day only to lose 1-0 to Ross County and enter the play-offs. I easily dispatched of Montrose with a 5-0 aggregate victory to then lose on penalties to Brechin in the final. Somehow I've kept the job though and built a fairly exciting attacking team for this coming season, first competitive match was away to Annan in the Betfred Cup where I won 4-0. Buzzing to get into league business now. I found that being a full-time team really helps with International loans, at Dumbarton nobody has any interest in joining you but at Falkirk I've been able to get some excellent players in (paying f**k all wages too) even at League 1 level. I got a wee defensive midfielder in the youth intake, everyone else seems fairly average aside from him.  He's out on loan at Huntly for this season.

Do folk tend to take a scattergun approach to youths or do you prefer to scout them heavily before signing?

Also, how the f**k do you set who your Chief Scout is?  I've got two scouts signed who are infinitely better than the actual Chief Scout and I can't change their roles.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is there a youth intake every year?  This is the first FM I've played in over a decade so just wondering.

There should be yeah, think it's February/March depending on what Country you're in.

Do folk tend to take a scattergun approach to youths or do you prefer to scout them heavily before signing?

Depends what level you're at, trials are handy to have a quick look at them.

Also, how the f**k do you set who your Chief Scout is?  I've got two scouts signed who are infinitely better than the actual Chief Scout and I can't change their roles.

Youll have to sign them to a new contract as a Chief Scout im sure

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There should be yeah, think it's February/March depending on what Country you're in.

Depends what level you're at, trials are handy to have a quick look at them.

Youll have to sign them to a new contract as a Chief Scout im sure

Cheers, I did try to offer a new deal as Chief Scout to one of my guys but it wouldn't let me offer that role, only gave me the option of Scout. Would I need to sack the existing Chief Scout first?

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Cheers, I did try to offer a new deal as Chief Scout to one of my guys but it wouldn't let me offer that role, only gave me the option of Scout. Would I need to sack the existing Chief Scout first?

No it should give you the option of offering it, strange one.