Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

9 hours ago, Tam M said:

Does anyone else dislike the training/tactical changes this year?

I've never bothered with the training, its a nice idea but looks too complicated.

I like the tactical changes, particularly the split into the different phases. Still cant find a tactic to get the best out of Dobbie though :( 

9 hours ago, Tam M said:

Never played last year's so dunno how "new" it is but having the option to pick a "style" (tiki taka, direct counter attack, etc.) and then tweak it is just so much easier than having to do all the different sliders and options yerself.

The training is still way too complex for me to sit and figure out a training schedule but I do enjoy the new tactical changes, if anything that has been simplified with the ability to choose a style and make some minor tweaks to suit your squad.

One thing I have also always struggled with, other than training, is set pieces. I've just left it on the default this year and it seems to be going ok but I feel I'm restricting myself a bit by not having a proper set piece routine set up.

Re: set pieces I worked out two corner routines a coupla years ago that have great results

Defending: Have no one on the posts. Get yer two centre backs to "mark tall player" and striker to "mark small player". Then yer full backs and two/three midfielders zonally mark along the six yard box. Whatever you have left (second striker/wingers/attacking midfielders) - leave one at the edge of the box and one or two remaining stay upfront. Doesn't lead to many goals lost, gets ye a few on the counter attack.

Attacking: both full backs stay back, one CB to attack far and one to attack near post one MC come short, one MC at edge of box and AMC (or striker if ye have none) attacking from deep.

Obviously it needs tweaked depending who you have hitting corners. I tend to mix up the positions between left/right a wee bit as well so it mixes it up rather than having to adjust it every game depending on who's playing. (Ie: AMC will come short for corners on the left but attack from deep on corners from right)

20 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ahh shite. I hate it when that happens. I just do the leagues by reputation and then amend if there's anything obvious I spot (ie Livingston woulda been in the 1st this year if I hadn't noticed they were the 18th ranked team by rep) but obviously never clicked that the rep/league didn't match up.

As for the fixture backlog that's a right arse. I can either leave all domestic competition on an equal priority for fixtures and that means teams in Europe get a bit of a backlog for the 2nd half of the season OR give the league priority. I prefer to leave equal priority because, in a 30 game league, most teams hit over half their games before Christmas and there's enough free dates in the 2nd half to even it up. Also if you have to wait until, like, Feb for Celtic to get through their league cup games then you end up with six league cup games in a month or something stupid.

Hope ye enjoy the prize money at season's end btw ;)

Yeah I noticed at the start of the season I was only scheduled to play 2 games a month in the second half of the season, don't mind that though as it means I can breeze through it. Nearly at the end of the season and still top of the league on the verge of winning it. Absolute limbs in the Challenge Cup Semi Final too. I drew 2-2 at home to Edinburgh City in the first leg and went 1-0 up in the second leg, they equalised in injury time and although it was a kick in the baws I was still confident ahead of extra time, or what I thought was extra time! Only when it came on the commentary "could that be the winning goal?" did I remember that theres an away goals rule :lol: Immediately set the mentality to very attacking and nabbed a winner :D

5be1df5309313_clydeccsemi.thumb.png.3f92d4016aa1b300f09ca9b736854e32.png

I play East Kilbride in the final.

Edited by C. Muir

Started my first save with Falkirk to see how I could fare with the current state of players we have. My initial target was to avoid a relegation battle/finish mid-table. Half way through the season the board asked me to reconsider the target to finish in the top half. I managed to finish 4th and ended up beating Dundee United 3-2 in the first play-off games with goals in the 91st minute and the 94th minute. Battled through in the semi-final asked Ayr and thumped St Mirren in the final. If only this could be like real life. Tom Dallison is unreal in this game, unfortunately his real life performances cause your eyes to bleed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 22.02.54.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 22.03.19.png

7 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Looking to pick this up, but smashed my laptop last week. Not got a great deal of spare cash, probably around £400, what is the best sort of thing I could get with that?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-17-by0511sa-17-3-intel-core-i3-laptop-1-tb-hdd-silver-10180945-pdt.html

I got that for £500 two week ago and I know I'm paying a bit extra for the massive screen. It runs the game like a dream tho'.

