Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Started 3 seasons ago with luton town in L2. Just promoted to championship. Signed mikey johnston from celtic for 1.4M but the greedy sod wanted 12.5k a week. Had to adjust my budget down to 500k transfer from 1.7M. 1 week later sold erahon (bought from st mirren for 60k at start of game) for an obscene 7m to fulham. Also signed 'borja garces' for 600k last year and now valued at 2.4m. Ivan Martinez young 17yo GK who could potentially become a wonderkid, and scott mctominay on loan from man utd (my affiliate team) 3 games into championship season 1 win and 2 draws aganst barnsley leeds and burton albion. Annoying my board arent letting me have any more than 5 coaches!! Always try to get 4 stars in each dept. Really speeds up youth progression.

Never posted about FM before, mostly because I'm shit. Don't know much about Scottish football either but started to get more into it over the last couple of years. 

Taken over Hibs. Decent budget although the season starts about 4 seconds after the previous one ended. Managed to get into the Europa League group stages having beaten Feyenoord and Sevilla on the way. Got lucky that they got a sending off in one of of the games so I gambled, stuck everyone up front and it paid off. Now got a tough group of Olympiakos, Fenerbache and Frankfurt. 2.5m just for getting that far. Pretty awesome. 

Won 3 of 4 in the league. Lost away at St Johnston to a scrappy set piece. Didn't create much. Beaten Motherwell Livingston and Aberdeen in the others. 

Having just started I've got a policy of signing young Scottish lads. Shankland. Some lad on the wing from Motherwell who is still on loan there. McMullan has started well as backup winger. Got Lewis Vaughan coming as well. All very cheap. Got some awesome coaches so hoping to develop those lads. 

Annoyingly already got 6 on loan. Some of them I can't stand. Haha. 

I've read somewhere on this thread about exploit tactics. I'm worried I've got one as I'm basically pressing everyone to death and twatting teams. First I've ever heard of this. Don't want to win by cheating. I got mine from a video on YouTube. Someone who had got Blackpool to the prem or something. 

Had started a save with Partizan Belgrade which is usually fun due to the youth development aspect, in previous versions there had been a minor flaw in that after your first B team (Teleoptik) U19's manager leaves you are stuck managing all the Teleoptik U19 friendlies.  In FM18 this was tolerable as there were only like 2 per season so it was manageable.

Anyways am having a good first season, in a proper title battle with Red Star, a point ahead with 2 games to go in the regular season BUT a couple of game weeks earlier my Teleoptik U19's manager left.  Was hoping that in this version that bug would not exist but alas it has.  Even appointing a new manager doesn't solve it and what's worse is that the game generates Friendlies every week for Teleoptik U19's!  Meaning I am slogging through games I don't care about.  Can't figure out how to fix this and FM forums are a bust so tempted to just say f**k this and start a new save somewhere else, maybe English Conference N/S

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Had started a save with Partizan Belgrade which is usually fun due to the youth development aspect, in previous versions there had been a minor flaw in that after your first B team (Teleoptik) U19's manager leaves you are stuck managing all the Teleoptik U19 friendlies.  In FM18 this was tolerable as there were only like 2 per season so it was manageable.

Anyways am having a good first season, in a proper title battle with Red Star, a point ahead with 2 games to go in the regular season BUT a couple of game weeks earlier my Teleoptik U19's manager left.  Was hoping that in this version that bug would not exist but alas it has.  Even appointing a new manager doesn't solve it and what's worse is that the game generates Friendlies every week for Teleoptik U19's!  Meaning I am slogging through games I don't care about.  Can't figure out how to fix this and FM forums are a bust so tempted to just say f**k this and start a new save somewhere else, maybe English Conference N/S

When you go into the Staff roles, is the 19s manager set to take control of the matches?

20 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

When you go into the Staff roles, is the 19s manager set to take control of the matches?

Problem is that there is no tab for Teleoptik U19's!  There is a tab for Partizan Reserves, Partizan U19's and Teleoptik and I have changed all of those to ensure that the appropriate team manager manages friendly matches but I have no option to modify that for Teleoptik U19's

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Problem is that there is no tab for Teleoptik U19's!  There is a tab for Partizan Reserves, Partizan U19's and Teleoptik and I have changed all of those to ensure that the appropriate team manager manages friendly matches but I have no option to modify that for Teleoptik U19's

Oh bloody hell, that is annoying. If I have time later, I will post on FM Base for you, see if anyone has an idea. 

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Thanks man,  appreciate it!

There was a post about it on the SI forum in June where it was brought, and ignored, so I suspect it's a bug that's not been resolved yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Dundee are killing my attempts to go from the English 6th tier to a top world club.  After 2 seasons with Boston United where I won back to back promotions (including having the smallest budget in the National League) I took a "promotion" to Dundee who had finished 11th in the Scottish Premiership the previous season and had won the playoff.  A good start to the season saw me get some big wins including against both Aberdeen and Rangers at home, but it's all gone wrong.  No wins in 11 games has me back in the relegation mire at the end of January and am getting ever closer to the sack. 

I took Raith through League 1 and the Championship and finished 6th in my first season in the top flight. Rangers came in for me and I decided to jump ship thinking I'd took the Rovers as far as they could go. 6 games left of the season and my old Raith team are legitimate title contenders, managed by Ruben Comendez (?) and the spine of the team being the jobbers I signed in the lower leagues that I thought I'd worked miracles with by achieving Top Six. If they Leicester their way to the top and pip me to the title I'm not sure whether to be proud or fucking livid. 

CyzPFDC.png

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

My attempts to go from National League North to the CHampions League have been very well and truly derailed by Dundee while my departures leave behind a trail of destruction.  

After two seasons and two promotions with Boston United I decided to take a big pay increase and go to Dundee.  Boston proceed to finish bottom of League Two on only 19 points

My career at Dundee starts well, on November 22nd I beat Rangers 4-1 at home to leave myself 6th in the Premiership on 20 points, that would be my last win as Dundee manager.  What happened next was an absolute calamity of blown leads, horrible defending, and dressing room friction (led by Paul McGowan) that was started by blowing a 2 goal lead in the last 10 minutes of my next game at St. Johnstone to draw 2-2.  I then went 4 months without a win, finally getting the sack after a 2-1 loss at Kilmarnock in March that left Dundee 11th on 24 points (having drawn 4 and lost 11 league games).  My successor would continue the trend and go winless in Dundee's last 6 games as they ended up bottom and being relegated.

My reputation in tatters, the only jobs I can get are Gosport Borough and if I am lucky Blyth Spartans or Dulwich Hamlet, all back in the English 6th tier.  

Doesn't sound like much but got my Ajax team to the Champions League final in 2024. Ended up getting rid of the big young players in the second season and rebuilding with newgens - mostly South American. Don't think I've ever won the Champions League in any Football Manager game. Very excited.

EDIT: Didn't happen. Beaten 2-1 with an equaliser in injury time chopped off. Heartbroken.

Edited by kerrdavidson95

22 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Where's my fucking job, at the weekend I finally got Kelty into the Champions league after seeing off Genk in the play off. 12 seasons it's taken.

I got Coleraine into the quarter finals of the Europa League yet nobody has offered me a job either.

Sigh

Meanwhile in my current game I was able to win the National League North with Blyth Spartans in my first season there, it's 2022 and I just signed a 22 year old midfielder named Matty Longstaff, I suspect I won't be able to sign him at that level in FM2020

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I just signed a 22 year old midfielder named Matty Longstaff, I suspect I won't be able to sign him at that level in FM2020

Love wee stuff like that.

Like how this time last year you could easily get Scott McTominay in the Scottish Premiership. 

Started a save with Morten 👀

First season came third and missed out on promotion via the play off final losing to Hamilton 1-0. Challenge cup in the bag to.

Played 3511 with Kiltie in behind McHugh which was lethal at times. 

Second season we are 4 points at the top of the league and the board decided to sell Tidser for 100k with add-ons to Hamilton of course. 

8 games to go and 5 ahead of Inverness with a 352 seeing as I couldn’t get someone to play behind Zak Rudden/Mchugh/Johnstone.