Curry's also let you buy things on hire purchase and I think you can pay extra whenever you can? So if you ordered it to pay back over a year but paid £400 in one whack ye wouldn't be fussed about the high interest on what's leftover.

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-17-by0511sa-17-3-intel-core-i3-laptop-1-tb-hdd-silver-10180945-pdt.html

I got that for £500 two week ago and I know I'm paying a bit extra for the massive screen. It runs the game like a dream tho'.

Curry's also let you buy things on hire purchase and I think you can pay extra whenever you can? So if you ordered it to pay back over a year but paid £400 in one whack ye wouldn't be fussed about the high interest on what's leftover.

Cheers mate, will probably end up doing something like that. Just want to be able to have a few nations loaded up and start a good journeyman save. 

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I have also been tempted to purchase a laptop mainly for playing FM, surfing the net and writing.

You might have just chose the laptop for me.

On 05/11/2018 at 21:40, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Hope ye enjoy the prize money at season's end btw ;)

Christ on a bike :lol:

5be2edffdc30b_prizemoney.png.cc3c904726c77654d6dca4df0477d5f2.png

Ended up winning the league and challenge cup double so a superb first season for me. Didn't make a great deal of changes to the squad this year apart from a couple of loans and youngsters on a free. I've retained the services of loanee Kane Hester for next seasons division 1 push as he done very well for me and seen his Arbroath contract was expring. Retained about half of my squad for next season with the other half free to move on as I either didn't use them enough or they won't be good enough for the step up. Unsurprisingly couldn't convince Goodwillie to sign a new deal so he's off to St Mirren at the end of his contract (a minor annoyance as he's signed up till 2020 irl but 2019 in the game, was the same in beta).

I couldn't be arsed screenshotting all the lower regional divisions and cups but here's how it went elsewhere. Aberdeen were having a sensational season in the Premier League and were on course for an invincible title winning season before bottling a home game to Celtic, losing 2-1. That result had Celtic a point ahead of them in the league and they never really recovered from that. They did stop a "treble treble" though, dumping Celtic out the Scottish Cup before going on to win the tournament.

Premier League

5be2efddac83d_premtable.png.9967f9e28db1007ebf1b261f909bee90.png 

Division 1

5be2efedb6826_d1table.png.6696515710341d0963d4e58fae84dd7d.png

Division 2

5be2effd0f902_d2table.png.0536a51e1d74f7204570eadbf9c39ff1.png

Division 3

5be2f00784b19_d3table.png.2c603468b8a16cfd7c783e03f1944e05.png

Highland

5be2f011e78b3_hghlandtable.png.bb14ff033c2ac139bf2d3a108d4c406c.png 

Lowland

5be2f01c7ce23_lowlandtable.png.a1267639f7466ccc908b42a33b08fbb6.png

5be2f02d7d5be_scfinal.png.e6e3c0615869c77ca6c4576581409c55.png5be2f03b41684_lcfinal.png.c9005b25ea36a5e459962b3427be674e.png

ccfinal.png.b42181c34aa24a3ddef7d8837d4099cc.png  acfinal.png.2b7c990463878cd31b79d3a83bbb1817.png

Edited by C. Muir

End of August in season 2. Only played 1 league game so far due to league cup and scottish cup progress including the scalp of now Premier League Ayr. Slightly unhappy at the goals against column so far so will probably alter my formation slightly especially when I'll be coming up against better sides in the league than last season. Had a 10k p/w  spare wage budget and 20k transfer budget after the generous prize money from last season but adjusted budgets and was left with 150k transfer budget and 4k or thereabouts spare wages. Any good free agents wouldn't entertain contract talks with me and the "interested in transfer" ones were largely garbage so didn't see the point in a large wage budget lying unused. May aswell pay for some players :lol:

5be3318e6bf85_transfersaug20191.thumb.png.25f020b77954ac63acc73f74abae57ef.png

5be3319b4f310_transfersaug20192.png.9aa6d76badf821b2519fe31cc9d7e543.png

5be331b02057f_squadaugseason2.thumb.png.df492c19b417f22c85a5093db6495879.png

5be331bd6eb8b_fixtures2019aug._sep.png.ce7c86a6aacaa3e46191f8b4bca751e5.png

Edited by C. Muir